Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just came across this:

QuoteQuote:
The body and lenses appear to be large enough to be full frame. One of the lenses appears to be f/1.4 with manual aperture ring.
but it's not full-frame...
QuoteQuote:
More details: the new camera will be called Fuji LX and will have APS-C sensor. It will be announced with three lenses: one pancake 18mm f/2, the second will be 35mm f/1.4 and the third lens will be a zoom. A fourth 60mm lens is a possibility.
Fuji LX mirrorless camera leaked | Photo Rumors

It indeed looks like an X100 with interchangeable lenses and I'm very interested

11-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #17
Veteran Member

For me, and for me only, I am not interested in buying into a whole new system. If it does have interchangeable lenses, its just an excuse to buy more lenses. I can already do that with my K-5.
Thats why i prefer a real high performing NON-interchangeable lens camera, like the X100, minus the bugs and plus weathersealing.

I guess what I am saying is that I dont have control of my LBA...i just hope to contain it, lol
11-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
For me, and for me only, I am not interested in buying into a whole new system. If it does have interchangeable lenses, its just an excuse to buy more lenses. I can already do that with my K-5.
You cannot use rangefinder lenses on the K-5. That is one thing that intrigues me about mirrorless cameras - the ability to use lenses built with shorter registration distances.
11-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
You cannot use rangefinder lenses on the K-5. That is one thing that intrigues me about mirrorless cameras - the ability to use lenses built with shorter registration distances.

Oh, i agree with you...my bank account doesnt though

11-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Fuji’s Upcoming Mirrorless Camera May Pack a Revolutionary Organic Sensor

Interesting, but what is the price going to be?
11-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Agreed. The other intriguing thing about most mirrorless systems is the ability to use adapters to mount other lenses. Look at the m4/3 and NEX systems with the available adapters where you can use Pentax, Canon, Nikon, even Leica lenses with those cameras. Although it's all manual focusing (which I don't mind), it leads to a whole new level of LBA.

Hopefully, the new Fuji can be adapted to use other lenses as well, but I don't know if they could or how that would work in a rangefinder body.
11-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #22
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by einstrigger Quote
The other intriguing thing about most mirrorless systems is the ability to use adapters to mount other lenses.
Yes, one pleasant thing I discovered while looking for accessories for my newly ordered EPL2 was the existence of tilt adapters for K mount lenses. Now I can get tilt capability with any K mount lens. Can't wait to try that one out.

11-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
I guess what I am saying is that I dont have control of my LBA...i just hope to contain it, lol
THAT"S HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! And (as I look shame faced) sounds very familiar.........

I love the X100 but they really need to work out the manual focus problems. It does take great photos though. I'm probably on board with this one if the lenses are the right ones.
11-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
THAT"S
I love the X100 but they really need to work out the manual focus problems.
I don't know what all the fuss is over the manual focus on the X100. You put the camera on manual focus and push a button and it focuses. What's so hard about that? It's a quick way to get the "macro" capability of it.
11-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #25

Get used to it!!!.....

I dont know about you guys, but i have heard some people said they wanted Fuji to come out with the new interchangeable lens camera body?, Why, why, why???, nothing really advantage on interchangeable lens at all, why buy more lenses if you don't really need it?, why change lens in the middle of a serious shooting?, why pay more and carry more, you will waist your time changing lens and get dust in your sensor?, NO. NO. NO. you dont want interchangeable lens my friends. people just cant accept the new technologies, and still thinking and stick with the old school style, all need to grow up and grow out of old tech...I have the new FUJI HS20 point and shoot, with a fixed lens, with super macro at 1cm to a Tele at 720mm @ F5.6, plus a panorama mode at 120, 180, 360 degrees scene, now ! what else do you want in a camera?, that is more than any body ever had in a single camera in the history of photography . So, come on take it and enjoy it, and stop wanting non sense stuff. the HS20 is a lovely camera, i love it to death, but of course its not a perfect camera yet, i would love to see Fuji make the bigger and better sensor so we all can shoot at 56,000 ISO with low noise. that would be a perfect camera. the trick is to shoot at night without using external flash. that's is the future of photography...Of course mirror-less body is nice and light weigh. So Fuiji you can hear me now?, i have faith in Fuji , i always love Fuji colors and detail smoothness. I own 3 Fuji DSLRs and now HS20 and many more i'm sure. Fuji will be on top soon.
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Well... that's certainly one opinion...
11-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
you own 3 dslr but can't see the advantage of Interchangeable lenses!!!!, you can ship all those pesky dslrs and lenses to me I'll dispose of them for you
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #28

Reply...ON Fuji subject.

Yes, this is absolutely 1 opinion by me only...But in the same token if your said anything it will be 1 opinion too, agree?...Yes i do have many DSLRs at home, i am a Pro, cuz i do make money for my photos. i own 16 Digital cameras at home, some of them i dont use any more, and many different brand names too...What im trying to say was Dslr is on its way out...IT soon will be old fashion, it will be replace with all mirrorless rangefinder camera for the size is smaller, and the lenses are also smaller, So, smaller is in, and big and heavy is out, period. Most all Companies are making smaller cameras now as you can see, excepts the big boys Canon and Nikon, they are trying very hard to keep the DSLR style bodies, only because they have so many DSLR lenses out there, and they dont want to lose its market, or selling them...They are stuck with it, but the fact is all will be smaller.
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kool100vr4 Quote
nothing really advantage on interchangeable lens at all, why buy more lenses if you don't really need it?, why change lens in the middle of a serious shooting?, why pay more and carry more, you will waist your time changing lens and get dust in your sensor?, NO. NO. NO. you dont want interchangeable lens my friends
QuoteQuote:
I own 3 Fuji DSLRs
11-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kool100vr4 Quote
Dslr is on its way out...IT soon will be old fashion, it will be replace with all mirrorless rangefinder camera for the size is smaller, and the lenses are also smaller.
...but you don't think Fuji should make a mirrorless rangefinder camera with interchangeable lenses?