Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #301
Veteran Member

Thanks!!!!! You did better than me. I put up GXR shots.

02-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #302
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MAC Quote
I know the thread title says X100/X10, But here's an X-Pro1 shot anyway
Yes, but the first post says subsequent versions are welcome too. You post a new camera pic without any info for use (eg lens)?
02-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #303
MAC

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry about that, I was a little excited,and in my excitement sorta skipped over all the preceding posts. Just got a shiny new camera and was in a hurry to go out and shoot with it.

The lens was the 35 f1.4 @ 1.4, ISO 200, out of camera jpeg.

here's a close up of the point of focus for anyone who's curious

02-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #304
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For four of the last five years I've bee the staff shooter for an event put on my a slot car modeling club here in Japan (I couldn't make it the other year). They invite a lot of (mostly) retired drivers of F-1 and other types to come compete in a closed event, using painstakingly detailed handmade models of the cars the drivers used to race. Every year there are reporters and photographers there from several magazines and this year we also had a television crew from the Japanese equivalent of ESPN.

Point is....there was some very serious high-dollar gear (CaNikon) there to cover the event. The event is club members, invited drivers, members of the press....and yours truly. This year yours truly shot the entire thing with the Fujifilm X10. I took my K-5 along, but it ended up sitting on a windowsill next to my camera bag for the entire event; I never even went near it.

All
Fujifilm X10

I ended up with about 550 shots, getting probably about 400 shots on one battery through diligently turning the camera off when not in active use, using AF.S. for most of the day (with rear screen turned off), and doing only the minimal amount of chimping I thought I could get by with. I could have gotten more had I not used AF.C. and had I not experimented with using the flash a bit. There was enough light from windows, skylights, and interior ceiling lights that I felt confident in just putting the X10 in auto ISO (max 3200) and just letting it do its thing, as it has demonstrated before that it is quite capable of minimal and controllable noise up to 3200 with no problem. For much of the event I shot in S mode with the shutter at 1/250 or thereabouts. Later in the afternoon I noticed I had lost a stop or two of light from the windows and skylights so I dropped down to 1/125 and was just a wee bit more careful of my subjects to avoid blur. It was about that time that I started messing with the flash as well.

02-19-2012, 08:10 PM - 1 Like   #305
Veteran Member

My wife and I went to a talk about feng shui (her interest) at a local eclectic antique type store today........There were many colorful displays and I'm glad I took my X100........
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix X100  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
FinePix X100  Photo 
02-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #306
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
My wife and I went to a talk about feng shui (her interest) at a local eclectic antique type store today........There were many colorful displays and I'm glad I took my X100........
Those are great. Did you shoot JPEG?
02-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #307
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Great shooting GD, you really took advantage of the bright colors!

Mike.....I understand you perfectly...the X10 is not a toy camera, it is a very capable and finely crafted machine that is up to the job in most situations. Despite Otis referring to it as a "filthy little toy camera" I am forever amazed at how well it performs in so many varied situations. Add that it is so small and so handy plus easy to use, and there is little wonder we love them so!

Regards!
BTW- Nice shooting!

02-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #308
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
Those are great. Did you shoot JPEG?
Thanks!
I always shoot RAW........I had the film setting as VELVIA............I imported into Light Room with NO post processing..........I did crop the 3rd one, but that's all....It's amazing the color that the X100 delivers
02-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #309
MAC

X-Pro1 w/ XF 35 f1.4

1/52 sec, f1.4, ISO 1600, -0.7EV

02-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #310
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
Thanks!
I always shoot RAW........I had the film setting as VELVIA............I imported into Light Room with NO post processing..........I did crop the 3rd one, but that's all....It's amazing the color that the X100 delivers
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #311
Veteran Member

X-Pro1 w/ XF 35 f1.4
How are you liking the X-Pro1 so far? I can't wait to get mine
02-20-2012, 01:18 AM - 2 Likes   #312
Veteran Member

Both
Fujifilm X10

02-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #313
MAC

A couple from a short walk this afternoon.
Both out of camera jpegs with the 35mm and Velvia film simulation mode

1/340s, f5.6, ISO 200

1/125s, f5.6, ISO 200

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
How are you liking the X-Pro1 so far? I can't wait to get mine

It was sort of an impulse buy. I didn't walk into the store expecting them to even have one, much less that I would be walking out with one.
So far I like it. It's got a couple quirks, but no deal breakers. It's also my first experience with a rangefinder style viewfinder, and I'm finding
that I enjoy the whole experience of taking pictures considerably more. Just holding this camera makes me want to go out and shoot.

It does seem rather light at first, but I imagine that's a side effect of using the K-7/K-5 for the last couple years.
02-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #314
Veteran Member

It was sort of an impulse buy. I didn't walk into the store expecting them to even have one, much less that I would be walking out with one.
So far I like it. It's got a couple quirks, but no deal breakers. It's also my first experience with a rangefinder style viewfinder, and I'm finding
that I enjoy the whole experience of taking pictures considerably more. Just holding this camera makes me want to go out and shoot.
This is me exactly with the X100 last year. I bought it on impulse, now I love it quirks and all. It's just fun to use.

Thanks so much for posting these!!!
02-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #315
Veteran Member

Mike- Those are great shots!!!!!!!!!