Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
01-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #151
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Last night it was the Possum that got to the food first.......I over sharpened him a little, but I was trying to make him look handsome. Ever tried to make a Possum look handsome?
Regards!

[IMG] [/IMG]

01-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #152
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Last night it was the Possum that got to the food first.......I over sharpened him a little, but I was trying to make him look handsome. Ever tried to make a Possum look handsome?
Regards!

[/IMG]

Ha, that one looks half-way cute. It must be a juvenile. The older ones I've seen are so hideous that you feel no tug on your heart string, shed no tear or feel any remorse when you see Possum road kill. Speaking for myself, of course.
01-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #153
Veteran Member

Tuco...You pretty much nailed it....they are just plain ugly. The young are not too bad....this little guy used to come visit me in my workshop...kind of cute!
Regards!

[IMG] [/IMG]
01-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #154
Veteran Member

How about one of my grandson at lunch yesterday...he looks better than a Possum...but don't let that fool you!

01-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #155
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just got my X10 to join the party. Many thanks to Stanleyk for the incite! The camera is as advertised- a real blast to use.
01-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #156
MSM
Veteran Member

@Rupert: I understand now all the posts regarding the special bond with your X10. In fact, mine came to work today and now I really need to tuck it into bed. I just hope the Egyptian Cotton sheets will do.

Also anyone with advise on generic batteries and hoods, cases and straps?
01-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
@Rupert: I understand now all the posts regarding the special bond with your X10. In fact, mine came to work today and now I really need to tuck it into bed. I just hope the Egyptian Cotton sheets will do.

Oh yes, it is highly addictive....I wasn't kidding! Just don't make your wife or girlfriend sleep on the couch so the x10 can be on the pillow next to you....I learned the hard way.

I have a Pearstone generic battery....but I think all of them are about the same, and all dirt cheap. I have the Fuji leather case and love it. I don't use a strap (just the case strap) .......but the Fuji strap looks fine to me. Get the hood so you can put a 52mm filter on it....the hood looks neat on the x10 too!

Have fun! That's easy to do with the x10. One thing that has surprised me is the IQ of the Digital Zoom. Normally those are worthless, but not on the x10, it gives very decent results.

Regards!

01-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #158
Veteran Member

Did you guys abandon me?
[IMG] [/IMG]
01-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #159
Veteran Member

My dad

He's getting older and mindless, here he is in his corner of the sofa with his voodoo corner in the background having a moment. He has the flu here :ugh:

01-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #160
Veteran Member

Clicker, that is a fine shot.......not sure I follow your commentary, but it is intriguing.....more info?

Love the x10 for quick snaps....the 2/1 flash/no flash setting is very handy too. You get to choose which one suits you best.

No flash
[IMG] [/IMG]

Flash
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
01-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #161
Veteran Member

Thanks Rupert, i try catching moments and happen to get a series with my dad. He's entering his 90s and alzeihmer is creeping in, he also shrank in height and weight. Oh and the voodoo thing, my dad is a packrat, anything shiny on the ground he picks up and it ends up in that corner in one of the many plastic containers he digs out of the recycle box, he makes key fobs and other things out of them that his grand kids liked when they were little, he also collects lotto tickets from the lotto booth trash hoping to find the big one lol, sadly it all goes to the recycle bin when he's not looking, these days he doesn't seem to notice it as much or just doesn't protest as much.
It's somewhat funny but my bro-in-law and oldere nephew have similar traits

Last edited by Clicker; 01-10-2012 at 06:16 PM.
01-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #162
Veteran Member

Clicker, it is admirable that you are there for him and honor him even though he is not the same as he was so many years ago. I visit some of my older friends here that are in nursing homes, and it is so sad to see the many that are dumped off by their family and totally forgotten.

Maybe it is just a supposition, but I have always felt that many other cultures honor their elderly....which is sure not the case in America. Getting old in America has become almost criminal, sadly. My Mom is 85, and I intend to see that all her wishes are respected and that she is treated with the utmost of respect and care as long as I am alive.....and that she continues to make me those superb Cherry Pies!

Best Regards!
01-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #163
Veteran Member

Clicker, sorry to hear about your father's condition. My grandfather went through the same thing. Here is an amazing photo essay put together by a photographer whose father had Alzheimer's. Phillip Toledano - Days with My Father
01-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #164
Veteran Member

Pretty powerful photos Ryan.....I've seen it in people I know, fortunately never in my own family. It is heartbreaking and worse than death, where you can heal in time, but this can go on and on for years.
Although my own family has lived very long lives and never suffered any real dementia...or heart attacks....or much of anything really.....as I get older, I recognize that I am not nearly as sharp minded as I was say 30 years ago....none of us are as we age, but only a few are willing to recognize it. It's OK, a and nothing like the suffering of true dementia, but it does give you a small taste of what can be lost..... and that is very scary.
Regards
01-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #165
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote

I got the 40 to 43mm step up ring from Heavystar on Ebay. It fits perfect. Then attached a 43mm B+W filter. It doesn't even change the size.