Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
Forum Member

Yashica G

hey everone, recently i picked up a yashica G rangefinder camera, i was wondering if anyone has used this before? As im thinking of buying the battery adapter and getting new light seals for it and i want to see if it preforms well.

11-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Moved from "Pentax film SLR discussion".
11-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should join the Rangefinder Forum (RFF) (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/). They have an active group of Yashica users. You might also be interested in the Yashica Guy Web site (www.yashica-guy.com). He has technical and repair details for Yashica rangefinder cameras and is also a good source for battery adapters.

As for performance...I have never heard a complaint about the Electro 35 series except for the "Pad-of-death" shutter release issue and availability of batteries. They have great optics and were very popular cameras through the entirety of their long run.

Steve

P.S. RFF is not responding today. Hope that it is just a matter of a technical glitch.

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-26-2011 at 12:20 PM.
11-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanks, i will definatly join that and ive already visted the yashica guy website its great!