Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
01-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #2476
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Bokeh is an attribute of the lens (how it renders out of focus). It is described as "creamy", "smooth", "nervous", "harsh", etc. To get better bokeh than what you are getting means a different lens. So more out of focus in your shot will show you more of the lens's bokeh but not necessarily any better bokeh.

01-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #2477
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KGH Quote
Grainbelt-Did you have a problem with the orbs that you could notice, or did you get it repaired for good measure?
Yes, any reflective surface would turn a point of light into a big ball. Particularly noticeable indoors when shooting pictures of people with metal framed glasses, or my most typical one, pies. Pie filling is shiny and I'd get twenty orbs all over it.

Per the phone call they are going to replace it, but there isn't much feedback out of the shop in NJ. I'll call them this week if they haven't emailed with some resolution.
01-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #2478
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KGH...Those are some nice shots, both with the Pentax and with the X10. I think I like the X10 shots the best.

I had a Pentax 50-200, and was never quite happy with it, so I sold it to a friend that loves it. I have often regretted it, because no other lens I have used works the wonders it did with the Raynox 250 Macro. It is amazing how well it works with the 50-200. You should get one and try it,you will be delighted if you do Macro work.

Regards!
01-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #2479
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
An old AF200T flash, radio triggers, and a Gorillapod to mount it on...add an X10 and you have a Strobist kit you can carry in your jacket.

Fujifilm X10

01-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #2480
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lovely one Mike.
Dave
01-23-2013, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #2481
Veteran Member

Rented a house out near Rockaway Beach with some friends (and a lot of dogs) for the long weekend. Nice view of the water from the back porch, fire pit, and un-seasonably warm weather....no complaints here. Did some crabbing, made some good food, and drank our fair share....maybe more

01-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #2482
Veteran Member

Sounds like fun Abie...Looks like fun! I need to get away for a few days....just waiting for warmer weather....it was 76F here yesterday, but winter is not over yet. Feb is always a bummer around here.

I was going down the road yesterday and stopped to remove some leaves from my windshield when these guys came out of the brush to take a look at me. I don't know how they maneuver in that thick brush with those big horns, but they do it as easily as a fox. Look how dense that stuff is, and they just came out of it and "appeared" like magic.

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

A note, the sun was blindingly bright and with my back to it the LCD was as black as coal. The OVF was all that allowed me to get a shot, and it was crystal clear. The new X20 with info on the OVF will be very handy indeed, and the new sensor promises better resolution and less noise......I'm beginning to get excited about it!
Regards!

01-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #2483
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Rented a house out near Rockaway Beach with some friends (and a lot of dogs) for the long weekend. Nice view of the water from the back porch, fire pit, and un-seasonably warm weather....no complaints here. Did some crabbing, made some good food, and drank our fair share....maybe more
Looks like you caught a bunch of Red Rock crabs.
01-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #2484
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Looks like you caught a bunch of Red Rock crabs.
Caught yes....kept?....not so much Only two keepers, the rest were either female or too little. Fun to be out there though tooling around the bay, drinking brews with good friends. Didn't have enough to make the crab cakes I had planned on, but I did make some tasty chowder and deep fried curds!
01-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #2485
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Caught yes....kept?....not so much Only two keepers, the rest were either female or too little. Fun to be out there though tooling around the bay, drinking brews with good friends. Didn't have enough to make the crab cakes I had planned on, but I did make some tasty chowder and deep fried curds!
There use to be ( in WA) no size or gender limit on Red Rock crabs, IIRC many years ago. But today I see it is 5 inches and can be either male or female.
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #2486
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
There use to be ( in WA) no size or gender limit on Red Rock crabs, IIRC many years ago. But today I see it is 5 inches and can be either male or female.
Huh....I just looked on the DFW. Assuming those are Red Rock Crabs, which they appear to be, there shouldn't have been any size/gender limit...just a limit of 24 per day. Dungeness are listed as only males of a certain size. That would kinda stink....we threw back a few plump females, although we may have let the little ones go anyway.
01-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #2487
Veteran Member

No crabs out this way, but plenty of good beef! We know it tastes good....and it apparent,y smells good too?

x10
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
01-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #2488
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
No crabs out this way, but plenty of good beef! We know it tastes good....and it apparent,y smells good too?

x10
[/url] [/IMG]

Regards!
Ahh - now we're talkin'!

Hey - anybody heard from Will lately? I looked in his profile and it shows his last visit to the forum was Sunday January 13th.................
01-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #2489
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Ahh - now we're talkin'!

Hey - anybody heard from Will lately? I looked in his profile and it shows his last visit to the forum was Sunday January 13th.................
Been wondering about Will myself.There are several possibilities, not all bad, but in his condition it does cause concern. On Forums, just like in real life, we're here...then we aren't. There are no guarantees, no timetables...at least made available to us. Let's just hope he is out there somewhere with his little X10 shooting away!
Regards!
01-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #2490
Veteran Member

Some interesting information on the X-cameras here. I was mostly interested in the X20, it looks like an exciting little camera. Fuji has a great site, their marketing is first class......something I wish Pentax would equal.
X-Series| FUJIFILM

Since most of my shooting has been with the X10, the upgrades on the X20 answer my prayer for the same body with some slight improvements. I see lots more fun ahead for 2013!

Regards!