Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #2821
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice dog!
Here's a shot I'll keep working on, great location, just need to be prepared and get the right moment.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
04-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #2822
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Nice dog!
Here's a shot I'll keep working on, great location, just need to be prepared and get the right moment.
Sort of brings up the "chicken or the egg" problem, doesn't it?
04-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #2823
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess it does. Been thinking about this one a while. I'm learning, and this thread and camera have helped a lot. I'm keeping the X-10 with me all the time now.
David
04-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #2824
Veteran Member

Went for a little walk yesterday:

20130405 - 001 Twisted Bridge

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Went for a hike on the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge near Coyote Wall. Views were awesome....the burger after the hike, maybe better Held up traffic a bit to get some shots of my buddy on his bike. All with the X100
Lovely shots, especially the last 2.

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Good news for Fuji raw shooters -

Lightroom v4.4 (released today) is supposed to have improved the processing of X-Trans and EXR raw files.
I've been using the 4.4RC but didn't realise the final build was released. Thanks, downloading now.

04-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #2825
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You guys are posting some good stuff!......I hope you will post more of it! We have plenty of room, and its disappointing to come over and not find anything new for a while.

I went out with the X20 this afternoon and shot a few in the blistering light. Somehow, I underexposed??? and was not happy with my results, so I went back home and reviewed my settings ...and read the manual!

Went back to the same spot this evening and was much happier with my results! I love the Film Bracketing mode! One click, three separate shots all recorded on three separate files!

Provia
[IMG] [/IMG]

Velvia
[IMG] [/IMG]

Sepia
[IMG] [/IMG]

This one I did from a Raw file using Spix.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Just had to shoot a couple of cows too!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Loving the X20! I think it may take me a little time to get the hang of it though, it is different than the X10, but Iam very pleased so far.

BTW-I've used Spix a long time, and if you want to work on a Jpeg that needs a little help, Spix will do it better than any other processor I have used. Just drag & drop the Jpeg into Spix and work away! Beats Photoshop by a mile for Jpeg files that need help with exposure. Up or down, it will beat anything else on Jpeg correction.

One more...a shot with the K5 & DA* 50-135. I can't see that it is any better than my X20 shots, but of course, I am strongly biased toward the Fuji!
[IMG] [/IMG]

I don't think I will ever get anymore at this place. After the Spring storms come, it will be history.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
04-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #2826
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert that raw file looks the best. I prefer to take the shot and then dial it down if need be. In bright sun though, I can see that bracketing might be the best way to go.

Here's one from one of my campuses, City College, quick shot on the way to a meeting, basically cropped. I could probably straighten the parallax in LR. These are some of the original old campus buildings.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
04-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #2827
Veteran Member

Jac....Just for you! Here he is, in the Raw even though shot in Jpeg. Just process him into a thousand Chicken Fried Steaks and send him back to us! I'll make the gravy!
[IMG] [/IMG]

That's a nice shot you posted, no matter that it is from a tiny camera. These little jewels are awesome, aren't they!

Regards!

04-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #2828
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My turn to post a dinner plate. After watching those cook shows I had to give a try making my own Beef Wellington with a red wine reduction sauce, mash and broccoli. Desert is blackberry/raspberry pie. Yum, it tasted good. But I like it more rare so next time I need to cut back on the baking time.

XP1, 18-55mm

04-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #2829

Cnc machine

A shot of cnc milling machine at work with my fujifilm x10.
Attached Images

04-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #2830
Veteran Member

Tuco, that looks absolutely delicious! I need to get back to posting some of my evening meal shots. I mostly posted them for Will....I miss him. He was a crusty old guy, and our politics were worlds apart, but I sure did enjoy him.

How long to make the pie?

Regards!
04-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #2831
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Tuco, that looks absolutely delicious! I need to get back to posting some of my evening meal shots. I mostly posted them for Will....I miss him. He was a crusty old guy, and our politics were worlds apart, but I sure did enjoy him.

How long to make the pie?

Regards!
Thanks. About 35min. Just until the the crust is brown. Here is a video showing how to make that Beef Wellington. I just followed his directions. But mine came out more medium-rare than his.

04-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #2832
Veteran Member

Looks good, thanks for the recipe. I couldn't let you get one up on me, so I threw this together for lunch today.

BBQ ribs- cream potatoes with cheddar -avocado/spinach salad-the usual fruit salad-blueberries-raspberries-bananas-strawberries-almonds and a whipped topping.....with a cherry. Mrs Rupert covers her fruit salad with chocolate.....she's a chokoholic!

[IMG] [/IMG]

It's full blown Spring in the Woods of Otis!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
04-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #2833
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
My turn to post a dinner plate. After watching those cook shows I had to give a try making my own Beef Wellington with a red wine reduction sauce, mash and broccoli. Desert is blackberry/raspberry pie. Yum, it tasted good. But I like it more rare so next time I need to cut back on the baking time.

XP1, 18-55mm
I know where to go next time I hit Seattle...forget Cafe Purple or Metropolitan Grille...I am going to Casa Tuco

So are you liking the 18-55? I have read that it is the best 18-55mm in terms of IQ and build quality out there.
04-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #2834
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
I know where to go next time I hit Seattle...forget Cafe Purple or Metropolitan Grille...I am going to Casa Tuco

So are you liking the 18-55? I have read that it is the best 18-55mm in terms of IQ and build quality out there.

Yes, I'm liking the lens. I traded-in my 18 and 60mm for it and kept the 35mm prime. I couldn't say if its the best but it is a darn nice kit lens. I didn't start shooting it at the various focal lengths then start peeping to test it out. I'm just using it as normal and find out as I go. And so far I've only noticed it soft wide open at 18mm. At 55mm wide open it is f4 and looks pretty good so far. So the variable f-stop is not ideal but I can live with that for the role this lens will play.
04-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #2835
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good to hear about the other Xs...
Here's another GCT, and then I'm off to other subjects.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo