Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
08-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #3421
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
I'm visualizing tuco, down on his hands and knees getting a close up of a dead squirrel............
Yep.

Interesting, though, my prior picture of that dead crab on the beach did not draw any emotion from me. But the squirrel did.

08-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #3422
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Interesting, though, my prior picture of that dead crab on the beach did not draw any emotion from me. But the squirrel did.
Do you like to eat crab? Im guessing there isn't a whole lot of squirrel hitting your plate.....maybe that is the difference, you take a predatory look at the crab. Maybe it's Ruperts affinity for the cute furry rodents that has rubbed off on you
08-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #3423
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Don't tell me that is Mrs. Ruperts new ride!
No, if it was there would be an abundance of dead squirrels here for Tuco to photograph! Seems they prefer Jeep wiring, seriously. They have never touched any of the other vehicles. I am wiping down my wiring on the Jeep every few days with peppermint oil...they say squirrels hate the aroma. However, Otis took his crew out to eat the other night and when he came in they were all eating those little peppermint after dinner mints....sort of makes me wonder?

I can't see crabs having much personality...but I see every squirrel around here with a distinct personality. Also, in some research, I have found that squirrels are among the most intelligent of creatures...in their world, of course. It's hard to look them in their little eyes and picture them on a diner plate. Maybe with some sweet potatoes and gravy?

Regards!
08-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #3424
Veteran Member

Yes, I cringe every time I see one trying to cross a busy street.

Although, I must say, the eye was in perfect focus.

08-08-2013, 02:08 PM - 2 Likes   #3425
Veteran Member

Here are some of my recent X100 shots.

08-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #3426
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Nice ones. I really like the second one, it is a classic example of your view of things.
David
08-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #3427
Veteran Member

Yes, nice ones, nice colors too. What car is that in the last one.....I like it!
Regards!

08-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #3428
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
What car is that in the last one
That's a Corvair - maybe there weren't any in Texas?
08-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #3429
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Really nice set of photos. Something about the second one really catches my eye.....nice composition.

Is that a movie in the park near the St. Johns Bridge?
08-09-2013, 09:08 AM - 4 Likes   #3430
Veteran Member

Recently my girlfriend and I spent 5 days in Olympic National Park doing some backpacking/camping. First day we went up to Hurricane Ridge and from there hiked up to Hurricane Hill. I saw this little guy perusing around snacking on some greens/wildflowers on a ridge right before sunset. I walked real slow his way, he let me get get about 15 feet from him and frame him in front of the mountains. I made a little click sound, he turned up to look and struck the perfect pose. Shot with my X100.

08-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #3431
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Recently my girlfriend and I spent 5 days in Olympic National Park doing some backpacking/camping. First day we went up to Hurricane Ridge and from there hiked up to Hurricane Hill. I saw this little guy perusing around snacking on some greens/wildflowers on a ridge right before sunset. I walked real slow his way, he let me get get about 15 feet from him and frame him in front of the mountains. I made a little click sound, he turned up to look and struck the perfect pose. Shot with my X100.
Nice. I've been there several times.
08-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #3432
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Nice ones. I really like the second one, it is a classic example of your view of things.
David
Thanks David

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yes, nice ones, nice colors too. What car is that in the last one.....I like it!
Regards!
Thanks Rupert. It's a 65 Chevy Corvair.

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
That's a Corvair - maybe there weren't any in Texas?
Good eye.

Really nice set of photos. Something about the second one really catches my eye.....nice composition.

Is that a movie in the park near the St. Johns Bridge?
Thanks Aaron.
That was the first showing of the 2013 "Trek In The Park", a live action play of Star Trek.
08-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #3433
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lilies at NYBG

I wanted to post, from the go to Fuji.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
08-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #3434
Veteran Member

Absolutely stunning image!
08-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #3435
Veteran Member

Gorgeous shot! .....It's a shame that all I get is those damn squirrels, not even a mountain behind them, just some old trees and maybe a squirrel feeder.

Regards!

Tomorrow night is Roller Derby night again! I bet you guys can't wait to see what I get this time!