Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #4516
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And why would you? Sublime travelling, well captured. I've just got the 60-250 myself and so glad I finally did. Wonderful lens.

08-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #4517
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Damn fine shots! Gotta love that big buffalo......wonderful stuff!
Regards!
08-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #4518
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sometimes business travel is good:

Above the world
by clarke_ag, on Flickr
08-30-2014, 11:21 PM - 2 Likes   #4519
Veteran Member

Nice shot clarkey!

Watching the sunset walking the dog this evening (Great Salt Lake)

09-05-2014, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #4520
Veteran Member

Here's one for BF
It's beer with a camera

X100
09-05-2014, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #4521
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote
Nice shot clarkey!

Thanks very much - that's a great shot there - never seen a salt lake before. Great colours.

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Here's one for BF
It's beer with a camera

X100
That might be the winner there - we may have to close the thread.
09-05-2014, 08:08 PM - 1 Like   #4522
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote
Wow! What a neat shot!

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
It's beer with a camera
Gotta give it too you there, you have outdone us all! Wheat beer or ale...my favorite too!

Regards!

09-06-2014, 04:24 AM   #4523
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Amazing shot LeeRunge, and Colton that beer is cool. I have to look for it at my local brew supermarket. Thanks for reviving the BF, I think about it every week.
09-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #4524
Veteran Member

I plan to get back to BF shooting now that Mrs Rupert has poured out several 6 packs of beer I bought but never drank.....so I have room for some new stuff! I was a little disappointed that I got such poor response from my Lone Star Beer BF post.....I went to so much trouble and put my life at risk just by opening up that putrid brew for you guys here. It took me weeks to get up enough courage to open it and take those shots......maybe you guys were disappointed that I lived through it?
Anyhow, old Rupert doesn't go down easy, I'll be back for another BF soon!

Regards!

Colton.....Been thinking about you and your disabling ailment, hope you are making the most of what must be an extremely difficult situation. If we could help, you have to know we would......is there anything we could do that we aren't but would make your life easier? When I curse my bad feet and try to pity myself, I feel ashamed, knowing I am so fortunate to just be able to walk even if it is a little painful and a lot crooked.
09-06-2014, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #4525
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote

That might be the winner there - we may have to close the thread.
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Wow! What a neat shot!

Gotta give it too you there, you have outdone us all! Wheat beer or ale...my favorite too!

Regards!
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Amazing shot LeeRunge, and Colton that beer is cool. I have to look for it at my local brew supermarket. Thanks for reviving the BF, I think about it every week.
Thanks y'all

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Colton.....Been thinking about you and your disabling ailment, hope you are making the most of what must be an extremely difficult situation. If we could help, you have to know we would......is there anything we could do that we aren't but would make your life easier? When I curse my bad feet and try to pity myself, I feel ashamed, knowing I am so fortunate to just be able to walk even if it is a little painful and a lot crooked.
Rupert,
thanks for writing.
I'm doing okay for the most part. I sit in front of the computer an awful lot these days, which becomes immensely boring after 2+ days
We all have our crosses to bear, and just because one persons ailments might be worse, it doesn't mean that yours aren't important or frustrating to you.
We all face adversity in one form or another, we just can't let it take over our life.
Thanks again,

Colton
09-06-2014, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #4526
Veteran Member

I know some about sitting all day at a computer.....both wonderful and horrible.....I sat here all last winter and almost went crazy, but it did provide me contact with the world.
You have a great attitude, nothing beats that when you are fighting the odds. It can make the difference between misery and finding joy in little things that you might not otherwise notice.

Best Regards!
09-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #4527
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A little shift here, two photos from during and after dinner between storms. Both are X10 and low light setting with some tweaks, but not much. Colors can get interesting...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
09-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #4528
Veteran Member

Jac.....Fine X10 work as usual from you. I was looking at the brief review over on DPR of the X30 and the sample shots looked really good, but honestly, not any better at all than what you post with the X10. If I was buying, it would be the X10, it's just a better camera in my view, and in the right hands, like yours, why waste money on a new X30?
Regards!
09-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #4529
Veteran Member

Today I stumbled apon the Chinese Moon Festival in London's China Town. All in all I had a good day, and feel some of my mojo is back....

Here are a few from the day, il drip feed them in as it it a pain doing this on a phone!

Cheers, Steve
09-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #4530
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice photos Steve.

And Rupert, I agree, I have other cameras, obviously, but the X10 gets the most use.