Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

From what it sounds like no snobbery there. The main photography is using Nikon because it was their choice. He is requesting his second as a Nikon user as a competition and comparison before he chooses a permanent 2nd photographer. However, after he decides will really show his colors. Will he let you use your Pentax or will you use the Nikon Contest prize?

02-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
smoking offer go for it, it doesn't hurt to learn more than one make and it sounds like this guy is offering a great deal. since his whole studio is probably based on Nikon interchangeability seems the smart thing (he may also be sponsored in which case needs to output Nikon. Nothing wrong at all with a D300 it's a very good camera, in many ways it may be better than a k7. since you're k7 won't be compatible with his stock of lenses it's moot any way you'll need to shoot Nikon to fit withing the group. You are being a reverse gear snob right now. (he may well know Pentax and like the product in any case lots of experienced shooters made their start on Pentax cameras
the Only fashion guy i know shooting Pentax is Benjikan on the forum
most shoot Nikon and Leica/ and hassleblad and mamiya digital MF
02-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Well, now you know the reason from the photographer himself, but another reason photographer's specify camera for second shooters is to keep with their workflow. They use x software and have color profiles, etc for the cameras they own or at least the brand. Throwing another brand of camera files in the mix screws them up and wastes time. Think of the wedding photographer wanting the same skin tones across the shots with two or three different brands, good luck. Much easier to have one brand in the mix and leave it at that.

Sounds like a great opportunity, good luck.

QuoteOriginally posted by Student Quote

I am so angry... What the hell is this... I feel persecuted, first the club and now this... Do you think he was joking or something???
02-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Yeah, the club's one thing, (jerks. ) but the photog obviously has a scheme about a number of things.

(Hope that's on the up-and-up, actually, but I've always thought apprenticeship is a good way to teach/learn the trade.)

Don't worry about 'what kit,' though, there's more important things to learn anyway. You've obviously impressed him enough with what you've got that he'll loan you a pretty pricey piece of gear for the audition.

02-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #20
Banned

I wonder what they would have said if you said you had a 645D.
02-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I wonder what they would have said if you said you had a 645D.
I'd have to sell my unborn daughter/son to get one...
02-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Confirmed and accepted. I'm in the train right now.

02-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Confirmed and accepted. I'm in the train right now.
Have fun and Good luck

worst case you learned some new stuff, best you walk away with a nice kit and another assignment
Either way you win
02-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #24
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Have fun and Good luck

worst case you learned some new stuff, best you walk away with a nice kit and another assignment
Either way you win
I'm there, the other students are all girls... The place looks great, we each have like a private area with a mac that we can use and some other equipment. We're not shooting today but tomorrow there's a stock shoot, so yeah I'm back at the accommodation now.
02-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I'm there, the other students are all girls... The place looks great, we each have like a private area with a mac that we can use and some other equipment. We're not shooting today but tomorrow there's a stock shoot, so yeah I'm back at the accommodation now.
not really a hardship then
02-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
not really a hardship then
One of them is drop dead gorgeous! She's a real blonde from Germany with blue eyes.
02-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #27
Veteran Member

the fashion industry does have some benefits then
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #28
Veteran Member

This reminds of the Nikon Girl video. Enjoy shooting with the Nikon. I know I couldn't get a handle on it when I was trying them out. Was way too bulky for my tastes good grip but didn't want to lose my hand from having to carry it all the time.
02-23-2011, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #29
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Sweet. Go for the 135 DC lens. Those things are awesome.
02-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #30
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by epqwerty Quote
This reminds of the Nikon Girl video. Enjoy shooting with the Nikon. I know I couldn't get a handle on it when I was trying them out. Was way too bulky for my tastes good grip but didn't want to lose my hand from having to carry it all the time.
The Nikon Girl Video? Is that a fetishist thing?
Closed Thread