Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 779 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2014, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #2206
Veteran Member

Haha, that first one looks like someone wasn't too sure how much fun this really is.

05-20-2014, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #2207
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bimjo Quote
Haha, that first one looks like someone wasn't too sure how much fun this really is.
Yeah, it took him awhile to get used to it; but then he didn't want to leave.
05-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #2208
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Yeah, it took him awhile to get used to it; but then he didn't want to leave.
Looked like a fun day!

Another in my Hong Kong series - this one is called The Prayer:
05-21-2014, 04:35 PM - 2 Likes   #2209
Veteran Member

Did you know there is a Snoopy's World in Hong Kong? It's nestled deep in the middle of suburbia, surrounded by tall apartment buildings:

05-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #2210
Veteran Member

Haha, that's really cool.
05-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #2211
Veteran Member

I didn't think there was a suburbia in Hong Kong. My daughter would be really happy to see a giant Lucy. She is her favorite. We live near Knott's Berry Farm, which uses Snoopy and crew for a theme for their children's section, Camp Snoopy.
05-22-2014, 03:43 PM - 2 Likes   #2212
Veteran Member

I didn't think there was a suburbia in Hong Kong. My daughter would be really happy to see a giant Lucy. She is her favorite. We live near Knott's Berry Farm, which uses Snoopy and crew for a theme for their children's section, Camp Snoopy.
LOL - I call it "suburbia" because it's the closest equivalent - a mostly residential area centred around a huge shopping mall (Snoopy's World is part of this mall) and town centre.

I don't have a lot of pictures of Lucy, but here is one (taken from a totem pole):

05-22-2014, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #2213

I haven't been shooting much these days, with the NEX or the D600. I really need to get back into it, but here are some family snaps.

Love the color!!! How do you process your images?

---------- Post added 05-22-14 at 07:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
You are right, Sony can't seem to make their lenses small and compact and good, compared to even Pentax (with the DA and FA Limited series).

My most used lens in Hong Kong was probably the 20mm pancake, only because it was so convenient and the focal length suited the photos I was taking. But looking at the raw images, the quality isn't really up to the DA21, or the Zeiss FE35.

However, the one advantage of Sony E mount lenses is the weight. I decided for the Hong Kong trip that weight was the most important criterion. Have you held a Leica M? The body is surprisingly quite heavy. I think a Leica M with 1-2 Summicron lenses may look small and compact, but it will be a burden to carry by the end of the day. I was very tempted to the the A7r with me to Hong Kong, but I knew it would be too heavy for me. And I shudder to think of what a DSLR would weigh - I think if I had carried a DSLR I would have not ventured out as much, and definitely would not have taken as many pictures.

If you want something really small, suggestion is RX100. My partner loves it and the image quality is really amazing considering the size of the camera.
Christine,

my voigtlander 35 came.. assembled together already.. It's not as "pocketable" like my LX-5... but.. at least now it's "PORTABLE".

05-23-2014, 03:52 AM   #2214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photodesignch Quote

Christine,

my voigtlander 35 came.. assembled together already.. It's not as "pocketable" like my LX-5... but.. at least now it's "PORTABLE".
Nice! I'm sure you will have lots of fun with it! Remember to come back here and post some pictures for us!
05-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #2215
Veteran Member

Love the color!!! How do you process your images?
Thanks. Just lightroom, working off a base preset. Only minor adjustments to the last two, no preset, but I assume you're referring to the water shots.
05-23-2014, 01:00 PM - 2 Likes   #2216
Veteran Member

Found another photo from Snoopy's World that I kind of like - I was peering through dense foliage which explains the composition:
05-24-2014, 10:51 PM - 3 Likes   #2217

Testing shots for Voigtlander 35/2.5 on Nex-5n.. Testing bokeh, sharpness, Aperture F2.5, F4, F5.6, F8, test color on blue, green, white, red, pink, cyan, magenta...

Bokeh lacks for 3D pop feeling like swirly feeling like Pentax/Leica.. more align to Zeiss' (sharp focus or super blur for OOF).

Red is a little pink washed out, blue is pale, white lacks of layers... However, even widest aperture is sharp.. It's overall a very good walk around lens!

05-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #2218
Veteran Member

The lens looks like a winner, nice test shots.
05-25-2014, 10:46 AM - 3 Likes   #2219
Veteran Member

My CV 35/2.5 doesn't get much use on my 5N as it's not a focal length I'm particularly fond of (I like my 28/3.5 better and a 25/4 would be better still) on APS-C sensors. The pics it produces look great though.

---------- Post added 05-25-14 at 10:50 AM ----------

A couple taken the other day of the first red rose of the year.

05-25-2014, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #2220
Veteran Member

Testing shots for Voigtlander 35/2.5 on Nex-5n.. Testing bokeh, sharpness, Aperture F2.5, F4, F5.6, F8, test color on blue, green, white, red, pink, cyan, magenta...

Bokeh lacks for 3D pop feeling like swirly feeling like Pentax/Leica.. more align to Zeiss' (sharp focus or super blur for OOF).

Red is a little pink washed out, blue is pale, white lacks of layers... However, even widest aperture is sharp.. It's overall a very good walk around lens!
Thanks for posting. the reds seem okay for me. Bokeh also seems good, I actually don't like swirly bokeh all that much - okay for some shots, can be distracting.

A nearly empty MTR train - very unusual for Hong Kong! - this was early in the morning: