Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
12-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A sorry looking Sunflower that's for sure. These are also from one of the first days out trying the camera.

CPL Filter

12-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Original Poster

X100

Last edited by tuco; 12-04-2011 at 08:04 PM.
12-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Another one from today

X100

12-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #34
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You guys are posting some very nice work....love that "radiator through the glass" shot! My shots all seem so ordinary....maybe because they are !

A couple from today......again, just ordinary. I have so much to learn with this little camera, I may wear it out before I learn it all.

This guy from where I eat every day (owner) wanted a photo...hope he likes it!

It was cold today, glad this was not my plumbing job!

One from a dinner party last night.....I missed the focus a little, but it still printed pretty good.

Regards!

12-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You guys are posting some very nice work....love that "radiator through the glass" shot! My shots all seem so ordinary....maybe because they are !

A couple from today......again, just ordinary. I have so much to learn with this little camera, I may wear it out before I learn it all.
You have some cooperative subjects. You are demonstrating that people are indeed more conformable around smaller cameras.
12-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Now that Fuji has acknowledged the "white blooming" issue and is looking into it, I think I might start looking into the X10 again! I have been enjoying the S95 that I picked up for my wife as a Christmas gift though... she'll kill me if she knows I'm looking at another!

Fuji X10 to get a firmware update for "sensor blooming" | Photo Rumors
12-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Nice to hear something will be fixed before I even get one. Gotta figure out how I can swing the bucks to sneak one in past the wife. So many cameras around my place now that one more won't even be noticed, so long as I can scrounge up enough to make it a cash purchase and not leave a paper trail to trip me up.

Last edited by Mike Cash; 12-08-2011 at 12:55 AM.
12-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #38
Inactive Account

Ditto... :-)

Check out this new commercial running for the X10 in Japan; quite the artsy piece!

FUJIFILM X10 60s ???? (???) - YouTube

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Nice to hear something will be fixed before I even get one. Gotta figure out how I can swing the bucks to sneak one in past the wife. So many cameras around my place now that one more wont even be noticed, so long as I can scrounge up enough to make it a cash purchase and not leave a paper trail to trip me up.
12-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #39
Veteran Member

If you read this and don't want an x10, you must be a lot more particular than I am! I read it and had to stop myself from hitting the "Buy Now" button......again, although having two is not such a bad idea. If Mrs Rupert ever decided to take mine out for a day, I would be heartbroken and lost until it was back safely in my hands!
Fujifilm X10 Digital Camera review - Trusted Reviews

In the very blinding Texas sunshine yesterday, the optical viewfinder was great to have......the LCD is useless in such light, while the viewfinder is bright and clear!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
12-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Using the EXR setting on Auto.......x10. I shot a couple with the Pro Low Light setting and they appeared very close to this one.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards
12-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #41
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
Ditto... :-)

Check out this new commercial running for the X10 in Japan; quite the artsy piece!

FUJIFILM X10 60s ???? (???) - YouTube
some would call a commercial like that 'artsy' and subsequently write it off, but I thought that was a brilliant piece and in all honesty speaks to my creative side and really makes me want to buy one. even if I don't know whats being spoken by the character, the entire subject of the ad kind of speaks for itself. maybe my mindset just isn't the same as a typical american but I really think we should have more commercials like this. very well done I must say. if I were in the market for such a camera it would win me over I think. excellent ad.
12-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #42
Veteran Member

I read somewhere...over at DPR?....where the ad is full of symbolisms that are very relevant to the Japanese people. In that respect, it is indeed an excellent ad...it strikes home in every frame. Something is happening with Fuji...their cameras, their marketing, they are on a roll. We will see what is next...I am betting it will be exciting.
I am already shopping for Christmas gifts for my x10....some new filters and a snap on lens cap for the hood are certain gifts, maybe even a Fuji Flash?
BTW- The 52mm Pentax center push lens hood fits perfectly on the x10 hood.
Regards!

My K5 will not be left out! It is still pure Magic!
12-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #43
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Empathy and Grief

X100

12-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #44

Photos: Albums
Tuco, you sure do have the talent. A never ending stream of most enjoyable photographs. Thanks for posting.
12-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Yeah....you do have talent Tuco (Great shot!) .......I think that is what I am missing most. If I could order some talent from B&H or Adorama, I would buy all I could get!

Here is an x10 Squirrel.......I had to sneak the shot while Otis was in conference with the Devil Squirrel out in the woods. Otis will not allow Squirrels to be shot with a small "Toy Camera", he says it is beneath the dignity of Squirrels. His camera of preference is the K5 with the 50-500 Bigma mounted....makes Squirrels feel important...which they are!

I wanted to try the Digital Zoom, just to see if it had any use at all.......better than most I have used in the past for sure! Shot at 114mm +2x digital zoom. Not good enough to show to Otis, but it works for me!
Regards!

x10 digital zoom at 114mm +2x DZ (Squirrel Model is "Freddy Fats"....Thanks for posing Freddy!)
[IMG] [/IMG]