Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #3736
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Clicker....What are the red mounds? It looks like tailings from a cinnabar mine, like I have seen in the Big Bend area of Texas. Your leaf shot is a beauty! No colors here yet.
Cheltenham Badlands Trail

“Badlands” is a geologic term for an area of soft rock devoid of vegetation and soil cover that has become molded into a rolling landscape of rounded hills and gullies. Such areas are rare in Ontario and this is one of the best examples. They exhibit the reddish hue of the Queenston Shale that forms them; the iron oxide in the shale produces this colour. The narrow greenish bands that can be seen throughout the shale are due to the change of red iron oxide to green iron oxide brought on by the circulating groundwater. The relatively soft shale is essentially clay and is easily eroded by water. This site was acquired by the Ontario Heritage Foundation in 2000 and is under the care of the Bruce Trail Association.

and Thank you, i GIMP EVERYTHING

10-22-2013, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #3737
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Glad to hear you are healing up well, back on your "foot" before you know it! Got some photos for ya

Been busy as of late. Took a trip up to Whidbey Island to visit some family. My Mom's cousin has some 22 acres of beautiful land to hike around and explore. The weather was challenging, as there was a decent amount of fog/overcast, but came back with a few keepers off the X100. Also shot a few with my K5 and Hasselblad, but those are for another thread. Sherwood, who owns the land, is quite a guy. He's in his late 70's, but you can still find him on his CAT, digging up his own septic tank, and planting more and more trees creating a really impressive piece of land. He dug out 3 small lakes, built his home on one, and has made a trail system around his property. He has also brought back a number of saplings from upstate NY over the years, which provides some nice pops of color against the evergreens. Also found some funky looking fungi.

Great series of photos.

I updated my X100 firmware to the latest version today. I can't really comment on whether it's faster and better, but the camera still works great

10-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #3738
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I updated my X100 firmware to the latest version today. I can't really comment on whether it's faster and better, but the camera still works great
Thanks! It's so hard capture accurate colors with those overcast white skies....so I kept them out of the frame as much as I could. Looks like you got some blue sky to enjoy and some fall colors to go with it. Nice photo, I like the sun flare peeking through.

I updated my firmware as well. I took a few shots before/after to see if there was a big change in the focusing distance/speed and to me it is pretty noticeable. I never really griped about the speed, but there were often times when I had to switch to "macro" mode for close up shooting when it didn't seem like it should be necessary. Not sure if I will use the focusing peaking, but im sure I will give it a try.

My X100 still may be my favorite camera to shoot with. So versatile and simply....it doesn't give me very many options to mess around with, which is nice.
10-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #3739
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Glad to hear you are healing up well, back on your "foot" before you know it! Got some photos for ya

Been busy as of late. Took a trip up to Whidbey Island to visit some family. My Mom's cousin has some 22 acres of beautiful land to hike around and explore. The weather was challenging, as there was a decent amount of fog/overcast, but came back with a few keepers off the X100. Also shot a few with my K5 and Hasselblad, but those are for another thread. Sherwood, who owns the land, is quite a guy. He's in his late 70's, but you can still find him on his CAT, digging up his own septic tank, and planting more and more trees creating a really impressive piece of land. He dug out 3 small lakes, built his home on one, and has made a trail system around his property. He has also brought back a number of saplings from upstate NY over the years, which provides some nice pops of color against the evergreens. Also found some funky looking fungi.

Great series, and I love the color against the evergreens.

10-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #3740
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Great series of photos.

Nice, Colton, yellow and red. We're getting color, but in stages, most is still green. I like the deep reds.
10-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #3741

Photos: Albums
Rockabilly rules!! All post processed from RAW.

10-23-2013, 04:35 AM   #3742

man that bigma + k5 combo gets great results. I looked at the X-E2 update. looks like new button layout, better autofocus, probably fixed the minimum shutter speed issue... but if they want my money, i would need an improvement in IQ to get my wallet out. I bought the x-e1 used for $550 and personally I regret it,i wish i had got a Pentax K5, Nikon D7000 or Sony A77.

10-23-2013, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #3743
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by buttons Quote
man that bigma + k5 combo gets great results. I looked at the X-E2 update. looks like new button layout, better autofocus, probably fixed the minimum shutter speed issue... but if they want my money, i would need an improvement in IQ to get my wallet out. I bought the x-e1 used for $550 and personally I regret it,i wish i had got a Pentax K5, Nikon D7000 or Sony A77.
Well, I have no complaints about my K5, it is a damn fine camera. I don't see the Fuji cameras as replacements, they are not the same apples. I do see where they have some features I might desire. I have 4 vehicles, only really need one, but won't give any of them up, each has its benefit. I seldom look at cameras as the "best"....just the best for my needs, and that means more than one camera for sure.

BTW- Several (6) years ago, back when I had a K10D, I was just about to give up on photography. The birds and other animals I wanted to capture were just not coming out with the lenses I had, including a 70-300 that was bad about PF and flare.
I bit the bullet and bought a 50-500 Bigma and my world changed instantly! It has been my most used lens, is fun to use, has very decent IQ and no PF or flare.

When I first got the Bigma, I went out one morning to check the propane level and had the K10D/Bigma in hand.....as I approached the tank, I saw this handsome Cardinal about 35-40 feet away and froze in my tracks. No time to check the settings, I just aimed and shot, and I've been Bigma-hooked ever since! I bet I've shot a million squirrels with it!

1/20 handheld F6.7 (wide open) @ 500mm K10D/Bigma
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
10-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #3744

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Well, I have no complaints about my K5, it is a damn fine camera. I don't see the Fuji cameras as replacements, they are not the same apples. I do see where they have some features I might desire. I have 4 vehicles, only really need one, but won't give any of them up, each has its benefit. I seldom look at cameras as the "best"....just the best for my needs, and that means more than one camera for sure.

BTW- Several (6) years ago, back when I had a K10D, I was just about to give up on photography. The birds and other animals I wanted to capture were just not coming out with the lenses I had, including a 70-300 that was bad about PF and flare.
I bit the bullet and bought a 50-500 Bigma and my world changed instantly! It has been my most used lens, is fun to use, has very decent IQ and no PF or flare.

When I first got the Bigma, I went out one morning to check the propane level and had the K10D/Bigma in hand.....as I approached the tank, I saw this handsome Cardinal about 35-40 feet away and froze in my tracks. No time to check the settings, I just aimed and shot, and I've been Bigma-hooked ever since! I bet I've shot a million squirrels with it!

1/20 handheld F6.7 (wide open) @ 500mm K10D/Bigma
[/url] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
wow, im going to shop for one! what model is it? i see a 150-500 and a 50-500, 170-500mm,.. etc
10-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #3745
Veteran Member

I only just noticed, but the title of this thread has now changed to Post Your Fujifilm X100/X10 Pictures.

Woudn't it be more appropriated to be the "Post Your Fujifilm X-Series Pictures" thread? I mean, there's a wide range of Fujifilm X-series camera users here, using things like X100s, X20, X-Pro1, X-E1, etc etc
10-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #3746
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by buttons Quote
wow, im going to shop for one! what model is it? i see a 150-500 and a 50-500, 170-500mm,.. etc
Buttons....I have the 50-500 APO standard older model. The 150 and 170 are equally as good from all I have read if you don't need the full range. I seldom use the shorter ranges, but they also have very nice IQ.

Here is a shot at 50mm taken the first day I got the Bigma back in 2007.
[IMG] [/IMG]

The new models have OS and HSM and I'd love to have one, but the one I have does just fine on my K5 with SR and the focus is generally fast enough. For the price, nothing else comes close, this is a hell of a nice lens!

Pop...I agree, it should read Fuji X-Cameras. Although we are not too picky here about posting ( I just posted a Pentax shot) it would make it clearer to newcomers that they could post any X camera shots here. Maybe we can get them to change it, shouldn't be a problem? We are one of the most active threads, getting new posters would help us stay that way.......I love to view the shots posted here!

Regards!
10-25-2013, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #3747
Veteran Member

2 recent shots with my X-E1 and 18-55......................... X-E2 on order

10-25-2013, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #3748
Veteran Member

Couple recent X100S shots I like

10-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #3749
Veteran Member

Nice shooting GD.....love the BWs.

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
X-E2 on order
When do you expect it? I'll be real interested in all you might want to tell us about it when it arrives. Even send me a PM if you like. I am very interested in this camera, and just want to know more from a real user when it arrives.
I have not eliminated the K3, it looks great on paper too.Being all laid up here until Christmas, I had no idea how much money I was saving! Each day I am cooped up in here I must be saving a small fortune, I never really noticed how much I spent every day while out and about! ....like a damn drunken sailor! So....I can afford two new cameras easily and it's not even Thanksgiving yet!

Best Regards!
10-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #3750

This barn was across the road from the house i grew up in.