Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #3211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks for the kind words Frank! You know you are always tops on my list of skilled shooters, and these are more proof of why you are.
I also admire that you are always trying new cameras and getting the best out of them. It provides us with some great experience we can't all participate in directly.

I'm the least of the Fuji shooters here, with my little Toy Camera X20, but you can bet I'm not least at having fun! I take it everywhere, and though seldom get any fantastic shots ( My shots of Lacie were pretty decent!) I enjoy it immensely. That has to count for something!

Best Regards
Rupert

QuoteOriginally posted by mark lj Quote
Some excellent portraits in there Frank
Thanks Rupert and Mark for your kind words. And sorry for the late reply. I was out traveling w/ the family for two weeks, no internet, no phone calls, just me and the family, and a lot of good food and walk about in Beijing China Came back w/ over two thousand photos, all taken by XE1+1855 kit lens

Will post some when time comes. Now going back to work, a lot things to catch up due to the long break ...

06-17-2013, 05:49 AM   #3212
Veteran Member

Hey guys I joined this club with acquisition of a used X10, so far I am loving the image quality and the range finder shooting style.

One question though, how do you guys find the battery capacity? I had a fully charged battery at the beginning of the day yesterday, took around 100 RAW+JPG image, and about 3mins of full HD footage and the battery died on me... is this normal? Of course there are a bit of chimping and poking around the menu for options, but I thought it should be better than this.
06-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #3213
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Hey guys I joined this club with acquisition of a used X10, so far I am loving the image quality and the range finder shooting style.

One question though, how do you guys find the battery capacity? I had a fully charged battery at the beginning of the day yesterday, took around 100 RAW+JPG image, and about 3mins of full HD footage and the battery died on me... is this normal? Of course there are a bit of chimping and poking around the menu for options, but I thought it should be better than this.
First.....Post some photos in this thread, we are in dire need of more X10/X20 shooters here! The Big Boys get all the attention and kick dirt on our Toy Cameras!

Battery on the X10/X20 is notorious for a short life when shooting. I always carry a spare battery. They are cheap, small and solve the problem for me. I also keep my battery topped off regularly. You can do this with lithium without a problem.

Yes indeed! The X10 is a joy to use...go use it and post here!

Regards!
06-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #3214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
First.....Post some photos in this thread, we are in dire need of more X10/X20 shooters here! The Big Boys get all the attention and kick dirt on our Toy Cameras!

Battery on the X10/X20 is notorious for a short life when shooting. I always carry a spare battery. They are cheap, small and solve the problem for me. I also keep my battery topped off regularly. You can do this with lithium without a problem.

Yes indeed! The X10 is a joy to use...go use it and post here!

Regards!
lol Rupert I am still in the testing stage, gotta get use to the setting and control of this thing first, I just ordered 2 replacement batteries(3rd party) and a leather case for it on ebay, maybe I will have to get a larger SD card for it as well, because I am using my old 15MB/S 8GB Sandisk antique in it and it only gives me around 300 RAW+JPG, I know the JPG engine in the X10 is very good but I still prefer to have the raw file to play with. Once I am actually start using this little cam I will be able to contribute to this thread

06-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #3215

Photos: Albums
A very interesting article on the X100s.

Fuji x100s Follow Up Review :: Life Without DSLRs • Photography By Zack Arias
06-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #3216
Veteran Member

Well, I received my new X-E1 with 18-55 a few days ago.and these are my first posts here...........this is a special camera in my estimation

06-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #3217
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
Well, I received my new X-E1 with 18-55 a few days ago.and these are my first posts here...........this is a special camera in my estimation
A lot like how pre-carbon fiber floor beams on a commercial airliner is constructed. Upper/lower cords, web, stiffeners and doublers.

06-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #3218
Veteran Member

Now that some real detail there along with great colors and balance - just beautiful!
06-18-2013, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #3219
Veteran Member

thanks stan..........I'm so excited with the X-E1 that I ordered the Fuji 14mm lens yesterday.
06-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #3220
Veteran Member

thanks stan..........I'm so excited with the X-E1 that I ordered the Fuji 14mm lens yesterday.
I've seen nothing but great results with the "kit" lens - shouldn't even really call it that. I can just imagine what the 14mm prime will do for you.

I came very close to going the same route as you, but the lack of a deep grip turned me away because of my hands.

Looking forward to more of your work!
06-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #3221
Veteran Member

Stan,

Thanks again.......
I bought a Really Right Stuff plate with grip..............the plate protects the bottom of the camera and the grip gives a very good hold......
Attached Images

06-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #3222
Veteran Member

Stan,

Thanks again.......
I bought a Really Right Stuff plate with grip..............the plate protects the bottom of the camera and the grip gives a very good hold......
While I can't say I've tried the X-E1, I did try the x100. I did buy a grip for it but it still wasn't enough. In order for me to hold on to a camera, I need a deep grip like the K-5 plus a hand strap sinched up pretty tight.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 04-17-2016 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Removed link to parked URL
06-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #3223
Veteran Member

Yes, I see what you mean, Stan...............keep shooting
06-18-2013, 10:15 AM - 5 Likes   #3224
Veteran Member

Let's try this again....

Here is another one from my trip out to Eastern WA. This a barn and canola field was along a back road just west of Pullman.....beautiful yellows and greens. Shot two images with my X100 and stitched in PS.

06-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #3225
Veteran Member

abieleck - Looks good