Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #3001
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
From the look of the violent water in the shots Tuco, I can image you had some climbing/rock crawling to do to get yourself in such a good position for those shots.
Yes, some climbing out on the rocks to get a good vantage point. I've hiked that canyon before so I knew where some good locations were.

05-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #3002
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the DXO FilmPak3 for its wide selection of films. To be shot in the very mixed light of a Convenience Store, with a small Toy Camera, I wouldn't be any happier if I had shot it with a D800 or X-Pro. Would they do better? Sure, but no ordinary viewer would ever notice the difference. I dunno.....but if I could only have one camera, it might just be the X20. Love it!

VJ---X20+DXO
[IMG] [/IMG]

A little more contrast....I like it better for printing.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Can't wait to see how she does in my little studio next week!

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 05-10-2013 at 07:34 AM. Reason: ADD
05-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #3003
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Can't wait to see how she does in my little studio next week!

Regards!
I can't wait either. It's an exotic lingerie shoot, right?
05-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #3004
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I can't wait either. It's an exotic lingerie shoot, right?
We're kinda on a budget Tuco, might have to go without the lingerie and just go all natural. I hope that will still hold your attention?

Regards!

Haven't shot a squirrel lately so here is one for you. K5 + Bigma through my office window a few minutes ago. Corn fed squirrels are delicious!
[IMG] [/IMG]

05-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #3005
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Haven't shot a squirrel lately so here is one for you. K5 + Bigma through my office window a few minutes ago. Corn fed squirrels are delicious!
Innocent cute squirrel picture? I think not! The phallic symbolism is leaping out of the monitor.
05-10-2013, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #3006
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
We're kinda on a budget Tuco, might have to go without the lingerie and just go all natural. I hope that will still hold your attention?
If it doesn't hold Tuco's attention you can have 182% of mine.

Some portfolio work from MM. With the 35mm:

With the 18-55 zoom:

Last edited by junyo; 05-10-2013 at 01:22 PM.
05-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #3007
bvg
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That is a challenge for Rupert!

05-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #3008
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Junyo, that post got 182% of my attention!
05-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #3009
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Awesome portrait work, Junyo
05-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #3010
Veteran Member

I posted a reply to those earlier Junyo...where did it go? Those are really excellent, very professional. I did note that is is hell when those tops slip off the shoulders and you have to stop and readjust to continue shooting....it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!

Won't make a new post to post this from this afternoon. We have been getting a little rain, enough to make some hay!....some of those natural girl shots next week!

X20
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
05-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #3011
Veteran Member

Thanks guys.

On a side note. I finally broke out the "big gun" and was using my Tamron 70-200/2.8 on my K-x as my primary, with the XPro as the backup. That was full of meh. About 15 minutes in I realized just how much I hate using a DSLR at this point, and just started using the Fuji as the main. Then when I got home 90% of the shots with the zoom were clustered around 105-115mm. So Fuji needs to make a petite 105mm/2.8 and take some more of my money.

I did note that is is hell when those tops slip off the shoulders and you have to stop and readjust to continue shooting....it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!
Rupert, if only you weren't on the other side of the country, I could hire you as a 'wardrobe assistant' (assuming I could pay you in burgers and beer). But alas, I guess I have to do everything myself...
05-11-2013, 09:07 AM - 2 Likes   #3012
Veteran Member

Not posted in this thread before and not doing much photography for various reasons. I picked up a 2nd hand X100 just to take some wee snaps at work - three or four below of the 'office'. Not a bad place to work.

05-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #3013
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mark lj Quote
Not a bad place to work.
Very nice work! Beautiful scenery. Beats my office, I look out and see dozens of fat squirrels.

Regards!
05-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #3014
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mark lj Quote
Not posted in this thread before and not doing much photography for various reasons. I picked up a 2nd hand X100 just to take some wee snaps at work - three or four below of the 'office'. Not a bad place to work.
Sweet shots.
05-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #3015
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sping was very late this year (although not as late as some countries) so there's still plenty of blossom on the trees. When I was walking my dog last night, the light was perfect, the sky a perfect blue with little fluffy clouds (hmm hmm) and I passed a bunch of cherry trees in full bloom. I thought to myself "I'm going to come back here tomorrow with camera". Tip: if you see the perfect photo op, don't wait until tomorrow.

This morning was a different matter. The sky was a featureless, leaden grey. So rubbish, in fact, that it even managed to make cherry blossom look meh. So I used a wall as a background instead (all photographs taken with the Fujinon 60mm F2.4 at F5.6 and 1/250):

If you're going to have stuff all over drive, you can do a lot worse than this:

On the way home, I snapped a few things that grabbed my attention. No idea what they are. Given that I clearly like photographing flowers, I really should brush up on my plant identification.

I didn't notice the wildlife in the above until I got home. Bonus. A couple more:

When I got home I went out into the garden and got some pictures that I was really quite pleased with (these are all at F8).

Saxifrage is looking good:

I do like a nice bush (and guess who's just discovered the vignette tool in Lightroom):

Finally, not even I can take a rubbish picture of a bluebell:

Last edited by top-quark; 05-11-2013 at 05:39 PM.