Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 779 Likes Search this Thread
12-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #2086
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
So, I'm still in a big lazy mood. So, a sunrise from my window again
Lazy, maybe, but still a pretty cool image.

12-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #2087
Veteran Member

Thanks, Brent! I've posted some on Leica Forum at dp which is quite ecumenical but there are always some grumbles so I stopped. I just mostly do it on my blog:

Heliography - Blog

which gets very little traffic a the moment but maybe that's OK. Sometimes feedback is great, other times it's a distraction. I am tempted by the new Sony gear but will hold off at least until I clear all my surplus to requirement stuff.
12-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #2088
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DanielT74 Quote
Thanks, Brent! I've posted some on Leica Forum at dp which is quite ecumenical but there are always some grumbles so I stopped. I just mostly do it on my blog:

Heliography - Blog

which gets very little traffic a the moment but maybe that's OK. Sometimes feedback is great, other times it's a distraction. I am tempted by the new Sony gear but will hold off at least until I clear all my surplus to requirement stuff.
Right. I forget to check Michelek's, Bimjo's and your blog unless you guys remind me. Some great stuff you have there. I see a lot of it in the street photog thread. I brought the 5N and the Sigma 30 out tonight, but my wife and I are not those super parents that have it all together. We simply survive outings with the kids. This time we tried to take them to see Santa. One is terrified of everything and one is a constant flight risk, and can't be made to wait in lines. I didn't take one photo. It sure helps when we bring their grandparents. It takes all 4 of us for things to run smoothly. We're at the point where we have to get a leash for our son. No wonder we're homebodies; so no NEX photos from me, this time.
12-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #2089
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Right. I forget to check Michelek's, Bimjo's and your blog unless you guys remind me. Some great stuff you have there. I see a lot of it in the street photog thread. I brought the 5N and the Sigma 30 out tonight, but my wife and I are not those super parents that have it all together. We simply survive outings with the kids. This time we tried to take them to see Santa. One is terrified of everything and one is a constant flight risk, and can't be made to wait in lines. I didn't take one photo. It sure helps when we bring their grandparents. It takes all 4 of us for things to run smoothly. We're at the point where we have to get a leash for our son. No wonder we're homebodies; so no NEX photos from me, this time.
Haha! Our kids are older - the youngest is the girl in the photo, she is 5, so it is much easier overall. I do recall toddler-time and all the various disasters! Glad we are past it, but new problems come too. The middle kid, for example, is grumpy tonight that his multiple lolly-bags from parties don't all survive (we trash most of them) and that there was no story tonight and kicked his leg out at me when I tried to tuck him in... At 7, he should know better, you'd think...

12-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #2090
Veteran Member

Good to see you guys are keeping this thread alive. With the recent fervor over the A7/A7r things NEX have cooled considerably.

Started out to shoot Christmas decorations and ended up making stars from the tree lights instead. Then the laser pointers came out and things got really weird. More on my blog.

Nikon 80-400 VR, nice, but star not defined enough.

Switched to the M-Rokkor 90/4 @ f/11 + 16mm ext tube.

Clear ornament + laser pointer =
12-19-2013, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #2091
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Little NEX3 carried on my bike with the 55-210, amongst the Mountain Ashes of the Acheron Way, Victoria, Australia

12-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #2092
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Little NEX3 carried on my bike with the 55-210, amongst the Mountain Ashes of the Acheron Way, Victoria, Australia

What a beautiful place, nice capture.

01-02-2014, 10:36 PM - 4 Likes   #2093

I got my Nex-3n a few weeks ago. I love the small size compared to my *ist ds, and I've been pretty happy with the results. Most of the time I shoot with my Pentax-A 50/1.7 lens and the focus peaking and focus zoom is a godsend for manual focus. I also like the settings for creating in-camera black and white photos, especially with my older lenses.

I'm looking forward to playing around with other older lenses, especially some of the more compact ones, even if they aren't the highest quality. I have an Industar 69 on the way from Moscow, and I just got a good deal on a Pentax 110 kit with 3 lenses that should be here in a week or so.

Downtown San Diego:

Snow Leopard (at the zoo at night, handheld):

From the San Diego "Tweed Ride" bicycle ride:

Snapped a few with the 16-50 kit lens while I was riding, the autofocus comes in pretty handy for that

Last edited by mainstreetexile; 01-02-2014 at 10:42 PM.
01-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #2094
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mainstreetexile Quote
I got my Nex-3n a few weeks ago. I love the small size compared to my *ist ds, and I've been pretty happy with the results. Most of the time I shoot with my Pentax-A 50/1.7 lens and the focus peaking and focus zoom is a godsend for manual focus. I also like the settings for creating in-camera black and white photos, especially with my older lenses.

I'm looking forward to playing around with other older lenses, especially some of the more compact ones, even if they aren't the highest quality. I have an Industar 69 on the way from Moscow, and I just got a good deal on a Pentax 110 kit with 3 lenses that should be here in a week or so.

Downtown San Diego:

Snow Leopard (at the zoo at night, handheld):

From the San Diego "Tweed Ride" bicycle ride:

Snapped a few with the 16-50 kit lens while I was riding, the autofocus comes in pretty handy for that
Some nice ones, welcome.
01-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #2095
Veteran Member

I am new to the Melbourne area (Glen Waverly area) and am interested in riding the Acheron Way biking paths as soon as my bike arrives by mid January. I don't have a mountain bike anymore, rather a 21 speed city bike...what are your thoughts about that kind of bike on this ride? Are the paths mostly smooth?

Thanks!

Jason
01-04-2014, 12:05 AM   #2096
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
I am new to the Melbourne area (Glen Waverly area) and am interested in riding the Acheron Way biking paths as soon as my bike arrives by mid January. I don't have a mountain bike anymore, rather a 21 speed city bike...what are your thoughts about that kind of bike on this ride? Are the paths mostly smooth?

Thanks!

Jason
Essentially, the Acheron Way follows the river from Narbethong up to its birthplace on the slopes of Mt Donna Buang.

It's bitumen for maybe a third of the route, then dirt up the mountain.

A screaming descent into Warburton on the other side follows.

You've got to be fit. Any bike with wider tyres should be fine, Jason!

The whole Yarra Valley area is great to hike, bike, photograph and eat/drink in.
01-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #2097
Veteran Member

Essentially, the Acheron Way follows the river from Narbethong up to its birthplace on the slopes of Mt Donna Buang.

It's bitumen for maybe a third of the route, then dirt up the mountain.

A screaming descent into Warburton on the other side follows.

You've got to be fit. Any bike with wider tyres should be fine, Jason!

The whole Yarra Valley area is great to hike, bike, photograph and eat/drink in.
Excellent info and thanks very much! I am looking forward to exploring those areas. I have been up and all around Mt Dandenong, but not on bike as of yet...still waiting for my shipping to arrive from Europe. Maybe by next week!

Jason
01-21-2014, 09:01 PM - 1 Like   #2098

Been a while but here are some recent A7 pics
01-21-2014, 09:36 PM   #2099
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joelR Quote
Congrats on your A7. I think people aren't posting their A7(r) pics in here. I say, just because Sony dropped the NEX name is no reason to drop this thread. Keep them coming.
01-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #2100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joelR Quote
Zeiss 35mm?