Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Olympus debuts PEN E-PM1 with lots of free cams

Olympus debuts PEN E-PM1 with lots of free cams | Crave - CNET

QuoteQuote:
Olympus is rolling out its new PEN E-PM1 camera by asking random consumers to demonstrate how easy the latest PEN Ready camera is to use.

The PEN Ready Project looks to give more than 1,000 free PEN Ready E-PM1 cams to random people around North America. Those fortunate folks in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Toronto, Miami, and Lehigh Valley, Penn., (Olympus' hometown) can go anywhere they like and take any pictures or HD videos they like ...

The camera drops are already under way. On September 16, Olympus partnered with JetBlue to gift the PEN E-PM1 to passengers on a flight from New York's JFK International Airport bound for Florida. Meanwhile, 100 selected Tumblr bloggers covering a range of topics will receive the PEN E-PM1 to take part in the project.
Do you want one? Did you get one? If not, do you feel left out? Will you suffer from cam-rage? Do you eagerly await a cam.drop?

09-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Quite honestly, I couldn't care less - I'm sick of digital. Gone back to film. Wake me when it's all over.
09-28-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You mean you do not depend on a rooster or a sundial? =)

Jason
09-28-2011, 04:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In various Central American towns, sunrise is announced by church bells, sky rockets and fire crackers (hopefully), and vending trucks with blaring speakers and other noisemakers. Ah yes, that place in Chiapas where 6am meant the start of residential water-tank delivery trucks criss-crossing the dense city's cobbled streets dragging heavy chains and blasting RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD to let dry citizens flag them down for a refill. That was a treat. And the local guy setting off the explosives every morning. Roosters? Sundials? Ha.

Oh yeah, film is still big there too.

09-29-2011, 05:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
In various Central American towns, sunrise is announced by church bells, sky rockets and fire crackers (hopefully), and vending trucks with blaring speakers and other noisemakers. Ah yes, that place in Chiapas where 6am meant the start of residential water-tank delivery trucks criss-crossing the dense city's cobbled streets dragging heavy chains and blasting RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD to let dry citizens flag them down for a refill. That was a treat. And the local guy setting off the explosives every morning. Roosters? Sundials? Ha.

Oh yeah, film is still big there too.
Sounds like India. Just replace "RAINDROPS" with a three-day Indian wedding...You been there, Rio?
09-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
Sounds like India. Just replace "RAINDROPS" with a three-day Indian wedding...You been there, Rio?
Not yet. Kerala is on my wish-list.
09-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #7

I have no interest in one at the moment, but it's a good advertising gimmick - make for some happy consumers getting some freebies, that they're likely to buy some accessories for and maybe more Oly cameras in the future, publicity, etc.
Maybe once Pentax gets real service centers in N America, they might try some advertising as well?

(Someone posted something recently about visiting Chandler, AZ Pentax for dust, with a response of them saying it has to go to Japan..making me wonder if CRIS actually does any repairs in house, anyone? )