Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
06-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #1051
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by goldpopper Quote
Only had the gorillapod with me to secure on the fence so had a hard time composing and getting the right angle and as much as I wanted in the frame.
Very cool shot...even if it wasn't exactly what you were looking for. That's one thing I have dabbled in with my X100, longer exposures. I look forward to getting it on a tripod, keeping the ISO down and seeing what it can do at night.

06-20-2012, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #1052
Veteran Member

Little fun with the X10 this afternoon.

Last edited by WillH; 11-17-2012 at 01:54 PM.
06-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #1053
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Nice ones Will...who says the X10 doesn't shine! Those are great! Some really nice composition on them too!

All I got today was a few clouds, too busy to do much shooting.

From inside where I eat every day, hence the distortions and dirty glass....I had a bag of pigskins and a Diet Coke for lunch....
[IMG] [/IMG]

Also shot through glass.....my truck window on the road to my home.
[IMG] [/IMG]

I was hungry, those pigskins were not enough...so I made a decent dinner tonight...

Grilled/smoked sirloin patties/ fresh asparagus/cream potatoes with brown gravy/steamed zucchini ....along with the mandatory evening avocado and fruit plate. Actually, it was some "pretty good eatin' "! Red wine & V8...I like the spicy V8!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
06-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #1054
Veteran Member

Been having fun Rupert. I was shocked to read what some forums are saying about the new X10 sensor. Simply not true! Thought a few photos were I order to disprove the rumors.

BTW, why the avocado every evening? Going to town Friday.....will check out the Okra supply.

06-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #1055
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Yeah I did a few different things with these photos. I believe I shot all of these JPEG with the "velvia" setting on the X100....the may explain some of the film look. I like the setting but find it needs some tweaks in LR here and there. I up the blacks/contrast a bit and try to balance with the fill light/brightness. The third photo I converted to b/w, and then just tried to add some warmth by increasing the red-ish tones. The bridge shot, I just upped the contrast a bit, added a light graduated filter, and dodged it a bit.

I made some presets that I tweak image to image depending on the subject/lighting ect. I hope that answer wasn't too convoluted

I love the Jpegs the X100 puts out, makes PP and posting that much easier.... plus using those in camera style presets can be fun.
Thanks for the explanation and no, not too convoluted. I like seeing how others do stuff. X100 is a great camera and when used well as you have, and processed as you have, present a kind of magic.
06-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #1056
Forum Member

A couple more from the x100

edit..having a few issues getting the sizing right....
06-21-2012, 04:19 AM   #1057
Forum Member

Sydney hotel

06-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #1058
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Been having fun Rupert. I was shocked to read what some forums are saying about the new X10 sensor. Simply not true! Thought a few photos were I order to disprove the rumors.

BTW, why the avocado every evening? Going to town Friday.....will check out the Okra supply.
Will, over at DPR, if they had a Forum on 24K Gold Bars, you would find many claiming that their gold is rusting, is unsuitable for use in electronics or jewelry, and demand that their gold be replaced with some scrap iron. They just love to hate over there! I dropped in this morning to have a look....first thing I found was a total idiot complaining about sensor replacement, and at the same time stating he had never had a problem with his sensor? I think his main complaint was that he had no sensor problem, and Fuji had deprived him of that problem, and therefore he had been "cheated".

Avocado.....well, if you do the search, they are one of the most healthy things you can eat.....but I eat them because they are delicious! ....also, I am addicted to them...Mrs Rupert too!

BTW-I know we are a tiny group here on PF, but I do find it very refreshing that we are all very sold on our Fuji cameras...in love with them actually. The X-Pro, X100, and X10 shooters here all think they they are shooting with the "cat's meow"........I like that. Of course, I think the X10 shooters have the edge over the X-Pro or X100....and I bet the X-Pro and X100 shooters feel the same....That's what I'm talking about! ....I like that too!

Regards!

BTW- Goldpopper, love that shot of the hotel!.....it's obvious your gold isn't rusting!
06-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #1059
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
The X-Pro, X100, and X10 shooters here all think they they are shooting with the "cat's meow".......
Not 100% of us. I do like the XP1 but I'm also very critical of it. It has a lot of "if only they did this" kind of stuff to it. The X10 is a more solid package for what it is and what you pay.

Last edited by tuco; 06-21-2012 at 09:28 AM.
06-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #1060
Veteran Member

X100
Last week near Gettysburg PA.................right at sundown................some PP to bring out buildings in background....
Attached Images

06-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #1061
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Not 100% of us. I do like the XP1 but I'm also very critical of it. It has a lot of "if only they did this" kind of stuff to it. The X10 is a more solid package for what it is and what you pay.
Tuco, if you read my post #1047 on the last page, would my description of my dream X10 replacement interest you? What would you like differently?

I sort of get the feeling, from here and other sites that the X-Pro has not delivered the same enthusiasm as the X100...or maybe even the X10? No doubt there is room for improvement. I still get the urge to buy me an X100, I think it is a neat camera, but I know me....a one focal range lens would not hold my interest for a full day.

Regards!
06-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #1062
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Tuco, if you read my post #1047 on the last page, would my description of my dream X10 replacement interest you? What would you like differently?
I want a camera like the XP1 but FF, action-catching auto focus speed, good high ISO and adaptable M-mount lenses with an effective manual focus system. That's all.
06-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #1063
Veteran Member

From the X100:

06-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #1064
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goldpopper Quote
A couple more from the x100
Was that first one from Chinatown or somewhere like that? I love it!
06-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #1065
Veteran Member

One from this morning. It was barking cold down at the beach today. X100

Last edited by kyteflyer; 06-21-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: smaller shot