Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
08-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #3511
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
By my calculations that means that your Pentax 6x7 would weigh roughly 72 lbs on your climb up Rainier
And I didn't whine and complain about it either. The tripod stayed behind on my hiking trips.

08-29-2013, 10:54 PM - 3 Likes   #3512

Photos: Albums
Some pictures shot at a car show last Saturday, all X100s and all shot in JPEG and edited in Lightroom 3.

And of course, a car show isn't a car show without a pinup contest.

08-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #3513
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Into The Lens Quote
Some pictures shot at a car show last Saturday, all X100s and all shot in JPEG and edited in Lightroom 3.

And of course, a car show isn't a car show without a pinup contest.
Really nice series. I think I'll be hitting up the car show I went to last year again this fall.

I ran into a guy at a wedding reception this weekend that had a X100s. He let me snap a few shots. I must say the focus felt better than my XP1 even with its incremental improvements.
08-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #3514
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Enjoyed the cars, some nice cars and nice shooting!

Tuco, my X20 is very fast at focus, whatever they did, they got it right.

Regards!

08-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #3515

Thanks guys. I love Fuji's X series so much I'm considering switching entirely from Pentax to Fuji X system ― the X-Pro1 system actually paired with the X100s as a second camera (or wait a few months to see what Fuji comes up with to replace the X-Pro1). It's not that I don't like Pentax or any DSLR ― I absolutely love my K-5 ― it's just that I find myself using the X100s a lot more when I "happen" to have it with me. I'm having a lot more fun with it too. I used it at least 95% of the time I was at the car show. I took less pictures with the X100s than with the K-5 on that day but it stayed in my hands almost the whole day. I only used the K-5 to shoot the band of one of my friends and ended taking more concert shots with the K-5 in just a few minutes than I did with the X100s in the whole day. The benefits of the X series is the space and the weight. Like I said, for most of the day I was at the car show, I had the X100s in my hand or around my neck/shoulder and had to carry the weight of the K-5, a 50-135mm and a 31mm lens for almost nothing. My back can't take this anymore and I very much dislike backpack type camera bags. So... that's pretty much where I'm at at the moment.
08-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #3516

Bought X-E1 as my second camera. Finding its like going back to my days with my ME super. Might end up my primary. With adapter, able to shoot with my Pentax Limited Primes. Here is one from the State Fair yesterday.

08-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #3517
Veteran Member

I had to rest a good while after viewing Tuco's shots on that mountain. There was a time I could do it, but it was long ago! Very nice shooting, just the fact that you were there shooting is a tribute to your shooting and adventuresome devotion.

I know my limitations, unfortunately. I'm in good shape for my age, and need to stay that way as long as I can, so I'll stick to the dangers I face in my own territory with the multitude of critters that roam here.

Original B/W out of the X20
[IMG] [/IMG]

A DXO Film Pak3 rendition......I think it's better, but mostly because I didn't get the original just right in shooting it.
[IMG] [/IMG]

I see you guys love your X cameras (Nice shot Joseph!) and generally prefer them over anything else. I like that, you all do some very nice work, but don't "orphan out" my little X20 or the X10...we love our X cameras too, and although we don't get the fantastic results you guys get...we do pretty good for such tiny sensors and have a ton of fun doing it! Generally, on X10/X20 specific forums, the word fun is commonly used....because they are very fun cameras!

Regards!

08-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #3518

Here's the rest of the car show series, all shot with the X100s of course.

And the winners are...

08-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #3519
Veteran Member

More interesting shots, love the B/W ...from the camera or the processing? For some reason that last shot reminds me of our local "Melon Festival"........we haves some large melons in this area.

Regards!
08-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #3520

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
For some reason that last shot reminds me of our local "Melon Festival"........we haves some large melons in this area.
LOL!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
More interesting shots, love the B/W ...from the camera or the processing?
The B&W were shot in JPEG B&W and the colors shot in JPEG color (obviously!).
08-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #3521
Veteran Member

Ben, the X100 does wonderful B/W shooting! Nice rich depth!

This is the tiniest of the group, he fits inside the squirrel feeder as he robs it. Like all of them, I can get very close, and with the X20, even zooming, you need to be close. Just guessed at the composition, pitch black, couldn't see a damn thing except the dim focus light of the X20. When it locks, you fire, and hope you get something! Sort of like fly fishing!

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
09-01-2013, 04:10 PM - 2 Likes   #3522
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another from the handy camera. The X10 goes everywhere, then it is just does another camera come, too... From the NY Botanic Garden...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
09-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #3523
Veteran Member

Jac----very nice! I hate to say this, and it might rub some the wrong way, but I was looking through my X10 and X20 galleries yesterday, and I actually prefer the X10 shots over my X20. I think the EXR sensor is the reason.......and if you are not printing large and mostly posting on the web, I do believe the X10 is superior. Of course, the faster AF and other features of the X20 are wonderful, but for just pure IQ, I still love the X10 best. If I could put the X10 sensor in my silver/black X20 body...I think I would do it!

Regards!
09-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #3524
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks. I like that silver body, too. I will take the K-30 on a trip next week, though, maybe with a film body.
09-02-2013, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #3525
Veteran Member

The X20 is a little better at macro shooting, I have noticed. We used to have a lot of toads here, but with the very dry past few years there are only a couple left and they hang around the condensate tube from the AC unit. They love the ice cold water dripping on their backs!

X20
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!