Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #991
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a great looking ride! Us old X10 guys don't drive fancy autos...we have to make do with our Jeeps or trucks.....but we do get to hang around some pretty girls quite often!

Old Pentax shot...before I got fat...but my Jeep still looks the same!
[IMG] [/IMG]

X10 Toy Camera does well at shooting lovely young ladies! Out of Lacie's 10 most favorite wedding photos, 5 were shot with the X10...pretty amazing, since it was Mrs Rupert's first time to use the X10 and she has no camera experience!

Shot this one today of Lacie as we were going over photos for printing.
X10
[IMG] [/IMG]

Hope you guys enjoyed the Chicken Fried Steaks..it's back to healthy eating for six more days!

X10 tonight...pretty decent eating! I'm getting to be a decent cook!
BTW- I'm now only 5 lbs away from being back to the weight I was in that Jeep photo!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!

06-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #992
Pentaxian

Original Poster
You guys and your fancy automobiles. You don't know what the lap of luxury is until you've driven my motor car shown here. No, it's the one in the background.

500C/M, Zeiss Marko-Planar 120mm, New Portra 160

Last edited by tuco; 06-14-2012 at 09:55 PM.
06-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #993
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
You guys and your fancy automobiles. You don't know what the lap of luxury is until you've driven my motor car shown here. No, it's the one in the background.

500C/M, Zeiss Marko-Planar 120mm, New Portra 160

Very nice. If you're referring to my car, I have an employee lease since I work for BMW (technically MINI).
06-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #994
Veteran Member

Ah heck.....Not to be out done! I took a snap of my daily ride! New in '84', never been on the highway, 48,000 actual miles! Rolled twice! Wipers and heater still work! Rides like a tank, but she starts every morning. Not just a pee-cup but part of the family! Perfect camera transport.............

I received a replacement X10 this afternoon. One week turn around. Colors look good, all functions are fine. Orbs weren't an issue with me before as I soon figured out how to change settings to avoid the malady. Not many companies would go to the lengths Fujifilm did trying to satisfying a fickle group of camera critics. wonderful camera! I'm completely satisfied with my little toy X10 and Pentax K-5 combination!

Last edited by WillH; 11-17-2012 at 01:54 PM.
06-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #995
Veteran Member

Will, a good truck is priceless. I love my old Dodge Ram almost as much as my Jeep.

X10
[IMG] [/IMG]

You guys must be getting hungry...again? How about a grilled chicken/avocado salad for tonight? Just leave me a small tip!

Regards!
[IMG] [/IMG]
06-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #996
Veteran Member

Took the XP1 out while walking the dog and found a stray(?) cat just chilling on a brick wall. ISO 6400 hand held, f1.4

06-15-2012, 11:45 PM - 1 Like   #997
Veteran Member

Nice trucks, everybody Rupert, forget that dinner I want the dessert - om nom nom!

Continuing my Seattle from the Street project today (more photos at teh blog...). YK, since I started taking these photos, I have gotten a couple of very unexpected invitations - one was an invite to show at a big street fair, the other was a request to use one of the Street photos as the website banner for a book written by a local mystery author.

It never fails to make me feel weird when the result of throwing energy at something, is that the universe takes notice!

06-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #998
Veteran Member

Ecaterin, I was just being a smart a$$ with my picture. That ole' pee -cup is used for fence work and hauling minerals an such for live stock.

Your second photo is interesting! Has that Art Deco feel. Nice..........

Rupert and his chicken fried steak! I do love that! There's a little road side cafe' near Black Rock Nevada that specalizes in chicken fried steak, biskets and gravey. I made that drive a few hundered times for a meal. Good stuff!

Last edited by WillH; 06-16-2012 at 12:06 PM.
06-16-2012, 07:19 AM   #999
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

06-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #1000
Veteran Member

Nice shots from all you guys, some very interesting and excellent.....still, I am posting the only ones that taste good too!

Regards!

Love that handsome Doggy!
06-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #1001
Veteran Member

It's too hot outside! Fire danger is extremely high. I'm stuck inside. Seeing that wonderful doggie picture by pop4 got me going. Here's some taken by the X10 with new sensor. Sorry, his jaw is blurry...he wouldn't hold still!

Last edited by WillH; 11-17-2012 at 01:54 PM.
06-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #1002
Veteran Member

Fine looking Doggie and some really nice shots too! Can you tell any difference with the new sensor?

I still use my X10 for a little of everything, and although Otis laughs at it, I think it is a marvel at what it does, and does well! I must not be the only one....it is still selling as fast as they can make them.

Regards!
06-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #1003
Veteran Member

I dunno Rupert! I'll know more when I get outside. Fuji is just swapping cameras. I got a new camera with different serial number and zero on the counter. The new camera feels lighter in weight. I recall when I first bought the X10 how I thought it was a solid little camera with some heft to it. The replacement is feather light, IMO. So far picture quality is the same.........

BTW, the pooch is Clancy, an eleven year old cow dog. Brought him inside where it's cool! He's earned it!

Additonal: Just took this shot a few minutes ago and cropped it! The camera is fine IMO.

Last edited by WillH; 06-16-2012 at 03:48 PM.
06-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #1004
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Beautiful dog photo, Pop! Very soulful!

QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Ecaterin, I was just being a smart a$$ with my picture. That ole' pee -cup is used for fence work and hauling minerals an such for live stock.

Your second photo is interesting! Has that Art Deco feel. Nice..........
LOL Will - that's why it's fun to razz you about your Peeekup Thx on the pic - I did several of them in that style yesterday, cause the sky was gorgeous and the Port is colorful with the orange cranes & lego-colored shipping containers...it just cried out for color processing of *some* kind :P

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice shots from all you guys, some very interesting and excellent.....still, I am posting the only ones that taste good too!

Alllrighty Mister Rupert! I've had enough of your delicious looking food - time to hit ya with....DONUTS! Really really really good donuts, the kind of donuts you drive across town in rush hour traffic for. Served with really good coffee. *drool* This is our local gourmet chain, Top Pot. Each store is decorated with floor-to-ceiling book shelves, which the owners populate with old hardbacks they buy at estate sales.....which means you get some pretty nifty titles. Today we found a "Modern Physics" text that predates Einstein...and was authored by (I am so not kidding) a Mr. Dull

Note Mr. Dull's text in the background - the accompanying book, "A Choice of Crimes" was my sweetie's humor showing
(...okay, maybe the donuts don't *actually* sparkle....)

There's something sinister going on here....

cool ceiling...

....and a terrifying owl who threatens you while you eat your donuts and drink your coffee - ak!
06-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #1005
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
Alllrighty Mister Rupert! I've had enough of your delicious looking food - time to hit ya with....DONUTS
Knowing I am on a diet, that is some pretty low down rotten posting with those delicious looking donuts! I may have to counter them with a delicious Possum Roast...be that will make your stomach growl with anticipation!

Regards!

BTW- Otis loves your book choices, anything sinister or criminally inclined is always a favorite for Otis!