Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #106
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
I still hold out hope for an Olympus "pro" model that would incorporate a tilt screen, EVF, direct ISO access and other ergonomic improvements.
The odd thing about this is that Olympus showed with the OM and E systems that they're really quite good an ergonomics and user interface design.

Then they got to the Pens and it's like they just decided to forget everything they knew... I still get shivers when I think about the control dial/mode buttons combination. Who? Why? WHY???

Anyway, here's hoping the Pen 'Pro' (if/when) will ergonomically resemble the E-system more than the current Pens :/

07-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #107
Pentaxian

With respect to Christine, it is, of course, horses for courses.

For me the Pentax Q has zero interest... I've found m43 as small as I need (I always carry a small bag so I don't need a literally 'pocketable' camera, and the GH2 pushes the boundaries of ergonomics...) and my number one grumple with Four Thirds in general is limited DoF control, so any change would be toward a larger sensor, rather than a smaller one (unfortunately the only compact FF body is the M9, and I don't have a handy $8000 + lenses).

As it happens, I've just ordered an X100 as a 'carry everywhere' camera. For me the combination of sensor/body/lens is absolutely perfect, it is literally exactly what I want.

Naturally though, what I want is not at all what everyone wants, and from what you've said the Q sounds very suitable (although I'm still dubious about Pentax's IQ claims - shall wait for reviews I think )
07-26-2011, 03:20 AM   #108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
With respect to Christine, it is, of course, horses for courses.

For me the Pentax Q has zero interest... I've found m43 as small as I need (I always carry a small bag so I don't need a literally 'pocketable' camera, and the GH2 pushes the boundaries of ergonomics...) and my number one grumple with Four Thirds in general is limited DoF control, so any change would be toward a larger sensor, rather than a smaller one (unfortunately the only compact FF body is the M9, and I don't have a handy $8000 + lenses).

As it happens, I've just ordered an X100 as a 'carry everywhere' camera. For me the combination of sensor/body/lens is absolutely perfect, it is literally exactly what I want.

Naturally though, what I want is not at all what everyone wants, and from what you've said the Q sounds very suitable (although I'm still dubious about Pentax's IQ claims - shall wait for reviews I think )
There are more than claims now. Check the Rumors section. Someone posted a link to a Flickr page with samples.

EDIT: http://www.flickr.com/photos/n00bs/sets/72157627083831739/with/5943607042/
07-26-2011, 03:51 AM   #109
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gtxtom Quote
There are more than claims now. Check the Rumors section. Someone posted a link to a Flickr page with samples.

EDIT: PENTAX Q test - a set on Flickr
I saw that... Hard to know what to think - do you compare it to P&S cameras? In that case it looks pretty good... Or do you compare it to mirrorless cameras in the same price range? In which case it looks bloody awful :/ (Either way it's probably worth noting that they're beta jpeg samples)

The digital bokeh samples look 'interesting'...

07-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #110
Veteran Member

Yea I noticed that ... Real blurred in some areas and less in others.