Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 779 Likes Search this Thread
05-26-2014, 12:08 AM - 3 Likes   #2221

Photos: Albums
Further test on portraits, low light, wide aperture bokeh, sharpness and color... It's a keeper! Sharpness is enough, bokeh is enough, color is neutral to vivid. Not exactly a Zeiss/Leica/Pentax, but have it's unique taste to it. I am loving it! Did I mention the size? YEP! It's identical size with SONY 16-50 pancake.... (With adapter)

05-26-2014, 04:47 PM - 2 Likes   #2222
Veteran Member

I haven't been doing much photography lately, so the morning of 5/24 I set out to try to capture the Camelopardalid meteor shower. I saw only a few meteors, but never captured any in my images. However, the sky was incredibly clear, with the best starscape I've seen in a long time, and the Milky Way band was clearly visible to the naked eye. I grabbed a couple of pics using the 5R and Minolta 24-35. Antares and Scorpius are just over the larger foreground tree in the second photo. These are single exposures, with minimum PP to bring up the contrast a bit.

Tony

05-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #2223
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Seahorse 35mm ISO100 1/13 exposure handheld:
05-30-2014, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #2224
Veteran Member

So i'm selling a NEX3F3 and 4 lenses on a local forum but no takers, guess they're waiting for the price to be "free"

anyhow i've only used the camera twice for video and with the E 18-55 and 16 2.8, never used this 30 macro or the 50 1.8 till today as i was doing some sample shots which i'm posting here vs on the sale forum....as i think hell if it doesn't sell i know i have reasonable Sony equipment that i can use

These are just from the 30 macro...i am pleased i did some GIMP to the headshot but SOCC it was fine.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
NEX-F3  Photo 
05-30-2014, 04:32 PM   #2225
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
So i'm selling a NEX3F3 and 4 lenses on a local forum but no takers, guess they're waiting for the price to be "free"

anyhow i've only used the camera twice for video and with the E 18-55 and 16 2.8, never used this 30 macro or the 50 1.8 till today as i was doing some sample shots which i'm posting here vs on the sale forum....as i think hell if it doesn't sell i know i have reasonable Sony equipment that i can use

These are just from the 30 macro...i am pleased i did some GIMP to the headshot but SOCC it was fine.
I guess you have to keep it now. The 50 is a good lens and the 16, with the wide angle adapter, is a lot of fun. Nice flower shot, by the way.
06-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #2226
Veteran Member

Thank you ...Yes, i am and paying for just shooting this in the backyard...got eaten alive by whatever flying bloodsuckers that were out there, NEX 3 F3 / 30 macro 3.5

RAW edited in Raw Therapee finished in GIMP

Last edited by Clicker; 06-09-2014 at 05:24 PM.
06-09-2014, 06:03 PM - 2 Likes   #2227
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Thank you ...Yes, i am and paying for just shooting this in the backyard...got eaten alive by whatever flying bloodsuckers that were out there, NEX 3 F3 / 30 macro 3.5

RAW edited in Raw Therapee finished in GIMP
Dandelions sure are photogenic, even though I hate them with a passion reserved for monsters such as Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot and Dick Cheney. Green bokeh is always nice.

06-14-2014, 09:28 AM - 2 Likes   #2228
Veteran Member

I keep being lazy
The technical execution is a big mistake though of the first pic: I didn't care about focusing distance and it turned to be about a meter or close, so it is noticeable at the preview edges are somewhere soft, they would be much better if I did everything right. Not this time, unfortunately, weather conditions were close to excellent.

This is too wide, I know.

Last edited by Emacs; 06-14-2014 at 10:04 AM.
06-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #2229
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
I keep being lazy
The technical execution is a big mistake though of the first pic: I didn't care about focusing distance and it turned to be about a meter or close, so it is noticeable at the preview edges are somewhere soft, they would be much better if I did everything right. Not this time, unfortunately, weather conditions were close to excellent.

This is too wide, I know.
Maybe a little wide for all the time, but I'll allow it this time. Quite an interesting image.

---------- Post added 06-14-14 at 09:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote

NEX-6 with M35/2 and Lens Turbo v1
This is the inside of Union Station in Kansas City.
Nice, I might like it better if you pulled the shadows just a touch, but maybe not.
06-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #2230
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Nice, I might like it better if you pulled the shadows just a touch, but maybe not.
ISO1600, not sure if he could pull anything useful.
06-16-2014, 07:41 AM - 6 Likes   #2231
Veteran Member

Good jobs folks, you're really kicking it with the recent pics.

Found this dragonfly on the rose bush by the front door the other day and managed to shoot him before he buzzed off. 5N/Tamron 28-75/2.8 @ f/8 from about 2 feet or so.

First shot is full frame, the rest are rather heavily cropped.

For a long time I was trying to sell my Tamron 28-75/2.8 and could get nobody to bite. This was shot (as they all were) in RAW, cropped, resized for the web and no sharpening was applied. The lens continues to amaze me.
06-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #2232
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bimjo Quote
Good jobs folks, you're really kicking it with the recent pics.

Found this dragonfly on the rose bush by the front door the other day and managed to shoot him before he buzzed off. 5N/Tamron 28-75/2.8 @ f/8 from about 2 feet or so.

First shot is full frame, the rest are rather heavily cropped.

For a long time I was trying to sell my Tamron 28-75/2.8 and could get nobody to bite. This was shot (as they all were) in RAW, cropped, resized for the web and no sharpening was applied. The lens continues to amaze me.
Wow - thats amazing detail. Was focus by peaking or magnify?
06-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #2233
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bimjo Quote

For a long time I was trying to sell my Tamron 28-75/2.8 and could get nobody to bite.
I think we've told you time and again that you're not allowed to sell it.
06-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #2234
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Wow - thats amazing detail. Was focus by peaking or magnify?
Both actually. Peaking to get it really close and then fine tune with magnification.

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I think we've told you time and again that you're not allowed to sell it.
Oh yeah, I gave that up a long time ago.
06-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #2235
Veteran Member

My new Minolta MD Tele Rokkor-X 135/3.5 arrived today. What a nice little lens! Mint condition, and even lighter than I expected. I was hoping to get some pics of something other than flowers, but it is getting ready to storm, and I'm lucky to have had the light I had. This lens has the same rich colors and contrast as my other two Minolta primes, a 28/2.8 and a 50/1.7. I did not boost the colors or saturation of these photos. I look at these photos and wonder why I ever bought any lens other than a Minolta. Of course, you can't use a Minolta on a Pentax.