Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2012, 02:34 AM   #2191
Veteran Member

Ecaterin, sounds like a nice camera! Hope you'll get a good price. Cameras are pretty low on my priority list just now.

11-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #2192
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ecaterin, sorry, but you can't sell your X100 without a majority approval of the posters on this thread.....
11-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #2193
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm pretty sure that if we form a majority vote, Adam will ban you for one year if you sell your X100. Even one word from Otis might be enough to do it?
Unless you can come up with a very good reason to sell, and deprive us of the fine shots you post here from the X100, you had better reconsider. Fuji X-E1 or X-Pro would be an allowable replacement.

I just discovered Friday that my little X10 shoots X-Rated! I didn't know it had the courage to go to the Dark Side!

Cameltoe- X10
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
11-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #2194
Veteran Member

Haven't been to the reservoir in a few days, so to day was the day! The place was loaded with ducks! I cropped an X10 shot to get a better view! In the other shots you can see them leaving Dodge after they discovered I had arrived.

Last edited by WillH; 01-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.
11-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #2195
Veteran Member

If the Cameltoe was disappointing to you...here is the rest of the item......shot with the K5.
[IMG] [/IMG]

I'm happy with the K5 but am anxious to see reviews of that X-E1....I think I might really love one with a nice zoom and a prime or two.

Regards!

Nice little duckie shots Will.....you're lucky to have any water left after the long hot summer. It's drying up again around here.
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #2196
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Cameltoe- X10

Regards!
I like a gal who's not afraid to show a little camel toe.
11-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #2197
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm happy with the K5 but am anxious to see reviews of that X-E1....I think I might really love one with a nice zoom and a prime or two.
It has the same sensor setup as the XP1. You've seen XP1 results so don't expect anything different there.

The modeling lamps on my AlienBee 400/800s have an option of a proportional model lamp output. That is, their brightness is relative to the power of that strobe setting (eg 1/4, 1/2, etc power). With the XP1 and the 60mm, focus was difficult under that setting. I had to have the modeling lights on full. Not too big of a deal really.

11-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #2198
Veteran Member

Yeah, a little won't hurt you! Pretty fancy nails too...she just graduated from Beauticians School last week and I hear she is very talented with nails and makeup.

My youngest son and his wife came up to visit this weekend and took us out to dinner for my birthday. I chose this little Pizza Place because it is close and excellent....my son is an Aggie, and we wanted to get home and watch the game with Alabama........and what a game it was! He was high in the clouds when it was over...me too...I sent a ton of cash to Texas A&M when he was there almost 25 years ago.....wow, how time flies!

The little X10 is so handy for out and about, easy to carry, easy to use!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Naturally, we ended up over at my little studio last night for a few shots with the K5...
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
11-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #2199
KGH

Photos: Gallery
Happy Birthday Rupert. As a Tide fan, I have to say I was hard to live with for a few hours after the game, but hey, it's just a diversion, right?
11-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #2200
Veteran Member

WillH - Thx
GDRoth - ....CLEARLY I FAILED TO READ THE FINE PRINT!
Rupert - ROFLMAO!!! Man, you guys, I'm feelin' the love! Okay, that camel toe is hilarious - girl has a great sense of humor

Alas, my itchy feet respect no fine print. If Otis (or Adam!) carried out their threat, where would I post my photos and chat with the awesome PF crowd, I ask you? Cause I'm selling my X100 to snag a K-01 and a couple of lenses that'll let me keep shooting Seattle From the Street (the DA10-17 will really do those shots proud, don'tcha think?) and some other projects I've had lurking in my brain. Itchy feet - I've owned & sold A LOT OF GEAR in the past few years. I just love experimenting with new stuff.

I reeeally wish I was making any $ at all from photography, cause having to sell my gear in order to teach myself stuff on new gear makes me cry. Seriously - I cried when my K-5 and FA43 went out the door! Just now I was photographing my X100 and all its goodies and sniffling all the while. We gotta move to a part of the country where there isn't a semi-pro photographer on every block so's I can make some modest cash shooting portraits and weddings and such!

At any rate, here's the For Sale thread with one million photos. I'm gonna go drown my sorrows in some hot tea, now

11-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #2201

man, these are some nice photo
11-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #2202
Veteran Member

Ec....The K-01 seems a strange choice, but then again, in Seattle you don't need an OVF...since the sun is a rare event! I'll be interested to see what you can do with it, and hope it brings you great satisfaction. It has a great sensor, and in low light it shines!

I'm lusting for the X-E1 but I am not sure why, maybe I just want to experiment with something new, like you. What I really need is to concentrate on my skills.....they are my weakest link, not my cameras. I just get in too big a hurry, get excited, and forget to use the skills I have.

KGH- I am a Tide fan myself, but not for this game! I sent too much cash to Texas A&M to cheer for any opponent when they are playing....and my son would have jumped me, and then I would have to whip him in front of his new wife.

K5 I came close to over exposure here.....I was hypnotized by the little pig they claim is a dog.Ever heard one of these....they snort just like a pig too!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Reds...they give me fits......how are the reds with the X-Pro? Tuco...anyone?
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
11-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #2203
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The X100 is still imo a great do it all tool even with it's fixed lense.

11-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #2204
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Nice shot. I stow my X100 in my car so I most always have a camera with me just in case.
11-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #2205
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
[/URL]
Nice! Could almost hear the "pook" of the paddle hitting the Ping-Pong ball! Geat clarity and colors.....as usual with Fuji X100!

Is that big guy picking on that little kid!!!