Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
(Also, there is no denying that they are attractively designed, which tends to draw mockery from the anti-Apple crowd. But if I have to have a computer, why can it not be good looking as well as functional?)
I think it's a shame you put this as an afterthought In my view this is one of the most important reasons to get an Apple computer, especially if you have eyes. We're talking about a device that many of us (me, anyway) spend 10-14 hours a day sitting in front of. So yes, if I am going to look at something all day, and use it all day, I want it to be pleasing to look at and pleasing to use. And I'm willing to pay for that.

When I read posts by people who spend their time bitching about about how PCs do the same thing but are cheaper I think to myself "this post must be by a guy who is so fixated on purchase cost that he watches a Goodmans TV, listens to a Thompson hifi, drives a Yugo, has a kitchen full of Beko appliances, and lives in a house made of breeze blocks and a corrugated iron roof."

10-11-2011, 06:31 AM   #32
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thoughton Quote
I think it's a shame you put this as an afterthought In my view this is one of the most important reasons to get an Apple computer, especially if you have eyes. We're talking about a device that many of us (me, anyway) spend 10-14 hours a day sitting in front of. So yes, if I am going to look at something all day, and use it all day, I want it to be pleasing to look at and pleasing to use. And I'm willing to pay for that.

When I read posts by people who spend their time bitching about about how PCs do the same thing but are cheaper I think to myself "this post must be by a guy who is so fixated on purchase cost that he watches a Goodmans TV, listens to a Thompson hifi, drives a Yugo, has a kitchen full of Beko appliances, and lives in a house made of breeze blocks and a corrugated iron roof."
I have been building my own PCs for over twenty years and in March 2009 I purchased my first new desktop computer ( MacMini w/2.26Ghz Core 2 ,Nvidia 9400m) from Apple to use in my living room on a large HDTV using the little white Mac remote with Front Row that would have been hard to build with the features I wanted. Last year I purchased the new 64GB iPod Touch that has many HD movies on it and I use for many other things like scanning barcodes to see who has the best price and as a remote for my Apple TV 2 to view my home videos etc. I just ordered my first Apple laptop (13.3" MacBook Air w/Core i7, 256GB SSD ) that is also not found in the PC world with the features I wanted like back-lit keyboard FaceTime etc.
I tried the new Windows 8 developer preview OS on my 6-core PC and it is the worst OS I have seen from Microsoft since Windows ME but I am sure it will be better by the time the RC version in 2012 is out but from what I have seen OS X Lion is much better IMHO. I remember back in 1996 when I installed Windows Workstation 4.0 on my homebuilt Pentium PC it ran much better than Windows 95 but I was more impressed with Steve Jobs NeXT operating system back then that is the base of OS X.
10-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #33
Banned

Original Poster
iPhone 4s 1080p videos

10-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #34
Veteran Member

I guess the 4s was aimed at people like me... I picked one up yesterday morning and up to now I love it!

I had a 3gs which I loved, but newer apps coming out need more CPU power and were running a bit slow on it and honestly the camera was simply awful. I did not get a 4 as I had only had my 3gs a year when the 4 came out, plus I generally never buy the first generation of anything.

I have to admit that the quality of the camera on the 4s really surprised me. It's obviously just a phone-cam, but it blows the 3gs cam out of the water!

The cell phone radio/antenna in the 4s is also quite an improvement over the 3gs, I get 1-2 bar reception in areas where my 3gs (and previous blackberry) got nothing. Battery life also blows my 3gs out of the water.

A few quickie pics I took this afternoon with the 4s:

Pat

10-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #35
Veteran Member

I got mine as well a couple days ago, to replace a ageing and slow 3G. A nifty device. I've been talking to it ever since, feels like being on the Enterprise Nice camera too. At web sizes especially that 3rd photo of yours could have been from almost any (real) camera.
10-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #36
Banned

Original Poster
BigLens - iPhone Photography App