Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #136
Inactive Account

Original Poster

Another one with the Champagne bottle we drank at lunch. Now if you're still not convinced I am giving up trying to convince you. I won't post my full name or the name of the photographer because I am concerned about my privacy.

Last edited by Student; 03-08-2011 at 09:17 AM.
03-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #137
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Student Quote

Another one with the Champagne bottle we drank at lunch. Now if you're still not convinced I am giving up trying to convince you. I won't post my full name or the name of the photographer because I am concerned about my privacy.

OK, kid, carry on, I'll let you be. No photoshoot in Sweden according to the product people, no links to your work, image links you have posted are broken, you link to a guy's photostream, and this guy also tells funny photo stories other places - but it's not you - sure.

Tell you the truth, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next, and in all honesty, you haven't been nasty to anyone as far as I can see (like wendyb was.)

Make sure you let us know how the next shoot goes.

03-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #138
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

OK, kid, carry on, I'll let you be. No photoshoot in Sweden according to the product people, no links to your work, image links you have posted are broken, you link to a guy's photostream, and this guy also tells funny photo stories other places - but it's not you - sure.

Tell you the truth, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next, and in all honesty, you haven't been nasty to anyone as far as I can see (like wendyb was.)

Make sure you let us know how the next shoot goes.

The swedish thing was a small thing which was sort of like a bonus once the competitive part was over. I am not linking to his photostream at all. His photostream is empty as you have shown us.
03-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Folks are simply trying to reconcile the student who has won contests, work, and the admiration of a well-heeled professional fashion photographer with the clueless, Forrest Gump student. Playing both roles for this long can be likened to formica veneer peeling off a kitchen countertop.

I doubt anyone cares whether or not you have a d700. Having one does nothing to validate your narrative. Simply post real pics that you've taken with EXIF data. No need to oust your mentor or expose your identity. How about some of those pics that garnered the attention of the pro in the first place?

03-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #140
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Oh, the reason why my links are broken is because I don't use flickr, I only use it to post images on forums and delete stuff after a month or so.
03-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #141
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote
Folks are simply trying to reconcile the student who has won contests, work, and the admiration of a well-heeled professional fashion photographer with the clueless, Forrest Gump student. Playing both roles for this long can be likened to formica veneer peeling off a kitchen countertop.

I doubt anyone cares whether or not you have a d700. Having one does nothing to validate your narrative. Simply post real pics that you've taken with EXIF data. No need to oust your mentor or expose your identity. How about some of those pics that garnered the attention of the pro in the first place?
Well I am still abroad but I will post some either once I come back OR I will take some more for you.
03-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #142
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, Student, maybe you could give a bit more exposure on your images there. See, I thought I'd have a peek at the EXIF data and maybe see what you might be trying to do those shots with...

I got a name, instead. A French one.

Whoever's gear those bag photos were shot with, *their* name's on the copyright and byline notices, but I guess on balance telling a few tall tales on the Net doesn't mean you or maybe your friends there forefeit that privacy you want respected, so I won't tell.

It's not nice to jerk people around, though, you know. Just sayin'.

03-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #143
Veteran Member

I know who "student" is .... it is CHARLIE SHEEN !!

I guess it could be a fun game to see how long you can fool suckers on an internet forum.

Maybe someday you will grow up and find better ways to spend your time.

I've subscribed to this thread so I can see how this plays out. I am a sucker for a good spectacle.

- Sam
03-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #144
Veteran Member

Heehee, Sam.

(Love that helmet, btw. )
03-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #145
A-z
Forum Member

Bizarre thread!
03-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #146
Veteran Member

lol, watch out for those fire breathing fists now that you've outed him Sam
funny how those pics are no longer available huh
made me a sceptic kid, took 50 + years but someone finally did it
03-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #147
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I think it's time to move on... This thread is becoming awkward.
03-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #148
Veteran Member

d'ya think?
03-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #149
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
d'ya think?

.................. and on that note...................

closed
Closed Thread