Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
03-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #2701
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
X20 Silver should be here Mon or Tues.......Yes, I'm excited!

X10+ DXO - Ava
[IMG] [/IMG]

I'm going to shoot a whole set in my little studio with the X20 next Thursday, we'll see how it does!

Regards

03-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #2702
Veteran Member

Where did you order yours Rupert?
03-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #2703
Veteran Member

Around Portland with the Fuji X100 and my Pentax K1000 SE. Good biking, brews, games, friends, and pups......looking forward to getting my film back

03-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #2704
Veteran Member

Nice shooting Abie.....love the "Fuji Look". The food shot looks great, and I'm hungry!

GD-Amazon still showed a couple left as of this morning. I'm hoping to give it a try on Ava next Thursday if the timing works out.
I'm positive it will make me a better shooter! I have some alligator loafers and a matching belt, along with a silk shirt......I'm gonna be a Pro soon!

Regards!

03-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #2705
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice shooting Abie.....love the "Fuji Look". The food shot looks great, and I'm hungry!
Thanks! Polish dude has a cart down near the waterfront on weekends...hard to beat kielbasa and pierogi
03-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #2706
Veteran Member

Oh no.............I'm still waiting for the silver X20 to ship and I read a review of the new X100S.............now I'm wondering if I should switch to the 100S....HELP

http://strobist.blog...film-x100s.html
03-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #2707
Veteran Member

Everyone is different GD, but a zoom is a most handy thing. Smaller is also handy. For my personal needs, there is nothing the X100s can do that the X20 can't, and plenty it can do the X100s can't.
I see great shots here with the X10/20 and X100/X-Pro, so it's mostly what you think you need, what you print, if you print, and what you will use and use often and with enthusiasm.

I printed this one 8x10 and it was gorgeous( Epson Matte) .......I suspect the X20 can do even better, and that's all I need!
[IMG] [/IMG]

I love my K5, but the X10 has been my "go to" camera for the last year and a half. Like I said, we're all different, but I am very excited about the X20.....silver and black, just what I wanted too!

Regards!

03-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #2708
Veteran Member

I know you are right, Rupert.
With my X100, I never felt constrained with the fixed lens...........and now with 16MP and all the improvements, the pull of the 100S is getting strong.
03-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #2709
Veteran Member

Only you can answer to your desires.......I would buy the X100S too, but I'd seldom use it because the X10/20 is the camera that would always be with me. Either way, you would have a hard time making a bad choice.
Regards!
03-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #2710
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
Oh no.............I'm still waiting for the silver X20 to ship and I read a review of the new X100S.............now I'm wondering if I should switch to the 100S....HELP

http://strobist.blog...film-x100s.html

I saw this review: Hands-on previews: Fuji X100S and X20 tout blazing autofocus speed, higher resolution and innovations galore - Imaging Resource
and thought about you guys: GD and Rupert!

What great cameras those seem to be.

JP
03-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #2711
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Everyone is different GD, but a zoom is a most handy thing. Smaller is also handy. For my personal needs, there is nothing the X100s can do that the X20 can't, and plenty it can do the X100s can't.
I see great shots here with the X10/20 and X100/X-Pro, so it's mostly what you think you need, what you print, if you print, and what you will use and use often and with enthusiasm.

I printed this one 8x10 and it was gorgeous( Epson Matte) .......I suspect the X20 can do even better, and that's all I need!
[/url] [/IMG]

I love my K5, but the X10 has been my "go to" camera for the last year and a half. Like I said, we're all different, but I am very excited about the X20.....silver and black, just what I wanted too!

Regards!
That is a very good "portrait" shot, Rupert.
The "pro-look", or "studio look" if you prefer.

Cheers!

JP
03-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #2712
Veteran Member

I envy Rupert's studio. He's doing a lot of the lighting related things I can't do and won't be able to learn anytime soon.

And yes, either one will be a solid choice...............I'm going to sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in JP..........I guess the question of 2nd cameras never ends..............

Dave
03-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #2713
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
I envy Rupert's studio. He's doing a lot of the lighting related things I can't do and won't be able to learn anytime soon.

And yes, either one will be a solid choice...............I'm going to sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in JP..........I guess the question of 2nd cameras never ends..............

Dave
Hey Dave!

I couldn't resist coming back here for more temptation, however I have been using a "little Q" for a while and find that it is quite handy to carry around (shirt pocket does the trick).
It doesn't have this "Fuji look" though, that's for sure.

Yeah, Rupert has this "thing" about lighting which really brings the superlatives out of this small camera.
And the question of a second camera keeps coming around: never quite satisfied with what I have ... a total lack of discernment from my part.

And, I got myself in deeper LBA trouble with my recent purchase of a Sigma 150-500 ... and we'll leave that out of the discussion for now.

JP
03-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #2714
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Hey Dave!

I couldn't resist coming back here for more temptation, however I have been using a "little Q" for a while and find that it is quite handy to carry around (shirt pocket does the trick).
It doesn't have this "Fuji look" though, that's for sure.

Yeah, Rupert has this "thing" about lighting which really brings the superlatives out of this small camera.
And the question of a second camera keeps coming around: never quite satisfied with what I have ... a total lack of discernment from my part.

And, I got myself in deeper LBA trouble with my recent purchase of a Sigma 150-500 ... and we'll leave that out of the discussion for now.

JP
Don't feel bad JP - my first "small" camera was the x10 which was great - then had to try the x100, then had to try the Q which is my current - now thinking very hard about the x20......it never ends!!!
03-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #2715
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As much as I would love to have a studio space, in this land of rabbit hutch housing that just ain't going to happen. Just remember that these days it is incredibly easy and affordable to put together compact and easily portable lighting kits whose versatility is limited more by our imaginations than anything else....especially if you have a leaf shutter.

The first shot I took with my "new" (two decades old) Sunpak 433 the other day was so easy I just stood there and laughed for a while.

One of my most satisfying moments was at the annual exhibit of my photo club a few years ago when I had put up about nine shots from a dance performance and heard from people, "It's amazing you were able to take those without using flash!" and being able to reply, "I used flash on every single one of them".