Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Left Pentax 2 years ago to buy full frame 5D2, was also sick of reliability issues with K10/K100D digital bodies.

I keep old K100D + FA35/F2 as my travel camera and wanted to upgrade to Kr now, but reading about focusing issues with this body I am having my second thoughts.

03-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #47

Simply because I could get a D700 for under $2k for a refurbished unit, and nothing Pentax can do can come close to that value for dollar. I'm simply not prepared to spend over $1k on an APS body again when I can get a FF for basically the cost of one good lens over it, and it's a body that I'll keep for the foreseeable future rather than an incremental upgrade from what I already had. There was a great deal that I loved about my K-7, but I was more and more using it only in marginal light where it was at its worst. I also needed to replace my Sigma flash anyway and felt like I would get more for my money with a Nikon flash too, so it was the right time for me.

But I'm lending out the K-7 now to a friend who used to shoot Nikon on film but hasn't owned a dslr. I think it will be a good fit for her so perhaps she'll cancel me out
03-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
what is the point to compare something with Samsung sensors ? the gap between Panasonic sensors and Sony sensors is only increasing
The point is comparing cameras and sensors that I have used extensively in the real world, not looking up DxO numbers on 100% crops on the Interwebs!

Besides, I don't see a huge difference here:
Photo Album - Imgur
03-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll still be able to hang round here as I'm keeping my Pentax cap!

03-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #50
juu
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
what is the point to compare something with Samsung sensors ? the gap between Panasonic sensors and Sony sensors is only increasing
a) There are many still using Panasonic sensors on the forums
b) I don't see the difference increasing in sample pictures. If anything, the latest dpreview samples of GH2 show that the difference is barely there until very high ISO:
Comparison
03-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I'll still be able to hang round here as I'm keeping my Pentax cap!
As long as I shoot 35mm....correction: As long as i keep my collection of antique cameras, I can hang here.