Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2012, 04:56 PM - 1 Like   #2281
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It couldn't be you....

11-23-2012, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #2282
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by violini Quote
After reading these threads, I was misled to buy a X-10. I only took 8 pictures and was so disappointed by the results. The camera has been in the drawer for 5 months now, I think I should get rid it. The culprit is nothing else but that miniscule sensor.
I'm sure there are plenty who would agree with you over at DPR! I'm not one of them. I've owned two and both were/are stellar cameras!

I missed the point of the your post! Are you trolling, looking for sympathy or just need some attention with a pissing and moaning thread?

My advise - sell it and move on!

Unedited X10 photo!

Last edited by WillH; 11-23-2012 at 05:16 PM.
11-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #2283
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
After reading these threads, I was misled to buy a X-10. I only took 8 pictures and was so disappointed by the results. The camera has been in the drawer for 5 months now, I think I should get rid it. The culprit is nothing else but that miniscule sensor.
If it's that bad I'll give you $50 for it.......
11-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #2284
Veteran Member

It was not my intention to bash Fuji camera. I feel that X-10 is not for me. For portability, my iPhone is just as good and I am not willing to spend more money for X-100. All in all, in my experience, any of Olympus and Panasonic micro four thirds is a lot more versatile than X-10. I am now selling it in the local market, after two weeks if it is not sold, I will list it in this site.

Last edited by violini; 11-24-2012 at 02:01 PM.
11-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #2285
Veteran Member

You could have it for 5 cents, as I was thinking to throw it into the can. I am now happier using micro four thirds Olympus.
Well that's great - we all seem to find a model/sensor that suits us well. I guess I just don't understand why you make a post in the Fuji section only to bash a Fuji camera......I don't see any requests for help with the camera, and to be honest, taking 8 frames with an unfamiliar camera is not enough to judge it - with any camera.
11-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #2286
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

You could have it for 5 cents, as I was thinking to throw it into the can. I am now happier using micro four thirds Olympus.
Gee...you got lost and hit the wrong bookmark?....DPR most likely has a search team out looking for you! The X10 is a remarkable little camera, and has a huge fan base, it is pretty hard to deny the facts, but easy enough to have an opinion......everyone has one just like they have an.........

Found me an aspiring model at the Church dinner yesterday! Isn't she lovely!
X10....sure glad it wasn't at home in a drawer!
[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
11-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #2287
Veteran Member

Hay Stan! Check it out! Replaced the screen protector this evening! I heard about using dental floss! Well guess what? It's works perfectly! Just slide the ole' floss under an edge (goes in easily) and just work it around. Voila! The protector is off! A little clean-up and the new protector is in place and we're good to go! BTW, The broken protector is laying on the eye cup!

As for the "Veteran" member! There's a life somewhere and I hope you find it!

Last edited by WillH; 01-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.
11-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #2288
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Hay Stan! Check it out! Replaced the screen protector this evening! I heard about using dental floss! Well guess what? It's works perfectly! Just slide the ole' floss under an edge (goes in easily) and just work it around. Voila! The protector is off! A little clean-up and the new protector is in place and we're good to go! BTW, The broken protector is laying on the eye cup!
That's great Will! I should have thought of the dental floss myself.....when I buy a new vehicle I can't stand any kind of dealership advertising on it - when they use those metal or plastic name plates, I use a little heat and floss to get them off.

I've never added a screen protector to any of my cameras, but am thinking of it now - it sure saved your screen! Of course I'm not out fixing fence much these days either......
11-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #2289
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I've never added a screen protector to any of my cameras, but am thinking of it now - it sure saved your screen! Of course I'm not out fixing fence much these days either......
Thar ya go using the "F" word, "fence". I'm not complaining but, seems all I do is fence work. Especially on long weekends like this one that brings out every knot head with an ATV looking for a new place to run around. Because we use horses the ATV'S are easy to track.

Most of the exterior fence looks like this....7 1/2 miles of it. I'm too damn old and my tolerance level is depleted. . An X10 photo....

11-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #2290
Veteran Member

7.2 miles of fence - no wonder it is the "F" word for you!

The weather has turned to winter mode today - the lake machine (Great Lakes snow squall machine) has got its start today, so I was messing around with some images. I'm still working on getting my head around the new-to-me Fuji X100 - took it for a little walk the other day. The colors/rendition of the camera are outstanding - the pics here are all OOC jpegs. Nothing of artistic value here - just some snaps along the way. So far the camera is causing me to stop and think about my composition and exposure which is exactly what I expected of it. I am hoping that it makes a better photographer because if this.

Last edited by photolady95; 04-17-2016 at 02:06 AM.
11-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #2291
Veteran Member

Great pictures Stan! You captured the feel of your place on this space ship perfectly! The camera is serving you well!

Sometimes I yearn for your type of country! Water, tall trees, shelter from wind! Our environments couldn't be more different. We're dry as a popcorn fart, on a hill top exposed to wind and stubby trees that can survive with little water and strong winds. Ah yes......the greener grass.

Taken last year about this time with my brand new X10, some of the first photos it produced.

11-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #2292
Veteran Member

This is quite interesting Will. While you yearn for the tall trees, mountains, and water, I yearn for the wide open spaces in your pics.

Like I said in an earlier post about visit the farm area of my in-laws on Thanksgiving - just soaking in the wide open view. While I love where I live here in the mountains, and would never even think of moving away from here, I do like to visit areas that are wide open like yours. That's one nice thing that I love about our forum here is being able to kind of travel the world through the eye of other photographers.

I'm glad my pics had an effect on you. While they are mostly just snap-shots, I like to share what my little corner of the world looks like. Lately I've spent some time looking at different members "street shot" down in the depths of the big cities, and I find them mesmerizing in a way. I guess it's since it makes me realize once in a while that there is a whole other world out there that I've never seen and never will.

Keep sharing your pics also Will - over this past summer viewing your pics and your commentary on the fires all around you was great - not that the situation was great but it made me feel like I was right there with you.
11-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #2293
Veteran Member

I know these are not appropriate for this thread but thought they might be interesting. Just had to share.

We placed a remote camera at our reservoir. That pond is the only water for miles around and it's wonderful for capturing the various wildlife that come to feed and drink. The number of ducks and geese that stop there is amazing. Anyhoo, I changed the chip today and found these treasures. Hope you don't mind!

11-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #2294
Veteran Member

The mountain scenery near Taipei and my ancestors old house in southern Taiwan. The 2nd picture is a bit fuzzy probably due to unsteady hand. Photos taken with X-10.
Attached Images

Last edited by violini; 11-24-2012 at 08:37 PM.
11-24-2012, 08:32 PM - 1 Like   #2295
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

No landscapes here.......I love them but find myself locked into this studio stuff for now. Spent all day working on installing and steaming new backgrounds. At the end of the day I got Mrs Rupert to pose for my little Toy Camera.

[IMG] [/IMG]

You need toys for a Toy Camera! Read to the Pooh Bear!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Two are better than one!
[IMG] [/IMG]

A little vibrant, but I liked them so I left them as is. Good job Toy Camera!

Regards!