Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Tester claims New Sony A77 is top notch!

Well its that time again folks!

Time to set our sights and hopes on the upcoming announcements and technology. And this years all time crowd favorite could likely be the Sony A77.
And Pentaxians have a investment in Sony sensors as this 24mp variant could very well become the product of the next Pentax flagship.

Anyways, to put a spin on things, here are a few tidbits that I've collected over the past few days concerning the upcoming A77 sensor.

1. July 7 is the launch date
  2. It is a 24mp sensor.
  3. It will mark Sony's second generation of fine pixel fabrication technology which achieves the industry’s top class of image sensor characteristics while maintaining a high pixel count.
  4. The A77 is described as amazing and best APS-C camera ever tested by beta reviewers.
  5. The A77 has also been described as having improved High-ISO over its predecessor despite the resolution increase.
  6. Sony is also working on new sensor technology for fullframe cameras.
  7. And finally the A77 receives and AF upgrade described as extremely fast and accurate.
Well there you have it.
TBH. it will be very interesting to see how things look on July 7'th. But more importantly... I'll be looking out for an announcement from Pentax regarding a K-5 successor

05-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm looking forward to the announcement and early reviews too John. Before the K-5 sensor I would have been sceptical that they could get more pixels and reduced noise, but now I believe those Sony engineers really are magicians and anything is possible.
05-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Well its that time again folks!

Time to set our sights and hopes on the upcoming announcements and technology. And this years all time crowd favorite could likely be the Sony A77.
And Pentaxians have a investment in Sony sensors as this 24mp variant could very well become the product of the next Pentax flagship.

Anyways, to put a spin on things, here are a few tidbits that I've collected over the past few days concerning the upcoming A77 sensor.

1. July 7 is the launch date
  2. It is a 24mp sensor.
  3. It will mark Sony's second generation of fine pixel fabrication technology which achieves the industry’s top class of image sensor characteristics while maintaining a high pixel count.
  4. The A77 is described as amazing and best APS-C camera ever tested by beta reviewers.
  5. The A77 has also been described as having improved High-ISO over its predecessor despite the resolution increase.
  6. Sony is also working on new sensor technology for fullframe cameras.
  7. And finally the A77 receives and AF upgrade described as extremely fast and accurate.
Well there you have it.
TBH. it will be very interesting to see how things look on July 7'th. But more importantly... I'll be looking out for an announcement from Pentax regarding a K-5 successor

It's

a

Sony.

I'll wait for the K-3.

(seriously tho - any links to the accounts of these beta reviewers? I'd like to observe what they're saying wherever they hang...)

05-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
JHD
Veteran Member

Thank God for Sony!

Just imagine where Pentax would be without Sony...

05-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
(seriously tho - any links to the accounts of these beta reviewers? I'd like to observe what they're saying wherever they hang...)
I get my dirt from SonyAlphaRumors: sonyalpharumors | Home
05-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm with Jay.
Sorry Sony - your sensor technology is always impressive, but your bodies are unrefined, blocky and not as much of a joy to use as Pentax.

As much as I look forward to the K-3 or whatever it will be called, I'm sticking with the K-5 for now...
06-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looking fwd to the D400.

06-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Looking fwd to the D400.
same here
06-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the D400 expected to have the same sensor (to your knowledge)?
06-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Rumor is that the D400 will have the same 24mp sensor.