Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #2866
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
She also got her first sunset with the X10! She was excited!
Those are some tough looking ladies...wouldn't want to mix it up with them

Excellent sunset photo, love those rays of light.

04-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #2867
Pentaxian

Original Poster
No knuckle spikes on their gloves and knee pads. I guess they were taking it easy that day.
04-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #2868
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm sure Mrs Rupert will thank you for the kind comments. She is pretty excited to get the X10 for her personal use, and I do think she has an eye for composition. We'll see if she can get some nice Longhorns soon. She may can get closer than me....she is absolutely fearless, must be the 1/4 Cherokee in her?

Regards!

BTW- I shot at the roller derby with the K5 and DA*50-135, and got decent results at ISO 6400, but if I had it to do over I think I would use the X20. We are going to another one on May 4th, and I'm going to try it. The X20 focuses much faster and more accurate than the X10, and Mrs Rupert did very nicely with the X10...so we'll see what happens?

More here from the K5 & X10 if you get bored and want to take a peek. Flickr: Rupert2009's Photostream

Tuco---Here is the search before the start, they took away all their guns, knives and two wrecking bars!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Last edited by Rupert; 04-15-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: add photo
04-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #2869
Veteran Member

Kinda slow over here....you guys must be wanting either some cows, chicken fried steaks, or some squirrel?

Well, here is a shot of Otis. He won't pose for me anymore since we are at war, so I decided to try and sneak a shot using the X20's 12 fps mode. He tried to run, but I got him anyhow! Works neat! If you have some speed most every shot will be good.

Run Otis, at 12fps I will catch you ! X20
[IMG] [/IMG]

Crop....I only downsized these, they came out of the X20 pretty nice without any extra work. X20
[IMG] [/IMG]

I'm not selling my Bigma, but these are not bad for a Toy Camera!

Regards!

04-17-2013, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #2870
Veteran Member

Photos from last weekend out in Hood River OR with the X100.....girlfriend fired off a few too. Fruit trees are starting to bloom which made for a nice drive.....add in some tasty IPA's and a capicola and pepper pizza....hard to beat. Weird day in terms of weather, clouds were moving really fast. Clouds......rain.....sun.....repeat

04-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #2871
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Photos from last weekend out in Hood River OR with the X100.....girlfriend fired off a few too. Fruit trees are starting to bloom which made for a nice drive.....add in some tasty IPA's and a capicola and pepper pizza....hard to beat. Weird day in terms of weather, clouds were moving really fast. Clouds......rain.....sun.....repeat
Great set! I like that you included yourself and girlfriend in the photos of your day trip - makes it much more personal and enjoyable to view. And that pizza.....man does that look good!
04-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #2872
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Great set! I like that you included yourself and girlfriend in the photos of your day trip - makes it much more personal and enjoyable to view. And that pizza.....man does that look good!
Thanks! Usually I am behind the camera so I don't appear in the images. Last week I had a few cameras with me so Sarah took hold of the X100 for a bit. She has a really good eye for photos/composition, but just needs to work on the execution a bit I was thinking of having her work with the X100 on full manual mode, no image review. Kinda like learning on film where you have to be a bit more deliberate....but without the cost of film processing.

That capicola pizza was out of this world, kinda like a mix between pepperoni and bacon. Double Mountain is a brewery out in Hood River, great brick oven pies.

04-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #2873
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hey, man, you can't show that pizza without sharing a piece.
04-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #2874
Veteran Member

Ok, so it wasn't a squirrel you guys wanted? Maybe it was a cow again? Pulled off the road this afternoon to get this one, again using the 12fps on the X20.
[IMG] S0068637-800 by url=http://www.flickr.com/people/35763648@N05/]Rupert2009[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]

Somewhere here a while back there was talk of "cheese curds"? We have a large cheese plant near here, and today I got a chance to try some, never had them before. They are alright, nothing spectacular, just some curds of cheese. If you want unusual or different, I suggest some Chicken Fried Mountain Oysters, delicious!

Regards!
04-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #2875
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Hey, man, you can't show that pizza without sharing a piece.
Ha! My girlfriend is lucky I shared with her

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Somewhere here a while back there was talk of "cheese curds"? We have a large cheese plant near here, and today I got a chance to try some, never had them before. They are alright, nothing spectacular, just some curds of cheese. If you want unusual or different, I suggest some Chicken Fried Mountain Oysters, delicious!
I got a feeling that Texas cheese curds are about as good as some BBQ is in the upper Mid-west....good, but just not the same. The Ellsworth Creamery is a big producers of some of the best cheese in the country....they got some real tasty curds. Also, deep fried cheese curds are crazy good. Not like most deep fried items with a lot of breading, you have to use a really thin batter that just forms a slight crust.....that added with the saltiness of the cheese, oh man. Nothing better than hot/gooey/salty cheese curds with a cold beer.....makes me miss the MN State Fair

I like oysters, but never had any from the "Rocky Mountain" region....but hey, I'm down to try most things. Next time I see them on the menu I will order a.....sack?
04-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #2876
Veteran Member

I got a feeling that Texas cheese curds are about as good as some BBQ is in the upper Mid-west....good, but just not the same.
Could be, I have no reference for comparison. I do find that fried curd idea very interesting, I'd love to try some!

You don't have to go to Denver for those oysters, they can be found at any rocky place around here, or even a green pasture!
You could get a sack full here...they even come in their own sack!

A Family Portrait by old Rupert!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
04-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #2877
Veteran Member

This is Creve Coeur Lake by my house (Raw capture, processed using DxO and using Fuji Astia film emulator from the film pack plugin):

04-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #2878
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Nice shots!!
04-20-2013, 09:23 PM - 1 Like   #2879
Veteran Member

Some years it's yellow, some red, some blue. This year the roadsides are absolutely thick with millions of these little pinkish Buttercups.
X20
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
04-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #2880
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ddhytz Quote
These photos were on a wall inside Melbourne GPO.
(X100)
Ah, ok. I thought they were photos on display at a bar somewhere; thought I could go and stop for a beer and look at some photos