Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #1876

Photos: Gallery
Very nice pictures. I really want one now! I want a small camera, with good image quality.

09-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #1877
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nibutto...fantastic night shots, loved them!

KGH....You really can make the X10 shine. Great shooting!

Been digging up a septic all day to install a new lift pump, no shooting just a lot of nasty dirty hard work. I should have said no, but old customers that have been friends for years are hard to turn down. Another day to go to finish......I don't think I will ever do another one in this lifetime, my old bones do not like the up and down or the digging.
Regards!
09-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #1878
Veteran Member

love the 3rd one KGH!

I can feel your pain, Rupert.........
09-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #1879
Veteran Member

GD.....If you were closer, you could smell it! Will finish it up today.....the good thing...it will produce enough to buy a pretty nice lens...or whatever? Is it worth it......not really.

Regards!

09-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #1880
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KGH Quote
Here are a few shots from my trip to Little River area in Alabama this weekend from my X10.
Nice shots, very vibrant colors! Wish the NW had more fall color.
09-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #1881
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Nice shots, very vibrant colors! Wish the NW had more fall color.
It may be decent this year due to being dryer in the fall so far. Head over to the east side of the cascades and usually there is much more color.
09-25-2012, 10:25 AM - 2 Likes   #1882
Veteran Member

Some photos from a recent wedding with the X100. I shot with a couple other DSLR's/lenses, but kept the X100 on a sling around my shoulder...perfect for capturing the small details and more candid moments.

09-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #1883
KGH

QuoteQuote:

Some photos from a recent wedding with the X100.
Great detail shots. I think that is what makes weddings memorable, not the stand ups, or even the elaporate portraits, but the small details. Most of my clients question why I insist on including so many detail shots in albums, even as background images. I have a strange clientele.
09-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #1884
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Some photos from a recent wedding with the X100. I shot with a couple other DSLR's/lenses, but kept the X100 on a sling around my shoulder...perfect for capturing the small details and more candid moments.
I second that. Really sweet wedding set.
09-25-2012, 01:09 PM - 1 Like   #1885
KGH

Here are a couple more X10 shots. Mushrooms from a couple of weeks ago, and Moss from trees in the Live Oak Cemetery in Selma, AL.

It's funny how something like the mushrooms are only around for a few days, and these trees have been there for over 150 years.

09-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #1886
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KGH Quote
Great detail shots. I think that is what makes weddings memorable, not the stand ups, or even the elaporate portraits, but the small details. Most of my clients question why I insist on including so many detail shots in albums, even as background images. I have a strange clientele.
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I second that. Really sweet wedding set.
Thanks guys. I have never had anyone question the "detail" shots, in fact is usually really important to them. i guess it depends on how much time they have invested. For this wedding, the bride and her family....I'm sure the groom got roped in too ....made the photo book, hand held fans, and even that tasty pork. It was the grooms own pig that he raised and provided to the caterer.....got to capture details like that

I used my DSLR gear mainly for my 15mm wide and 50-135 f/2.8 lens. I would love to shoot a wedding with only a X100 and see what I come up with.
09-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #1887
Veteran Member

I really liked the wedding shots too. Who wouldn't want detail shots? Damn, it's a crazy world! I shot a complete wedding in May......the bride (and her mom) were very pleased with the shots,but I can tell you, I won't shoot another one! That is damn hard work! My hat is off to you!
Regards!

Still working on that septic system....almost done.....it will fund the new X-El or whatever they call it, should I decide on one. Plumbing pays well, but you wouldn't want to have done this job, I guarantee!

There is a 700 gallon tank below this building....the concrete top had to be sawed open and you had to get in to retrieve the old lift pump that had broken off, then install a new one...among a long list of "other repairs" to be made. Wasn't so hard 20 years ago....but my old bones hurt today!

X10
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
09-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #1888
Veteran Member

Been pre occupied lately! Making donations to the fabulous medical profession! Rupert, you'll need to enhance your greed quotient considerably to match those folks. I suspect medical types learned their fee charging greediness by taking plumbing business courses in medical school. Capitalism is it?!

KGH, wonderful pictures! The water fall and scenery shots are fantastic. You did well with the X10. I attached a picture of a similar mushroom taken with the X10 too! I suspect it's the same variety of mushroom!

Abieleck, your wedding pictures are very nice indeed. Weddings are a real workout I can appreciate the effort you put into doing a nice job! Wonderful candids! You did well! Appears they feed you well too! I helped shoot many weddings while in college and didn't get fed once!

Ah Rupert, you're not the only one who does plumbing! I do all my own and we have 5 houses on the ranch and all with septic systems. Luckily we don't need to pump any sewage.....sorta let gravity do the work! Who allowed someone to build a structure over a septic tank? Know what you mean about "old bones". I hope in a few days I can get out and take some pictures.

Last edited by WillH; 01-12-2013 at 04:32 PM.
09-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #1889
Veteran Member

What a transition Rupert - from the nice posh photo studio to the bowels of a septic tank (pun intended!) Not that I have actually done that work myself, but was in the wholesale plumbing/HVAC distributor business half my life, and know exactly what you've been through. It's very nice that you helped someone out, and now it will feel even better when you are done and walk back into your studio.

Back to the mushrooms! We're in a warm drizzly weather pattern right now so I will have to get out there tomorrow to see if I can add some more photos.
09-26-2012, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #1890
Veteran Member

Went to a motorcycle event in Brooklyn this past weekend. It was a lot of fun.

I caught this guy as he was coming up to the stop, so I tried to pan on the fly. It sort of worked, but he wasn't going very fast ...

There was a guy selling hand-made leather goods. I wasn't a fan of the designs, but they were very high quality.