Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #2401
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rupert, what happened to the "Small Camera Heaven" group? I went to add some photos today and couldn't find it.

Fujifilm X10

01-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #2402
Veteran Member

Had an ice rescue drill at work yesterday... as I was only an observer I took a few pics

The dummy after I threw it off a bridge

Pat
01-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #2403
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pat, I'm sorry, but as much as I hate ice and cold, I would have to tell the dummy I would be back for him in the Spring. My last ice rescue was when I was about 14 and Gary Atkins fell in the center of a frozen stock pond....and he couldn't swim. I got him out, but he almost drowned me in the process. We were out in the country miles from home with a few other guys, and luckily had some matches for a fire. Wind was around 15 mph and it was 20F. It was my last cold weather rescue without a doubt.

Mike-----I turned it into a portrait site, but haven't finished it yet, and as slow as I am it may be a while. There was little or no interest in the Small Camera site, and may not be on the portrait site either? You have some people shots over there, and I will leave them since they relate to portraits. If you are interested in working on the site as an administrator, mail me, I could use some help and you would be good help for sure.

Regards!
01-07-2013, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #2404
Veteran Member

As much as I'd like to be helpful, I'm afraid I really couldn't commit to dedicating any time. I can barely keep up with what I have going on as it is.

Fujifilm X10

01-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #2405
Veteran Member

Looks like they already had too much fun?

Yeah, I sure understand, that's why the site is not finished...just not enough time to do the things that need doing. Mrs Rupert says I need some Geritol, remember that stuff? Haven't seen it in years but still recall the horrible taste.

Regards!
01-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #2406
Veteran Member

Like ve2vfd's rescue training!

Was out setting supplement for the cows and spotted some fungi! Couldn't resist taking a few shots with the X10

01-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #2407
Veteran Member

And nobody told me that you can get other shutter speeds than whats on the dial, by turning the rear dial. I guess nobody read my post. :P

01-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #2408
Veteran Member

Here's another shot! Interesting mushrooms! Not the usual color!

01-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #2409
Veteran Member

Those ares some really good shots Will! Detail in that first one is superb.

Regards!
01-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #2410
Veteran Member

Rupert ... Fortunately the guys are wearing fully insulated dry suits... you can stay in below freezing water several hours in those and since rescuing someone = hard work, they are often too hot in them!

And now for something completely different... a snowman on a street near my station... it's almost 2 stories high, there is no camera perspective trick here (I actually took the photo from across the street!)

Pat
01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #2411
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Those ares some really good shots Will! Detail in that first one is superb.

Regards!
Thanks Rupert! I do enjoy this season only because of the mushrooms! I must admit getting up and down is becoming a challenge.

Thought this shot turned nice! X10 no PP! Next years calendar perhaps! Looks great in 8 x 10.

01-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #2412
Veteran Member

Will, that last one is just great! Amazing what a different perspective can do.

And I know what you are saying about getting down to take pics like this - I still remember our mushroom shootout last summer - took me a couple days to recover from that one.

Very nice unique photo worthy of a big print.
01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #2413
Veteran Member

They keep getting better Will..............I too love the last one.............I'm expecting to see a little person peek out from behind...
01-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #2414
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Having gotten thru the busy holiday photo taking season, I finally sent my X10 back for a new sensor/refurbished replacement/whatever to fix the white orb issue.

I debated selling it or going another route, but I really love the silly little thing. might pick up the X-series flash for a little more control over indoor lighting, automatic flash renders great skin tones but I find myself missing the manual control. only bummer is that it doesn't pivot.

The old DSLR used to intimidate the relatives, the X10 I can hand to anyone, and provided it is set up halfway properly, they get a serviceable capture. My SIL grabbed this one of my nephew and I in their dimly lit cave of a condo, EXR S/N mode, no flash.

01-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #2415
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
They keep getting better Will..............I too love the last one.............I'm expecting to see a little person peek out from behind...
Glad you like it! I've got quite a few but won't bore you whit them all......

The mushrooms are under the Live Oaks (green trees) in the distance. There are hundreds of mushrooms. In a few months a different variety will sprout. That particular spot grows the best and greatest varity of mushrooms on the whole place!

Thanks Stan! In a few months your fungi should be blooming! Probable have some already!

Last edited by WillH; 01-12-2013 at 04:49 PM.