Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
08-03-2013, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #3406
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought for sure you guys would love my little lovely model, Ava? Then I realized, you guys haven't had any good food for ages! My apologies, I know it's hard to post when you are hungry enough to eat nails!
X20
[IMG] [/IMG]

I do the cooking here, Mrs Rupert works every day...and buys me things! She hates cooking, I love it!

We mostly eat very healthy stuff....always a veggie salad, followed by the main entree, usually a low fat low calorie small dish, then always a fruit salad with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, sprinkled with whole almonds or cashews, topped with low fat topping, a cherry, and sometimes a little dark chocolate syrup on mine....Mrs Rupert likes that rich chocolate that forms a hard shell, but it is high in fat and calories, so I never use it on mine. V8 juice, sometimes a glass of red wine, and ice tea with lemon and no sugar. Cheese......I forgot the cheese, I always use a few chunks of sharp cheddar on the salads....protein!....and great taste!

Beats nails! Enjoy!
X20
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!

08-03-2013, 01:33 PM - 2 Likes   #3407
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some random shots walking around the first night of our big summer music festival, Musikfest.

Some of the stages are in the shadow of the ancient blast furnaces of the old Bethlehem Steel works.

Local media interviewing... someone that needed interiewing apparently

A modern dance troupe

08-04-2013, 04:49 AM - 3 Likes   #3408
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some scenes while kayaking around Port Gardner in the Puget Sound with the XP1 and 18-55mm.

Last edited by tuco; 08-06-2013 at 11:13 PM.
08-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #3409
Pentaxian

Original Poster
These were posted all over. Someone's all fired up for Ash.

08-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #3410
Veteran Member

X20+ PhotoScape Two different shoes....I hear it's the new style nowadays?

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]
08-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #3411
Veteran Member

Tuco,
I would think in the fire fighting business, the less ash, the better
08-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #3412
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
Tuco,
I would think in the fire fighting business, the less ash, the better
No doubt.

08-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #3413
Veteran Member

I have been doing a lot of hiking/traveling the last month or so with trips to Olympic NP, Jefferson Park in OR and a trip back to MN for wedding last week. Been keeping up with the thread on the go, but looking forward to posting a few of my own

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Some scenes while kayaking around Port Gardner in the Puget Sound with the XP1 and 18-55mm.
Looks like a fun kayak tour with some cool ship ruins. I have friends that did an organized tour up in your neck of the woods, and I always see a few kayaks our near Deception Point. Never been myself, but it's on the list. Great framing and colors as always. That neon green moss is nuts.

QuoteOriginally posted by junyo Quote
Some of the stages are in the shadow of the ancient blast furnaces of the old Bethlehem Steel works.
Great spot for a music venue! Were they playing heavy metal?
08-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #3414
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, @abieleck.

I noticed Rupert started a UFO story thread. Sorry, Rupert, I have no UFO stories. But I have photographic evidence that isn't out of focus of the Puget Sound Monster. Well, evidence of what it did to ships, anyway.

The gashes in the hull of this vessel are from the monster's long, sharp tentacles. They could snap timber from the side of a ship like dried twigs crushing under the weight of your foot. Tentacles snaking their way through the hull, lashing onto terrified sailors and tossing them into the frigid, white-cap sea with the inevitable fate of meeting Davy Jones' Locker.

Last edited by tuco; 08-06-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Sp
08-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #3415
Veteran Member

Did they look like giant squirrels?

Read the latest story in that thread by Jsherman999, it's a great story. Funny how fast we are to buy into the "unknown", conspiracies, and the "mysterious". Otis is already spreading copies of your photo and telling stories of how giant squirrels once ruled the seas of the world. Little squirrels are sitting wide-eyed taking in every word.......

Regards!
08-07-2013, 09:57 PM - 1 Like   #3416
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A sad sight I came across. I really felt bad for the little guy. I took some time to get him off the road.

XP1, 18-55mm

08-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #3417
Veteran Member

That was decent of you Tuco.......He doesn't appear to have died of any trauma, it would have been nice to have cut him open to see if he died of a wiring overdose? It happens.........
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
08-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #3418
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That was decent of you Tuco.......He doesn't appear to have died of any trauma, it would have been nice to have cut him open to see if he died of a wiring overdose? It happens.........

Regards!
Dang. That sucks.
08-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #3419
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
A sad sight I came across. I really felt bad for the little guy. I took some time to get him off the road.
Sad photo, but excellent capture none the less.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It happens.........
Don't tell me that is Mrs. Ruperts new ride! My parents have squirrels all over the place, chewing up plants, herb boxes, garden hoses, trash cans ect. My dad has started a catch and release with them. Not sure what he uses for a trap, but he gets those little buggers in and drives them two towns over to let them out in the woods. He is retiring soon.....glad to know that he has something to keep him busy
08-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #3420
Veteran Member

I'm visualizing tuco, down on his hands and knees getting a close up of a dead squirrel............