Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #4036
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mark, hope to see more of your X-Pro work here! Nice shots!

Also enjoyed the BF posts! ...and so glad I didn't forget this time...it is still Friday....right??

This may be the best Pale Ale I've had in a long time. Rich malty flavor, just enough bitterness to suit my taste perfectly. Brewed here in Texas by Shiner, one of the more popular breweries in the state, and one of the oldest.

If you are suffering a cracked tooth and a broken foot, I highly recommend a couple of them!
http://www.shiner.com/
X20 -Pro Low Light

Regards!

Forgot: Come back Tuco!

Last edited by Rupert; 01-27-2014 at 06:36 AM. Reason: add link
01-27-2014, 04:50 PM - 1 Like   #4037
Veteran Member

Curved par Daiku San, on ipernity
Fujifilm Finepix X100
01-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #4038
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote

Curved par Daiku San, on ipernity
Fujifilm Finepix X100
Superb image Colton, I really like this one. Great perspective with the focus and curve motion. Nice B&W too--for digital! I'll start working with my 100 this weekend, I need a little time with it.

And Rupert, I will look for that Wild Hare beer at the local suds supermarket.
David
01-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #4039
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mark lj Quote
Sold the X100 and replaced it with the X-Pro1 as the deals were too good. Sold the 18mm as soon as it came through the door, bought a second hand 35 for the same money and sent off for the 60mm.
Very nice portraits. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the XP1 set up.

01-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #4040
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Anyone going to get the new X-T1?
01-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #4041
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Superb image Colton, I really like this one. Great perspective with the focus and curve motion. Nice B&W too--for digital! I'll start working with my 100 this weekend, I need a little time with it.

And Rupert, I will look for that Wild Hare beer at the local suds supermarket.
David
Thanks David.
I look forward to seeing your X100 images.

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
The X-T1 looks pretty sweet.
After using the X100 and my Contax G2, I think I'd get a X-Pro1 before I'd get the X-T1. The hybrid finder is awesome.
01-28-2014, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #4042
Veteran Member

47 Dodge par Daiku San, on ipernity
Fujifilm Finepix X100

01-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #4043
Veteran Member

The X-T1 looks pretty sweet.
After using the X100 and my Contax G2, I think I'd get a X-Pro1 before I'd get the X-T1. The hybrid finder is awesome.
It's definitely an interesting camera that has some of the features I would be looking for.....not sure I could drop the $$$$ for a brand new one though.

It looks to be roughly the same size as the X-E1/E2 adding a little thickness with the grip and height with the faux....good size. I really like addition of the weather/cold resistance and the pivoting screen....not something I would use often as I like looking threw a VF, but it would come in handy. Part of the reason I love my X100 is the simplicity, aside from adding an ISO dial which would be welcomed, it looks pretty simple. My buddy got a Olympus OMD E1....that thing have so many damn buttons/features and sub menus, drives me crazy.

I feel like I will always have a X100 or some version of the 23mm fixed. Love my X100 and how it simplifies my shooting....and I am a fan of the OVF. I recently purchased a X-E1 and some Fuji glass for an up coming trip. I haven't shot with it much just yet, but I know I will put it through its paces....so far I am really happy with the image quality.

The XT1 reminds me a lot of the Olympus EM1, but with a Fuji style (shutter/aperture knobs and dials) that I prefer. I would like the extra ruggedness for backpacking/wet photography, but not sure I could justify the big price tag. Im not one that needs the newest and priciest gear, so I doubt I will acquire one any time soon, but I look forward to seeing some "real world" photos from those in the Fuji world.
01-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #4044
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
It's definitely an interesting camera that has some of the features I would be looking for.....not sure I could drop the $$$$ for a brand new one though.
Yeah in a year from now perhaps better bargains can be had. The less a camera costs, the better it seems to be for me. That is, I tend to ignore minor things when it is cheap enough.
01-28-2014, 03:46 PM - 3 Likes   #4045
Veteran Member

Headed out to Manzanita on the OR coast last weekend with some friends and a couple pups. Got a great house a couple blocks from the beach/town, had awesome weather, and saw one of our favorite bands in town at the Sand Dune. Plenty of laughs imbibing, games, beach combing and photography.....plus a late night beach bonfire/beers with a sky full of stars.

Took along my X100 as always and shot a couple rolls of MF film which have yet to reach the lab. I shot all my X100 shots on Raw + Jpeg with it set on monochrome which I enjoy. Haven't touch the Raw, as I am happy with how the B/W Jpegs look.

01-28-2014, 06:20 PM   #4046
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice photos. I will try the monochrome setting for the X100, too--starting this weekend... Great series of photographs.
01-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #4047

I will not jump on the X-T1 because I like my XE-1 and do not want to spend the money at this point (just started my social security life). The X-T1 looks very interesting and should be able to spread the Fuji X brand to a larger audience. definitely a camera that I will want to look at in the future. The dpreview of the X-T1 see it as completion for the bigger players.
01-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #4048
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Headed out to Manzanita on the OR coast last weekend with some friends and a couple pups. Got a great house a couple blocks from the beach/town, had awesome weather, and saw one of our favorite bands in town at the Sand Dune. Plenty of laughs imbibing, games, beach combing and photography.....plus a late night beach bonfire/beers with a sky full of stars.

Took along my X100 as always and shot a couple rolls of MF film which have yet to reach the lab. I shot all my X100 shots on Raw + Jpeg with it set on monochrome which I enjoy. Haven't touch the Raw, as I am happy with how the B/W Jpegs look.
Great set.
01-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #4049
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Very nice photos. I will try the monochrome setting for the X100, too--starting this weekend... Great series of photographs.
Great set.
Thanks! I like shooting in B/W. Obviously the photos have a different look to them, but I also think it helps me to focus more on composition and tones. At first it feels restricting....especially when you know you can just switch back easily....but after a little while it almost feels liberating. Plus you can always shoot RAW + Jpeg just in case if you want.

I think me favorite type of photography is just hanging with friends and documenting a trip/weekend. I love getting the beautiful landscape photos, but may enjoy the simple photo of everyone sitting around and laughing just as much. I have some fun boozing photos as well.....but perhaps I will save those for a Beer Friday post.
01-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #4050
Veteran Member

Here are a handful of photos from the show last Saturday night. The band was Sassparilla, one of our favorites, playing at the Sand Dune....a small pub in Manzanita. I was able to get up close and personal to get some fun photos. Got to know the band a bit at set break, and had a couple of them join us for a couple bottles of wine and a beach bonfire. Photos with my X100