06-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #3241
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Like that Ben - cracking tones as well.

06-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #3242
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Caught this guy coming out last night as I went to turn off my shop lights. I tried to get him with my K5 and 105 Kiron 2.5 Macro MF but it was too dark, even holding a LED flashlight I couldn't get a good focus.
Went back in and got the Toy Camera and set it on Pro Low Light, an amazingly good setting (Thanks Fuji!) and managed to get a few decent shots of his "coming out party".
X20
[IMG] [/IMG]

I hear these are all over the East Coast this year? We have very few this year but had millions a couple of years back....

Some old K20D shots of one coming out in 2010, a year we had so many.
[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

Whew! I made it! It was tough being underground all those years!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
06-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #3243

Photos: Albums
"Some Benches Are Luckier Than Others"

"Joey Is A Punk. The Other Guy Is Just A Dude With a Ramones T-shirt."

"Light. Painting."
06-23-2013, 10:30 AM - 2 Likes   #3244

Photos: Gallery
I just bought an X100 off of the pentax marketplace here and received it last monday and absolutely love it! I was the best man in a wedding on friday and while I lugged my K-5 and DA*55/Tamron 10-24 along this little thing fits almost comfortably in my pocket and surprised the heck out of me and the rest of the bridal party. This is a LINK to the facebook album from that, but for the more interesting stuff I love taking it with me in my golf bag or just out and about:

06-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #3245
Veteran Member

Lazy Sunday afternoon, hot & humid, a full belly...time to relax and hang out a while.

X20
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
06-23-2013, 05:40 PM - 1 Like   #3246
Veteran Member

I spent most of last week up in Portland. I brought my X100 as well as my Bronica S2 for the trip.
Here are some of my X100 pics.

More images to come.
06-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #3247
Veteran Member

For those suffering squirrel nostalgia, another one I got later today with the X20 using the SR setting. Heavy crop, shot at about 10-12 feet away.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Squirrels don't like small cameras, it smarts their dignity to be shot with anything less than a Bigma.

Regards!

Never got an answer...is it Colton, Cotton, or Swift? I can use all three at once or rotate them on a regular basis if you prefer?

06-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #3248
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Never got an answer...is it Colton, Cotton, or Swift? I can use all three at once or rotate them on a regular basis if you prefer?
Sorry Rupert, I missed your original question.
You can use Colton, but not Cotton
06-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #3249
Veteran Member

I like the truck .....tried one like that a while back and failed to get what I wanted. The painter is excellent.....the difference between a photographer and an ordinary snapper like me!

Colton it is!.....where did Cotton come from? A mistake?, or just available to close friends? If it is only for close friends, you can call me Mr Jim instead of Rupert......fair enough?

While I have your attention, do you have an opinion on the new M-X1? I would suspect that you are also one that feels a camera needs a viewfinder not just an LCD......is that correct? Sure is a nice looking camera, makes my eyes pop...but I do need a viewfinder here in the very bright light.

Regards!
06-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #3250
Veteran Member

Filters for X10?

So I'm assembling an X10 kit for my son's birthday gift. I've got most everything I need but the size of filters needed.

Do I need to buy an adapter like with the X100? I just want to give him a CPL to get him started..........
06-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #3251
Veteran Member

GD- Just got a link from Amazon this morning for X20 hoods and while clicking around it came across this.
Amazon.com: Marumi 40mm 40 DHG CPL MC Slim Filter for Fuji X10 made in Japan: Camera & Photo

The link Amazon sent me.... I might buy the silver hood for my X20.
Amazon.com: Rainbowimaging Silver 4-in-1 Accessory kit, Metal Lens Hood + Silver Metal Adapter with EBC Coating Filter + Lens Cap + Microfiber cleaning cloth for Fujifilm X20 & X10 Camera, replaces Fujifilm LHF-X20: Camera & Photo

Currently, I am using the black hood on my X20 with a 52 mm CP installed in the hood. It works well outside, but the CP mounted on the lens would be better by far. I think I may buy one.
Regards
06-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #3252
Veteran Member

Thanks Rupert, I'll check it out
06-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #3253
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I like the truck .....tried one like that a while back and failed to get what I wanted. The painter is excellent.....the difference between a photographer and an ordinary snapper like me!

Colton it is!.....where did Cotton come from? A mistake?, or just available to close friends? If it is only for close friends, you can call me Mr Jim instead of Rupert......fair enough?

While I have your attention, do you have an opinion on the new M-X1? I would suspect that you are also one that feels a camera needs a viewfinder not just an LCD......is that correct? Sure is a nice looking camera, makes my eyes pop...but I do need a viewfinder here in the very bright light.

Regards!
Thanks Rupert.
I'm not sure where Cotton came from, although my bank once sent me a whole box of checks with Cotton Allen printed on them.

My friend has an MX-1 and from what I know, it's a superb camera. AFAK, it's essentially an Oly XZ-2 minus an EVF port. With the tilting LCD, a viewfinder isn't really needed.
I doubt it would surpass your X20 though.
06-24-2013, 03:32 PM - 4 Likes   #3254
Veteran Member

Photo of a farm just west of Portland, shot with my X100

06-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #3255

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mark lj Quote
Like that Ben - cracking tones as well.
Thank you, Sir!