Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #3826
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Abie.....Hope you enjoyed your visit in Texas......we're not all insane radicals here, despite how it might look from outside. Ft Worth is one of the friendliest cities I know....and San Antonio is tops in friendly.

I fudged a little on the girl, you can expect that from a Texan at times. She was Russian and visiting Texas. She spoke perfect English and we enjoyed coffee together and an hour long conversation. Lovely, she was!
Just a tip....no real Texas girl would ever wear boots like she had on! Never!

Mdodrill...Come on over to Ft Worth! Sundance Square is great, and safe night or day! No panhandlers, no trouble, a bicycle cop at every turn. Just a fun place, live music and great food!

Hope to get out this afternoon to pick up a beer for tonight. I like those you guys posted, both better than I will post by a mile no doubt. Tuco, that sounds like my kind of beer, some real kick to it!

Regards!

11-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #3827

Tuco....you are playing with major league stuff in Double Arrogant Bastard. If you are ever in Dayton Ohio look up Boston's Bistro and Pub. It is the multiple times winner of the most Arrogant pub in the USA for selling the most during the annual contest week
11-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #3828
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mdodrill Quote
Tuco....you are playing with major league stuff in Double Arrogant Bastard. If you are ever in Dayton Ohio look up Boston's Bistro and Pub. It is the multiple times winner of the most Arrogant pub in the USA for selling the most during the annual contest week
Well do.
11-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #3829
Veteran Member

Damn it! I made it to the Convenience Store yesterday, had a friend go with me so I could use my walker and get a beer for Beer Friday.....it was drizzling and cold, but I was determined. Last night I was apparently tired from the outing, fell asleep early and forgot all about shooting.....
I am gong to post it tonight and pretend it is Friday.......being old, being Rupert, and being with a broken foot, you guys can just overlook the facts and pretend you don't notice!

Regards!

EDIT: I am tied up watching some football tonight, so Friday night might end up coming tomorrow.......I sure that will work for you guys?

Last edited by Rupert; 11-23-2013 at 06:32 PM.
11-24-2013, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #3830
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A hike around Suntop Lookout this weekend. It hasn't snowed for a week and the snow on the ground was real crusty and icy. The city car wimped out and we walked to the trail head.

The trail was not too interesting view-wise so after a few miles headed back to the top of Suntop Lookout. In the summer you can drive to the top. But a gate about a 1/2 mile from the top blocks it in the winter.

The lookout is locked up for the winter. You can get on a waiting list and spend the night in there during the summer months. The dogs's feet were a little too tender for walking on the ice and started to bleed. So he got a free ride back to the car.

A view of Mt. Rainier from Suntop Lookout. Some years from now those trees will block a lot of the view when they get bigger.

XP1, 18-55mm

11-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #3831
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
And for a buck more you can keep the glass. I opted for that option. But they had a scam going on. After drinking a few of those 11.2 per centers and wolfing down a pizza, I forgot about the glass when I left. So now they get to sell it twice.
Cheeky bastards....that's a strong brew for sure. We went to an IPA fest once that has some 10%+ beers....they hit hard and fast. Keeps the bar tab low though.

A hike around Suntop Lookout this weekend. It hasn't snowed for a week and the snow on the ground was real crusty and icy. The city car wimped out and we walked to the trail head.
Nice set of photos. That photo with the dog in the backpack is funny. Glad he was small enough to fit in there, or it would have been an unpleasant walk back to the trailhead for him. Great view of Rainier....for now

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I am tied up watching some football tonight, so Friday night might end up coming tomorrow.......I sure that will work for you guys?
I would never complain about a beer shot....even if it isn't Friday
11-24-2013, 07:53 PM - 1 Like   #3832
Veteran Member

Tuco...Nice tour with you there, although too cold for my blood! Too cold here too, we had a cold front hit and it is in the low 30s....far too cold for me. I do appreciate a man that will rescue a doggie in need as you did, it is highly commendable.

Abie......I have the beer, but it is too damn cold to be drinking it tonight. Here is proof I have a beer!

Don't know about your area, but here we have a lot of Mexican beers. Some are decent. I got this 24 oz bottle on sale for $1.29. It is a fairly popular brand, and not bad at all from past experience. When I lived in Mexico briefly, back in the early 70s, the local brands were very good but you never see them here, only the major brands get imported. Most of those local brands were 8-10% and a little darker than the imports.

Regards!

It sure doesn't seem like Friday night, but I guess it is!

11-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #3833
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Winter is here...

Pat
11-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #3834
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Nice set of photos. That photo with the dog in the backpack is funny. Glad he was small enough to fit in there, or it would have been an unpleasant walk back to the trailhead for him. Great view of Rainier....for now
Thanks. Just before the Suntop turnoff, there is a "scenic view" pull-over. Maybe 50 years ago it was scenic but today there is a wall of trees and you can't see a thing.

Tuco...Nice tour with you there, although too cold for my blood! Too cold here too...
Thanks, Rupert. Welcome to the cold front party! Just be thankful it only happens now and then way down there yonder.
11-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #3835
Veteran Member

Thanks. Just before the Suntop turnoff, there is a "scenic view" pull-over. Maybe 50 years ago it was scenic but today there is a wall of trees and you can't see a thing.
Stupid nature.....always getting the way of other nature. Can't we just cut down those trees to see the mountain?
11-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #3836
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Stupid nature.....always getting the way of other nature. Can't we just cut down those trees to see the mountain?
I was thinking more of the planning of these view points. The people making them are not thinking of what it will be like later.
11-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #3837
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Tuco...Nice tour with you there, although too cold for my blood! Too cold here too, we had a cold front hit and it is in the low 30s....far too cold for me. I do appreciate a man that will rescue a doggie in need as you did, it is highly commendable.

Abie......I have the beer, but it is too damn cold to be drinking it tonight. Here is proof I have a beer!

Don't know about your area, but here we have a lot of Mexican beers. Some are decent. I got this 24 oz bottle on sale for $1.29. It is a fairly popular brand, and not bad at all from past experience. When I lived in Mexico briefly, back in the early 70s, the local brands were very good but you never see them here, only the major brands get imported. Most of those local brands were 8-10% and a little darker than the imports.

Regards!

It sure doesn't seem like Friday night, but I guess it is!

Cheaper than water in NYC... Did good!
11-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #3838
Veteran Member

I was thinking more of the planning of these view points. The people making them are not thinking of what it will be like later.
Ha, yeah I agree....just attempting to be facetious It's always cool to see some old photos from a certain spot/viewpoint and see how much things have changed. But like you said, views like the one at Suntop Lookout will still be nice, but without the grand impact that they have now.
11-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #3839
Veteran Member

Reminds me ....years back I had a plumbing job that required access under the rear portion of the home. I sent a helper back there to remove the underpinning so we could get to the problem area. In a little while I got my gear together and headed out back, where the helper had cut down some very lovely Japanese ornamental shrubs that were "in his way". Needless to say, the homeowner got to give a large bill to the plumber...and the helper got fired.
Regards!
11-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #3840
Veteran Member

Happy Thanksgiving guys/girls! If you are traveling, be safe. Eat plenty and take a few shots of it all if you can.

Regards!