Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Great old cameras

It's been a while since I posted anything, Mostly because it seemed like a war of Meg a pixels and features that are not keeping with the purpose of a capturing that one shot. I have fled back to the use of film. I picked up my Pentax K1000 and roles of film. I still shoot digital and with great results. I have also been shopping for and finding old film cameras.
I just picked up a great find (a 1931 Kodak Junior six-620) the camera was made for 12 ex poser 620 roll film. This camera was in mint condition, In the box, with all the directions, and setting cards. The billows was still soft and clean inside and out. the lens says No.0 Kodon with F stops of f.11, f.16, f.22, f.32. the shutter speeds range from 100, 50, 25, B, and T. The price I paid for this great camera was well worth the kick I get every time I use it and just to have a picture so clean and clear. I was able to find a shop that would cut me the film I needed to use and at this writing I'm waiting for the same shop to develop it. I'll post some of the shots later once I can scan the photos in and see if I can post what I got.

07-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #2

Awesome find! I love finding vintage cameras and loading them up with film. I found a Kodak Duaflex II 620film camera that I like to throw some 35mm film in. It's pretty fun to let the image expose around the sprocket holes. It's also fun to search the web and find scans of the original owner's manual, too. They made some great manuals back in the day. "Opens in a Jiffy!"
07-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Some pictures of The 1931 Kodak junior six-620

Front view.

Right Side View.

Left side view.

07-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
B&H still sells 620.

07-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
B&H still sells 620.
Oh wow, crazy.

I've also read that you can modify 120 spools to work instead of 620. Or you can respool 120 onto an old 620 reel, too.

A quick google search will bring up something like this!

HOW TO: Convert 120 film to 620 film | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
07-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
620 film

I have been in contact with B&H and I want to try their Black and white 620 400 asa but I'm not sure of how it will work in this camera. My f stop range is from .11 to .32 and the camera speeds I have to select from are from 100, 50, 25, B, and T. I saw they had a 100 asa but this would mean it is a faster film. (and they are out of it.) so I'm going to order some 400 and see what that does. The only problem I foresee is in Development. If i send it away I may not get the metal winding spool back. So I need to find some one local that can do the developing for me. I want that spool back. Other wise I would have parts missing from the camera making it void for resale later.
07-27-2011, 07:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

It's actually easy to process B&W yourself but if you don't want to invest in the basic tools (changing bag, single, self-loading reel and canister, bottled chemicals) for that perhaps another forum member in your area (if any) could help you out?

I'm in Toronto.
07-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #8
Veteran Member

For send-away processing, you can ask beforehand if they will return the spool - often they will as long as you write so in the 'special instructions' and I'd put a note on the spool as well.

I have accumulated a few 620 spools, but so far all I do is respool 120 b&w and develop it myself. One of these days I'll do the color film thing.

Another alternative is to re-re-spool the exposed film back onto a 120 spool.

ps. I asked Lattin Color Labs (they sell dip'n'dunk C41 processing via the bay) if they return spools. They replied that they have customers who shoot 620 and that yes, they will return the spool as long as I note that in the instructions. I just sent my first 4 rolls in, none was 620 though...

Last edited by Nesster; 07-27-2011 at 12:33 PM.