Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
12-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #3856
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
First post with my Fuji X-E2 and 14mm
That sounds like a lethal combo, nice photos and cool salt lamp. Noticing a big difference between the X-E1 and X-E2?

12-04-2013, 03:29 AM - 2 Likes   #3857
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bit of B&W and some colourful shots:

20131130 - 003 Fujifilm Instax Mini

20131130 - 002

20131130 - 004
12-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #3858
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
That sounds like a lethal combo, nice photos and cool salt lamp. Noticing a big difference between the X-E1 and X-E2?
Yes, the XE2 is a big step forward

Here's a crop of the salt lamp image (XE2 and 18-55)

12-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #3859
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Bit of B&W and some colourful shots:
That definitely is some color. Curious where the checked shot is....dance floor or something?

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
Yes, the XE2 is a big step forward

That's what I've heard/read, but haven't been able to handle it. I was debating the X Pro 1 vs X-E1....now with the X-E2 in the mix.....

Here's a crop of the salt lamp image (XE2 and 18-55)

12-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #3860
Veteran Member

Great shots guys, should be getting my X-Pro 1 in a week or 2, total saving of around £1100!

Couple of the Bahrain Souq.

Been having a play with the Nik collection demo.

Cheers, Steve
12-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #3861
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Pop- I do love the vivid colors in that last shot! Fantasia!

Steve- Still turning out fine shots with the X10, hope you can do as well with the X-Pro, it should be interesting!

GD-I like those, but what is a salt lamp? So are you a happy man with the X-E2? I'm still interested in that camera, but am holding out until my foot heals to make any decisions.

Abie-I may make it up your way some day, but for sure I will do the Cornish Hens. It's a great recipe, and involves beer! All I need is some decent weather and a healed foot!

The dark parts in the circle are the breaks, along with a few others on the other side and on top there is a little nick out of the talus bone.....Supposedly they are coming together nicely....I'll know more next week when I get the new X-rays and exam. I'd love to be hobbling around for Christmas!

Regards!
12-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #3862
Veteran Member

Hi Rupert,
What model Fuji did you use to take your ankle pic?

A salt lamp is a large hunk of natural salt about 12 inches high. It's hollowed out and a regular light bulb placed inside...............we have one in our bedroom and my wife drapes some necklaces over it...........Last week my wife was telling me that the grandmother of a good friend of hers had just passed. I looked over at the lamp and saw the cross necklace and decided it needed an image captured. We plan to send the photo with our condolence card.
Dave

12-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #3863
Veteran Member

Interesting GD, I guess the salt is a great insulator for the hot bulb too?
I used the X-ray setting from the Q Menu on my X20...works pretty good!

Regards!
12-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #3864
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Take that X-ray camera of yours to the beach, Rupert.
12-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #3865
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

X Ray Specs?

As my infrared thermography class wandered the school halls familiarizing ourselves with our cameras
others in the building gave us a wide berth.
Some of the ladies wouldn't use the bathroom. I guess they figured we could see through the walls.

In my ultrasound class traffic driving by on the state highway slowed thinking we were using radar guns.

Chris
12-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #3866
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Supposedly they are coming together nicely....I'll know more next week when I get the new X-rays and exam. I'd love to be hobbling around for Christmas!
Yeah hopefully you're good to go sooner than later.

My buddy is a radiology tech, one night after hours we brought some items in to Xray including a few camera bodies. I have the x-rays at home, maybe I will bring them in for scanning/posting.
12-05-2013, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #3867
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Take that X-ray camera of yours to the beach, Rupert.
Tuco, you may be a lot younger than me, but when I was a kid all the Comic books had ads for those X-Ray glasses in the back pages. You could supposedly see right through clothes........we all wanted to get a pair but didn't have enough cash. A little later in life, I learned you may not want to see everything...sometimes a dark room is a blessing!

Regards!
12-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #3868
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
That definitely is some color. Curious where the checked shot is....dance floor or something?
You're right, it's a dance floor, but it's in the National Gallery of Victoria, an art museum. Here's a description of the piece:

QuoteQuote:
Darren Sylvester’s multidisciplinary practice reflects upon the tropes and conventions of consumer culture, advertising, pop music and cinema, appropriating international products as ‘readymades’ as a way of considering how we are shaped and affected by branding. For you is an illuminated dance floor that appropriates current make up palettes offered by Yves Saint Laurent, colours ‘proven’ by market research to appear flattering on the widest cross-section of people. Shy dancers should not fear – everyone looks good on this dance floor.
-source

Picked this up last night: Fuji lens, shot with a Fuji camera (X-E1) + Fuji lens (60/2.4):

20131206 - 001 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4R
12-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #3869
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Picked this up last night: Fuji lens, shot with a Fuji camera (X-E1) + Fuji lens (60/2.4):
Nice photo of the new 23mm....looking forward to some photos with it. I have a X100, I love that focal length.
12-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #3870
Veteran Member

You know what day it is.....Beer Friday! We tried this beer on Thanksgiving after our meal....really tasty. Here's the beers exif info

Availability: 10/15 - 2/1
ABV: 7.8%
IBU: 50
Style: Stout
Hops: Summit
Malts: 2-Row Pale, Dark Chocolate, Melanoidin, Black Roasted Barley

"An underlying sweetness from the addition of Oregon-grown cherries, including the Royal Anne variety, balances the roasty notes of chocolate and coffee in this deep, dark stout."

Photo with my X100