Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-20-2011, 04:50 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice fit of the ext flash, looks like it belongs there!

Rupert - I did receive the camera, and no extensive use yet (will get out today), but, is it me, or isolation a subject under normal shooting conditions is very minimal? Even at f2, dof is huge... And fully extended to 112mm f2.8 is not nearly as much subject isolation as I expected either (or used to with dslr)

Regards,
D

11-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #47
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Nice fit of the ext flash, looks like it belongs there!

Rupert - I did receive the camera, and no extensive use yet (will get out today), but, is it me, or isolation a subject under normal shooting conditions is very minimal? Even at f2, dof is huge... And fully extended to 112mm f2.8 is not nearly as much subject isolation as I expected either (or used to with dslr)

Regards,
D
Yes, don't look for that smooth creamy bokeh of the K5 when a Ltd or other fast lens is mounted.....it just isn't there. There is a setting to have the x10 make a blurred background, but I haven't used it yet, and doubt it will be much better than what other similar in-camera bokeh machines create, which is sub-par.

Some can be done fairly well in post processing programs. The x10 is like a lot of small sensor cameras...there are trade offs. Still, once you get out with it and get a little practice, I think you will be more than amazed at what you can do with the excellent IQ and the small size of the camera. It will never replace my K5, but as a supplement, it is superb!

Best Regards!
01-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #48
Banned

Hi Rupert,

Just read your sharing and knew you used your X10 with sunpak PF20XD. I already set the "external flash on" in my X10 but it still not work in my set....... Are you just using synchronize by hotshoe or made the synchronization with sunpak sensor and x10 built-in flash.