Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #1921
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will.......Very strange tree anomaly ....reckon what caused it, and how long it has been there?
I can't explain the difference here, because I don't know your area or circumstance, but here we have very few problems with illegals. They work hard, pay their bills, take care of their families and mind their own business. If they get out of line, the "head honchos" of their clans ship them back home....I've seen it happen more than a few times. Never lost a dime working for an illegal around here....and they are usually very grateful, since few of them are acquainted with plumbing in the least! I once removed 40 feet of 3" sewer line under a home where about a dozen were living together...rock workers....the line was solid lard, and impacted beyond cleaning. They didn't know you can't dump your grease down the kitchen sink!

The K5+ 43Ltd is a joy to use!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Wed, if the weather is good, I'm going to take the X10 for a walk around town to get some of those old homes like you posted...I enjoyed those! I always think of how they were built...without power tools. My Grandad used to point out the old homes he worked on as a kid and tell of how long it took, and how they worked without modern equipment.

Pop...That's a neat catch.....was he dreaming of a big big crotch rocket, you think?
Regards!

10-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #1922
Veteran Member

Pop4, those are tough shots to nail. You did good!. Interesting, the genius has his helmet protecting his butt not his head.

Tis odd that 75-95% of our crime is committed by illegals! That statistic was reported by the liberal LATimes. I can verify that statistic as being accurate!

Last edited by WillH; 10-03-2012 at 01:41 AM.
10-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #1923
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Pop4, those are tough shots to nail. You did good!. Interesting, the genius has his helmet protecting his butt not his head.

Tis odd that 75-95% of our crime in committed by illegals! That statistic was reported by the liberal LATimes. I can verify that statistic as being accurate!
Must be a whole lot of illegals up here in Detroit.
10-02-2012, 06:11 AM - 1 Like   #1924
Veteran Member

Will.......Over 90% of our crime is by dopers, mainly meth freaks. Illegals account for only a small %, usually misdemeanors from too much cerveza.

Having been in California, it appears that there are hordes of "foreigners", and I am guessing a large portion are illegal, and not just from Mexico? Gangs are rampant in some areas, and crime is too. Not much like my small town. The future?....who knows? A cat out of the bag is hard to get back in.

Maybe you guys would like to see my 86 year old Mom? She came down Sunday to see my new little studio. She was impressed...it does look pretty good, if I do say so! ........she passed on the pizza, she is a smart lady! I convinced her to pose for a couple of shots......

[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!

10-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #1925
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Goodbye to everyone on this thread... I've been feeling more and more that I was using my X100 almost like a point and shoot (f/2-2.8, shutter on A, ISO Auto) more and more and felt like it was too big and complicated for that purpose. An opportunity presented itself to trade my X100 for something completely new to me photographically, so I jumped on it. I know the new owner is already having a blast with the X100, and I wish all of you the best with your Fuji X's!
10-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #1926
Veteran Member

Darren....don't leave us hanging...tell us more. We don't bite here! Old Will is kind of grouchy, but he isn't mean spirited!

Everyone does crazy things and sometimes they turn out for the best. Tell us your story, we have plenty of room here to listen.

Regards!
10-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #1927
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot of your mom! Nicely done.

Pam
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Will.......Over 90% of our crime is by dopers, mainly meth freaks. Illegals account for only a small %, usually misdemeanors from too much cerveza.

Having been in California, it appears that there are hordes of "foreigners", and I am guessing a large portion are illegal, and not just from Mexico? Gangs are rampant in some areas, and crime is too. Not much like my small town. The future?....who knows? A cat out of the bag is hard to get back in.

Maybe you guys would like to see my 86 year old Mom? She came down Sunday to see my new little studio. She was impressed...it does look pretty good, if I do say so! ........she passed on the pizza, she is a smart lady! I convinced her to pose for a couple of shots......

[/url] [/IMG]

Regards!

10-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #1928
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Digital for an old filmhound

The images from the Fuji X10 and X100 are gorgeous. To my eyes they have a quite film-like quality.
The old school controls of the X100 really appeal to me, and now the camera is becoming affordable used.

I love film, but with Kodak, Fuji and others gradually withdrawing from the film business
is it time for me to finally take the plunge and try a serious digital camera?

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 10-07-2012 at 11:16 AM.
10-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #1929
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Another Mt Rainier

60mm

According to Wikipedia, "Mt. Rainier is considered one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world..." And they note it's an active volcano. It's easy to forget these things are ticking time bombs.

Last edited by tuco; 10-02-2012 at 08:44 PM.
10-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #1930
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Regards!
Both her and your shot are looking good.

Consider working with a background light for those formal shots. It helps separate the subject from the background adding the appearance of more depth in your shot.
10-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #1931
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
[center]

According to Wikipedia, "Mt. Rainier is considered one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world..." And they note it's an active volcano. It's easy to forget these things are ticking time bombs.
Nice Guy! Heck of a chunk of rock! You got the feel of the place recorded

Kinda makes one rethink their sanity when they are climbing the volcanos. St. Helen's didn't just pop one day though, it sorta rumbled along for a few days. I was surprised to see bubbling hot springs at the summit of Mt. Shasta. We've had more Earth quakes and volcano eruptions, world wide, lately. We could be seeing a period of increased activity.

Chris, you're only getting older! Enjoy what you can when you can! You won't regret getting a Fuji! It's the colors they reproduce.

Last edited by WillH; 10-03-2012 at 01:45 AM.
10-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #1932
Veteran Member

Tuco...that's a wonderful shot, just perfect! Shadows on the little hills make it 3D like.

Yep, I need to light up the background and move my subjects a little further away from it. This is like plugging the dikes in New Orleans.....you fix one thing and another pops up....I don't know if I will ever get it all together, but I'll keep trying! Damn pizza...they seem to get it right every time!

Regards!
I got me a "steamer girl"! She will come by every so often and get out any wrinkles in my backgrounds....and I need a few more backgrounds...I'm lookin'!

[IMG] [/IMG]
10-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #1933
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I got me a "steamer girl"! She will come by every so often and get out any wrinkles in my backgrounds....and I need a few more backgrounds...I'm lookin'!
Ha, I have the same steamer. I wish they would have put a longer hose on it.

Getting the backdrop out of focus enough to hide wrinkles in the fabric is difficult often.
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #1934
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Is it time for me to finally take the plunge?

Chris
At a good used price, it should be a fine camera to have. Just make sure to ask if it had the sticking aperture blade problem fixed.
10-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #1935
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Darren....don't leave us hanging...tell us more. We don't bite here! Old Will is kind of grouchy, but he isn't mean spirited!

Everyone does crazy things and sometimes they turn out for the best. Tell us your story, we have plenty of room here to listen.

Regards!
May have spoken too soon.. Traded it for a Leica but turns out it's faulty so I'm asking for my X100 back