Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #46
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I'll buy this one as long as it has SR. I don't mind manual focus.

08-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #47
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd go for a simple camera from Ricoh that left out LV and Video...even if it was not a fast shooting machine as long as it used K mount and had great IQ. FF or not, I would be interested. Simple works for me.While I love my K5, it is loaded with features I paid for but will never use.
Regards
08-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #48

Photos: Albums
Love the idea! Please Ricoh give me a FF module!
08-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #49
Pentaxian

To be honest, I'd actually be quite interested in an AF Pentax APS module.

Why?

Because I think the ideal Pentax lenses to use on a body like the GXR would be the DA Ltd line.

GXR - 15/f4 - 35/f2.8 - 70/f2.4 - awesome

08-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
As long as the K-mount module was full frame I don't necessarily think it would need to have autofocus. To me the full frame option for digital K-mount would be the most compelling part of it.
Ricoh, are you listening? Sign me up today!!
08-15-2011, 05:19 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Um, am I missing something here? The GXR has one sensor per lens, built in as a modular unit, lens and sensor combined. The whole point of the camera is the careful matching of each sensor to its corresponding lens. How would it be possible to attach one of your own lenses to such a system?

Later,

Sorry, just read Ricoh's website. Now I understand what you're all getting at. Seems a strange thing to do - rather defeats the original purpose, it seems to me. Nevertheless, a FF module to fit all my old manual Pentax lenses would be something I'd plonk down some Aussie dollars for. Count me in.

Last edited by Wombat; 08-15-2011 at 05:29 AM.
08-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Could they actually make a module that was full frame + K mount an retain the same size advantages of the current modules? I personally could care less about the full frame thing but whatever module they make is ultimately the one I would buy. I budget myself for one major camera purchase at the beginning of every year. This year it was the X100 which I must admit is the happiest I've ever been with a gear purchase.

Next year I am going to get the GXR with the 50 and 28 modules. I think it would be great if there was a Kmount module but I would still get the 28 and 50 first. I've had the opportunity to use both modules and they are really very good. However, I would prefer a base ISO of 50 and 100 to a Kmount module. I'm all set with those two focal lengths and would be ecstatic if they made a 35mm module. I would be perfectly happy with APSC.

I'm not sure who buys these but I would guess a lot of people who also use DSLR's and get tired of lugging them around. I'm sure not if making a bigger GXR would be that good of an idea. I just don't see this as being a camera for the person who only wants one body but prefers something like the 5d and 70-200 zoom. There a definite market for this camera but like the X100 it's more specific than a DSLR market.

I liked using the one I borrowed but you have to want to use this camera much like the X100. It's not a great I want the camera to figure out everything for me while I fire away like a machine gun. It's certainly not as easy as to use as the K5. My other wish is they would make the detachable EVF as good as the Olympus VF2. That's a great viewfinder even better than on the G3.

01-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #53

k mount

Yes please - GXR K mount APSC, No Movie mode, No Live view, Just top quality imaging without an AA filter. Are you listening Ricoh -- I want one!!!!
01-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #54
Veteran Member

I wonder if our new overlord Ricoh should stay here in the Off-Topic Non-Pentax area or get dedicated areas in the main part?
01-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #55
Forum Member

The GXR always struck me as an answer looking for a question - rather like the old Pentax 110 SLR - oh hang on...
03-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #56

Bring on the GXR K Mount Module

That would be a dream come true!

I love my trusty K-7 and it's accompanying DA LTD lenses.They have been with me through thick and thin, though they are weighty (still small for a DSLR though) and I don't seem to be taking it with me as often as I used to. So now long for an advanced compact or compact system camera that I can take with me on a daily basis.

I used to have an analogue Ricoh GR II, it was a wonderful camera. Took great pictures and was tough as nails. So I've been considering the GRD IV, which seems to also be a great camera, though of course it has it's limitations (creative challenges) with the prime wide angle lens.

I thought, imagine if you could put a K Mount on a GXR, I googled it and found this thread. I see I am not alone. A K Mount Module would open up a world of possibilities.

GXR, K Mount Module, Pentax 40mm DA XS pancake lens would make a great pocket-able snap camera, with the options of having the DA LTD 21mm for some street-scapes and 70mm for some portraits in your other pocket! Would be amazing.

For additional versatility you could have the DA LTD 35mm for some macro (one of my favourites) and 15mm wide angle for sweeping landscapes in your bag too, taking up very little space. Hell, why not through in a DFA 100mm for some close-up action, and if the light gets low the FA 77mm. All bases covered in a set up that would fit in a handbag!

Need more control? Put the 40mm DA XS on your Pentax K and you would have a (cargo) pocket-able DSLR.

Of course, there is the great benefit of only needing one set of lenses for two very different cameras.

Do it! Do it!
03-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #57
Inactive Account

How does the GXR size up when compared to the K-01? It isnt available to select at camerasize.com
03-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #58
Veteran Member

The GDR is one of the most ergonomic ally friendly cameras I have ever used. Also it is high customizable. Great camera!!!!!!
03-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #59
Veteran Member

As I said in the other thread, I'd love a GXR module, or even a new camera from any given manufacturer, that is a full-frame sensor with the option to add "mount modules" for any given legacy mount. Manual focus only, obviously.
06-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #60

Photos: Gallery
I love my GXR & modules, so why not!?