Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
03-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #391
Veteran Member

Hugo, Stanley and Ruby this AM on our morning hike at the lake. X10 JPEG out of camera.

Also in case anyone is interested Zach Arias is doing a photo school thing in Dubai. He just took the X Pro and X100. He's doing a sort of rolling blog/review of the X Pro which he is rather enthusiastic about. Here's day two:

Dubai :: Day 02 • Photography By Zack Arias ? ATL ? 404-939-2263 ? studio@zackarias.com

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
03-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #392
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I tried to like Lightroom, but just didn't. I have so many plug-ins in E7 that it will do almost anything I desire, and like most old guys, I hate to switch to anything new when I am comfortable where I am......I bet you understand that?

Anyone hungry? Shot this through my office window last night.....not the best shot in the poor light through the window glare......but it will still taste just fine!

X10

I asked him to bring a friend for "dinner".....and he did!

Regards!
Rupert- As a person who was born in Mississippi, I have to tell you only Mississippians are allowed to eat possums.

I actually went to a party one time where they served a possum baked in sweet potatoes................
03-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #393
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stanley, the X-Pro shots look great...they are living up to expectations so far.

The X10 Doggie shots are excellent. Isn't it a shame a small group of Orb lovers have overlooked the magic of this little X10 jewel?

She finally opened up for the X10!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
03-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #394
Veteran Member

Awesome shot Rupert!!! Well except for all those ORBS...........

Is that EXR?

03-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #395
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
Rupert- As a person who was born in Mississippi, I have to tell you only Mississippians are allowed to eat possums.

I actually went to a party one time where they served a possum baked in sweet potatoes................
You say that as though there some other way....
03-05-2012, 04:34 AM - 1 Like   #396
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
You say that as though there some other way....
It was horrible. I had to eat some to be polite.
03-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #397
Veteran Member

Here's day 3 with the X Pro 1:

Dubai :: Day 03 • Photography By Zack Arias ? ATL ? 404-939-2263 ? studio@zackarias.com

03-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #398
Pentaxian

Original Poster
From the article.
"I’ve seen people bitching and moaning and complaining about the Fuji X-Pro1 on photography forums. They have no idea what they are talking about."
Gee, don't you know. Paper evaluation of a camera is everything! I mean, if you can't put a camera on a tripod and remove the battery or memory card, a situation I have yet to encounter ever in my life and less so for a camera that one might use on a tripod once in a Blue Moon, it's a POS. And boy, if the color is wrong it's DOA.

Last edited by tuco; 03-05-2012 at 10:14 PM.
03-05-2012, 10:38 PM - 1 Like   #399
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
From the article.
"I’ve seen people bitching and moaning and complaining about the Fuji X-Pro1 on photography forums. They have no idea what they are talking about."
Gee, don't you know. Paper evaluation of a camera is everything! I mean, if you can't put a camera on a tripod and remove the battery or memory card, a situation I have yet to encounter ever in my life and less so for a camera that one might use on a tripod once in a Blue Moon, it's a POS. And boy, if the color is wrong it's DOA.
I hear you.....just like when I visited my Mom today as she was checking in for an outpatient procedure at the hospital (went well, she's fine!). I snapped this shot as I walked up to her....I think she was happy to see me....I never realized an Orb would pop up on her left ear lobe.......you just can't trust the X10, can you?
[IMG] [/IMG]
03-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #400
Veteran Member

I hope she had another orb on her other ear or she's going to have you on your hands and knees checking every square inch of the place until you find it.

Both
Fujifilm X10

03-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #401
Veteran Member

Nice Mike...as usual.....Keep them coming!
My biggest problem with the X10 is not taking advantage of the very excellent settings relating to different conditions. I took this at lunch yesterday and should have used the "Natural" setting to get some fill flash, but instead had to pull it up in processing. I keep forgetting that the X10 has a setting for almost any circumstance, and most of them work very nicely.

I see two more Orbs showed up below her neck on her blouse....too small for "real Orb lovers"?
Regards!
[IMG] [/IMG]
03-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #402
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
From the article.
HA!!!!!!

Gee, I've always waited until I had the camera on a tripod before I actually changed the battery and the card.
03-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #403
Veteran Member

Mike- Awesome as usual!

Rupert- You really should start a portrait business. Seriously.
03-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #404
Veteran Member

Stanley X100
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix X100  Photo 
03-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #405
Veteran Member

I let myself go a bit more nuts on post-processing with my X10 shots. After all.....the whole point of the camera is to have fun with it, so why not?

Both
Fujifilm X10