Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2013, 03:57 PM - 2 Likes   #3931
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice photos everyone!

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This is from earlier this week when I was up in St. Johns.
I was up in that area this weekend. I got a big plate of BBQ at Podnah's, but not too much for photos.

Here is one from a foggy day last week up on Marquam Hill. Seemed like the whole city was socked in, but especially OHSU which is a few hundred feet higher. Oddly, I was the only one walking around taking photos Here you can see the PDX aerial tram emerging from the abyss.

12-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #3932
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
The camera gets reset once again to factory defaults. So I had to go through the menu and set the camera up.
It's such an annoyance; IIRC, the previous firmware update or two actually kept all the camera settings, which was pretty good. And now, they've reverted back to the old ways of resetting the camera with the firmware upgrade. But still, it's great to see Fuji releasing new firmware to improve their products and that's very much appreciated.
12-24-2013, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #3933
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Mom's Cherry Pie! Delicious, have a slice! I get one on my birthday and at Christmas!

I couldn't get good exposure in any setting, and flash blew it out too much...so I switched to Pro Low Light...works great for this kind of shot!
X20
She doubled the cherries in this pie, sweet and tart...just perfect with whipped topping!

Regards & Merry Christmas to all here!
12-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #3934
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Looks good, Rupert. Merry xmas and a happy new year to you and everyone!

12-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #3935
Veteran Member

Nadelik Lowen ha Blydhen Nowydh Da!

(Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for the non-Cornish speaking...)

Rupert that pie looks ace!

Merry Christmas to any Armed Forces deployed over the festive period, it’s harsh being away at this time. I’m one of them!

Cheers, Steve
12-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #3936
Veteran Member

A sunny Christmas day here in Texas, chilly but warming up rapidly. The kind of weather I like for Christmas day...and hope each of you gets your kind of weather on this day as well as all you want to eat and all the friends and family around you that you desire.

Happy squirrels here early this morning...looked like roasted peanuts raining from the sky!
Regards!
12-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #3937
Veteran Member

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have what you love to eat/drink/and of course photograph. Most have my photos thus far have been of the beer/food variety. Pie looks great Rupert! Mrs Rupert took her piece, and the rest is for you?

Steve, I don't recognize the language...but I hope you have a great holiday wherever you are serving.

Looking forward to the coming holiday themed photos!

12-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #3938
Veteran Member

On Christmas day I was able to drive the little TT and take Mrs Rupert out to dinner at Burger King (about all that was open here). We went for a long drive in the country on some winding roads that the TT loves, and enjoyed the bright sunny day.
I walked into Burger King (very slow and with some distinct pain-but I did it without a crutch or walker!!) and that made a great day for me.
I was so excited about getting out that I forgot my X20, something I almost never do! I took some gorgeous shots out in the countryside....unfortunately they were all in my head!

Best Regards!
12-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #3939
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
On Christmas day I was able to drive the little TT and take Mrs Rupert out to dinner at Burger King (about all that was open here). We went for a long drive in the country on some winding roads that the TT loves, and enjoyed the bright sunny day.
I walked into Burger King (very slow and with some distinct pain-but I did it without a crutch or walker!!) and that made a great day for me.
I was so excited about getting out that I forgot my X20, something I almost never do! I took some gorgeous shots out in the countryside....unfortunately they were all in my head!

Best Regards!
So great to hear that you got out! Congratulations, looking up for the New Year, definitely. I'm sure you won't forget the camera next time.
12-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #3940
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
So great to hear that you got out! Congratulations, looking up for the New Year, definitely. I'm sure you won't forget the camera next time.
Thanks Jac! It was wonderful to drive the TT and be able to see the countryside once again! Today I drove my Jeep with a much stiffer clutch and did just fine...got to visit with a few friends and do a little shopping (very little!)
I'm pushing hard to recover, but I feel that I am still at minimum 4-6 weeks away from walking steady with some confidence. One day at a time!

Best Regards!
12-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #3941
Veteran Member

Babysitting my son's dog for a couple of weeks. Her name is Peggy, but I call her Piggy....fits better!

X20 Pro Low Light setting at ISO 3200....works pretty well!

Piggy

Regards!
12-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #3942
Veteran Member

Beer Friday! Doesn't really feel like a Friday with the holiday being on a Wednesday.....but none the less. Holiday themed with our stockings and tiny Charlie Brown Xmas tree.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Her name is Peggy, but I call her Piggy....fits better!
My friend has a pug....funny things is I think they snort more than a pig does.....weird little creatures
12-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #3943
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I always forget beer on Friday! Next week... And I just got notification of a beer supermarket in the town next door, too. Got to work on this. Nice shot!
12-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #3944
Veteran Member

Love the background and colors in that one Abie......you get better every Friday! Was it good?

My True Story- I went out this afternoon and drove my little TT to visit friends and do some shopping, even though I can barely limp along on my foot. I went everywhere and had a list that included a stop for a beer for BF.......but in my excitement to be out and about, I came home with no beer. I could have gone back to town, but by then, my foot was squealing at me to get in and prop it up or cut it off!
So there is my true story......maybe next week...seems like I say that a lot around here!

Regards!

BTW- I could sure use a beer tonight......I think I overdid it today.
12-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #3945
Veteran Member

Well my X10 has gone missing after the Christmas party, teach me to trust others with my gear.... off down the the hotel to see if it’s been handed in, doubt it!

Cheers, Steve