Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
X100 sample images

time to feed your CBA cravings for the year.

Sample Image Gallery | FUJIFILM FinePix X100

02-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Really really want this camera.
02-08-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
yeah, me too...
Anyone knows the price yet?
02-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
yeah, me too...
Anyone knows the price yet?
I believe it was preselling in the $1,100 price range.

02-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
Pentaxian

1199 seems to be where most dealers are sitting (at least until Release
I know of 1 at $1080 with a free sdhc card

I really want this camera, but my CBA is on hold up in that price range for a while
02-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Banned

god, did anyone watch the video? that beautiful brown leather case and that lens hood…. what a looker. I have never been more excited for a digital camera..
02-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Decent looking photos. Seems like a pretty neutral color palette, not too saturated, but it's hard to tell if that will be the case all the time without knowing the camera settings. Not super sharp but also looks to have some pretty nice bokeh. Looking forward to seeing what skilled photogs can do with it when they get their hands on it.
02-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
god, did anyone watch the video? that beautiful brown leather case and that lens hood…. what a looker. I have never been more excited for a digital camera..
saw it as well, also the collage of photos on the last part of the clip looked winners, especially the model shoot which I think was shot at smaller apertures but still showed significant subject isolation.

02-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Decent looking photos. Seems like a pretty neutral color palette, not too saturated, but it's hard to tell if that will be the case all the time without knowing the camera settings. Not super sharp but also looks to have some pretty nice bokeh. Looking forward to seeing what skilled photogs can do with it when they get their hands on it.
Yes, the colors looked pretty nice. as far as sharpness is concerned, we hope that those are only straight from the camera jpegs. if the RAWs are better than those, I'm very much sold. but anyways, I don't think the lens would display such controlled sharpness especially if it is a Nikkor lens. what I hope to see is more samples. it is less than a month and I hope Fuji releases a lot to convince more people on buying it.
02-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
Yes, the colors looked pretty nice. as far as sharpness is concerned, we hope that those are only straight from the camera jpegs. if the RAWs are better than those, I'm very much sold. but anyways, I don't think the lens would display such controlled sharpness especially if it is a Nikkor lens. what I hope to see is more samples. it is less than a month and I hope Fuji releases a lot to convince more people on buying it.
Yes, the Jpeg quality may be affecting both the color and the sharpness. I'm surprised more test shots aren't done in RAW...

That said, it looks to me like the "lack of sharpness" may be part of the overall look that Fuji is going for -- sort of dreamy and smooth.
02-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Yes, the Jpeg quality may be affecting both the color and the sharpness. I'm surprised more test shots aren't done in RAW...

That said, it looks to me like the "lack of sharpness" may be part of the overall look that Fuji is going for -- sort of dreamy and smooth.
honestly, Fuji does seem to make the camera extremely useful as a portrait camera as well basing on the sample photos and camera/lens construct. not really bad for a 23mm compact fast lens. anyway, I wouldn't think it would work well if it were only lens dependent since size and light gathering would certainly be compromised for such purpose.

I'm not sure on how well it would work as a pseudo-macro though, but I would think it's use a a wide angle camera is top priority. now I'm thinking which lenses would be on the trading block.

Last edited by Pentaxor; 02-08-2011 at 10:48 AM.
02-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #12
Veteran Member

The images are a disappointing showcase to say the least. I am waiting for a proper review with raw files.

This is nothing special. Not bad but nothing spectacular. Very average photos at the best possible ISO, taken by the worst possible photographers I think.
02-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #13
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by dexmus Quote
The images are a disappointing showcase to say the least. I am waiting for a proper review with raw files.

This is nothing special. Not bad but nothing spectacular. Very average photos at the best possible ISO, taken by the worst possible photographers I think.
pretty typical of most manufacturer sample photos in all honesty. I think its safe to say that most of us will be more impressed with RAW samples that will show up when the first ones get in the hands of consumers.
02-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't ever judge final acuity based on images that show up in these types of promotions - which are mostly downsized jpegs not taken/processed with an MTF score in mind.

I suspect that this lens/sensor combo is capable of some very good sharpness at f/2.8 or smaller, and probably passable sharpness wide-open with some simple PP.

And that promotional video is pretty good.... Looks like a fun camera at the very least, at best possibly a game changer.

02-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #15
Veteran Member

It sure is a pretty little package.