Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #121
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Canon? Nikon? cheap 'n' trashy Japanese cameras, if you want a real camera get a Leica.
As long as you have all three, you're set.

03-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
As long as you have all three, you're set.
well I actually have all four, Leica, Pentax, Canon and Nikon.

and I'll add it will be very interesting to see what happens with the Fuji X100*, after a short visit to the site-that-shall-not-be-named I found this:

"don't ditch your M9 so soon. The AF is a little funky but not bad. The lens is a far cry from a 35mm Summilux. (But at $1200 for the whole thing did you expect it to be?) Still, the images aren't bad. I presume more impressions and tests to come."

some of those old boys, would s*it bricks if they ever knew the SMCP FA31mm f/1.8 Limited beats the Leica summicron 35mm f/2 ASPH.

*Though I predict any photographer who owns one will have automatic amateur status with that group until they also fork out for a "professional" street photographers camera a M9 - or a second hand M8, The Leica community killed the hexar RF deader than hell for no other reason other than spite. And they treated a majority of it's users as if they were using a lesser product even though the hexar was considerably more advanced than anything leica had come out with in a 35mm camera in 50 years IMO the M7 didn't even come close to catching up to the hexar . Sure you can own and use a hexar RF, but you had better own a Leica( even it it lies in it's original sealed box, unused) to be considered one of them.

Last edited by Digitalis; 03-05-2011 at 04:39 PM.
03-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #123
Inactive Account

Quite a few people that I know on another board have pre-ordered them. The high-ISO seems impressive, and I'm intrigued by the built in ND filter.
03-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #124
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I was gone for a few days because we didn't have internet here, we went to Sweden. Seriously if you want to think that I am feeding you lies then fine, I don't feel the need to prove myself to anyone... I'll post a picture of my D700 tomorrow. The whole thing is over and I am going back home, I'll see him again in August till September, apparently that's when there's the most work.

03-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

"don't ditch your M9 so soon. The AF is a little funky but not bad. The lens is a far cry from a 35mm Summilux. (But at $1200 for the whole thing did you expect it to be?) Still, the images aren't bad. I presume more impressions and tests to come."

some of those old boys, would s*it bricks if they ever knew the SMCP FA31mm f/1.8 Limited beats the Leica summicron 35mm f/2 ASPH.

Ha, sounds like RFF to me. I love leica gear and wish i could afford some but a large number of the amateur end of Leica really amaze me in their unwillingness to accept that something other than leica may also be a stellar product, of course frequently those same people take some of the most banal shots i've seen. the ability to afford the gear is one thing, having a vision is another (that apparently a cash infusion can't fix)

Welcome back student. don't disappoint me, and fix the damn links to Flickr bud
I like stories like yours, and would like to see it be true
03-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
frequently those same people take some of the most banal shots i've seen. the ability to afford the gear is one thing, having a vision is another (that apparently a cash infusion can't fix)
all too true, on the forum-that-shall-not-be-named the Leica mob there usually post the most uninteresting images, almost all of them are in b&w and sometimes with one colour element in the image to make it look artsy. I would rather look at ten badly done HDR images for every crap image 90% of the Leica photographers there post.
03-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #127
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
all too true, on the forum-that-shall-not-be-named the Leica mob there usually post the most uninteresting images, almost all of them are in b&w and sometimes with one colour element in the image to make it look artsy. I would rather look at ten badly done HDR images for every crap image 90% of the Leica photographers there post.
It drives me as crazy as there obsession with how sharp their lenses are. Stop taking pictures of the damn brick wall and get out and shoot something interesting. What i really want the leica for has nothing to do with sharpness but form and function for street photography. There really is nothing better than a good RF for that. for other things there are better tools at the price of an M9 and couple of good lenses that's for sure (Say a 645D and a couple of lenses for landscapes for instance, a nice FF nikon or canon for action....)
But then again I don't expect a bunch of dentists to be artists, as long as they are when they work on my teeth. they can delude themselves that the gear makes their work better lol

03-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Student Quote
Hi everyone, I was gone for a few days because we didn't have internet here, we went to Sweden. Seriously if you want to think that I am feeding you lies then fine, I don't feel the need to prove myself to anyone... I'll post a picture of my D700 tomorrow. The whole thing is over and I am going back home, I'll see him again in August till September, apparently that's when there's the most work.
Cool! Where in Sweden? Do you have any shots you can post? Has the photographer gone back under deep cover, or can you reveal his name finally?

Looking forward to your shot of your new D700! I lost track, did the photographer give you an 85 1.4 also? If so, please put that on the camera when you shoot it, that's a lovely lens! (If you feel the need to take the shot in a camera store, that's OK, they usually have better lighting anyway.)

Honestly - if you are on the level - and not wendyb, or someone who strangely suffers form the same malady - then you should have no problem putting these questions to rest, by providing specific information that can be verified, and/or original images you took. Until then, you're still just trying to string folks along with your rather fantastical story.

03-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #129
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Cool! Where in Sweden? Do you have any shots you can post? Has the photographer gone back under deep cover, or can you reveal his name finally?

Looking forward to your shot of your new D700! I lost track, did the photographer give you an 85 1.4 also? If so, please put that on the camera when you shoot it, that's a lovely lens! (If you feel the need to take the shot in a camera store, that's OK, they usually have better lighting anyway.)

Honestly - if you are on the level - and not wendyb, or someone who strangely suffers form the same malady - then you should have no problem putting these questions to rest, by providing specific information that can be verified, and/or original images you took. Until then, you're still just trying to string folks along with your rather fantastical story.

Just for you JSherman999 I'll shoot it with a Pentax strap on.
03-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #130
Veteran Member

Just for you JSherman999 I'll shoot it with a Pentax strap on.
Great! btw, how come your image links are still broken?

Also - what's that photographer's name, and can you post some downsized shots from the shoot you just participated in?

By the way, did you ever get the eyecup-slider-thingie on your K-7 figured out?

I moved it by mistake because I thought it was a lock to keep the eyecup in place but it doesn't seem to be... Oh lord, what have I done? What is this thing? How do I fix it? Now my image is all bokeh'ed out on my K-7.
link --> Oops, I moved the sliding thing with plus and minus behind the eyecup... What is it?

Last edited by jsherman999; 03-07-2011 at 04:38 PM.
03-08-2011, 03:40 AM   #131
Inactive Account

Original Poster

Shot this in the car, uploading it quickly. Too lazy to actually put the Pentax strap on but you can see it clearly.

Last edited by Student; 03-08-2011 at 09:17 AM.
03-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #132
Veteran Member

Shot this in the car, uploading it quickly. Too lazy to actually put the Pentax strap on but you can see it clearly.
Cool! You'e moved beyond where wendyb went, in that you've proven that you at least know someone who has some of the equipment you claim to have, and have posted an image of a piece of it. Now, why are your links to images broken? (when you get time to answer that is, I'm sure you're pretty busy.)

Also, I'm now doubting that you and wendyb are the same person - I think you're genuinely new.

Can I call you Henry? Also, did anything ever become of this session where the model was groping you? Did she successfully get a date with you?

QuoteQuote:
Help! The model started flirting with me during a nude photoshoot...?

Okay, I just had my first nude photoshoot with a model and at the end she like started to flirt with me instead of getting dressed, she even started undoing the buttons on my shirt. Of course I remained professional and left. I'm affraid she might be one of those horrible women who go to a photoshoot, seduce the artist and then claim he touched them or raped them... What should I do? She has been trying to call me all afternoon.
From --> link.

Now, before you claim that's not you, here's how I found it: You posted a thread here called "Please tell me if this would make a good flyer to find models at Uni." In that thread, you linked to a flickr image that no longer works - however, when you click it, it takes you to someone's photosteam - which says "hentry tournere does not have anything to show you.", which means stuff is either gone or locked down. But when you google "henry tournere", you find some rather fantastical photography-related stories posted on Yahoo answers, among other things.

Really, a way to shortcut this is to show your work. If it actually exists, all the magical stories around it can maybe be forgiven!

03-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #133
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Cool! You'e moved beyond where wendyb went, in that you've proven that you at least know someone who has some of the equipment you claim to have, and have posted an image of a piece of it. Now, why are your links to images broken? (when you get time to answer that is, I'm sure you're pretty busy.)

Also, I'm now doubting that you and wendyb are the same person - I think you're genuinely new.

Can I call you Henry? Also, did anything ever become of this session where the model was groping you? Did she successfully get a date with you?

From --> link.

Now, before you claim that's not you, here's how I found it: You posted a thread here called "Please tell me if this would make a good flyer to find models at Uni." In that thread, you linked to a flickr image that no longer works - however, when you click it, it takes you to someone's photosteam - which says "hentry tournere does not have anything to show you.", which means stuff is either gone or locked down. But when you google "henry tournere", you find some rather fantastical photography-related stories posted on Yahoo answers, among other things.

Really, a way to shortcut this is to show your work. If it actually exists, all the magical stories around it can maybe be forgiven!

I am starting to think that YOU are trolling my thread. You're the kind of troll who points fingers at every second thread yelling troll. I don't know Henry Tournere and I am certainly not French. No idea where this comes from. Now please if you think I am a troll then why don't you just ignore this thread or mute my posts in your settings or whatever.

The definitive guide to Trolls - Ubuntu Forums
03-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #134
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I just did some googling. 'Henry' indeed seems like a troll but mind you he has nothing to do with me. If you read his questions you will see the most randoms things most of which seem to be quoted from somewhere. It is possible that he found my thread and created some modified obscene version of my poster. In any case this doesn't justify your insisting attempts to expose me as the 'root of all evil'. If that helps my first name is Kurt.
03-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #135
Veteran Member

I am starting to think that YOU are trolling my thread. You're the kind of troll who points fingers at every second thread yelling troll. I don't know Henry Tournere and I am certainly not French. No idea where this comes from. Now please if you think I am a troll then why don't you just ignore this thread or mute my posts in your settings or whatever.

The definitive guide to Trolls - Ubuntu Forums

No-one is calling you a troll, you don't fit the description. Story teller? Yes...

So, if you're not Henry Tournere, why did you post a link to his photostream in that thread you started?

PS: Also, I did notice that you mentioned earlier in this thread that the shoot you were going to do with this photographer was for Guerlian. I took the liberty of shooting them an email yesterday, and here's the response from this morning:

irousseau@guerlain.fr <irousseau@guerlain.fr>
to "...">
date Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:25 AM
subject Others

Dear Sir,

I acknowledge receipt of your mail from 3/8/2011 and I thank you for sending it.

According to different services and our agent, I am sorry to inform you but there has been no recent photoshoot in Sweden.

Yours faithfully,

Isabelle ROUSSEAU
Customer Service Department
irousseau@guerlain.fr

Last edited by jsherman999; 03-08-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Closed Thread