Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #4126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote

SIP par Daiku San, on ipernity
Fujifilm Finepix X100
Nice photo. I do not know what SIP is, but I really like that table. Well done. If weather permits I'll get out with the X100 over the weekend. Your photos make me feel the rectangles of daily life... The camera does very well with B&W.

02-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #4127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mark lj Quote
That 23 looks amazing - cracking image.
The 23/1.4 is quite a good lens, and I love how it performs, but I do wish it was about the same size as the 35/1.4, mainly for the purposes of fitting well into my camera bag. I still think the 35/1.4 is just about the perfect size for a fuji-x lens

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Made it out with the X-Pro 1 and 18mm lens the other night, still got to wait till I get back to the UK to play with the 35mm.... oh and the Jupiter 11 I’ve just bought....
The 18/2 is a pretty underrated lens I reckon (admittedly even I don't use it as much as some of my other lenses), but I do enjoy the results I get with it when I use it. Nicely done on the cat shot.
02-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #4128
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless I forget...I can promise a BF shot for tomorrow. Picked up a six pack today...don't know where I will put it, I still have all that beer from the last BF shots. Maybe Otis is interested, since the forecast is for well above 70F the next 10 days!

Regards!
02-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #4129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Unless I forget...I can promise a BF shot for tomorrow. Picked up a six pack today...don't know where I will put it, I still have all that beer from the last BF shots. Maybe Otis is interested, since the forecast is for well above 70F the next 10 days!

Regards!
Send it to Atlanta!

02-14-2014, 07:34 AM - 2 Likes   #4130
Veteran Member

Atlanta needs more than a six pack of beer today!

Mrs Rupert ruined my shot by eating too fast.....
X20

A friend opened a new Mexican restaurant and we ate lunch there yesterday....No Tex-Mex, just all genuine authentic Mexican food. Absolutely delicious!

Nothing fancy, but spotless clean and a great menu full of authentic Mexican dishes.

Hope he does well, it is downtown in a good location and we get a lot of tourists here. Prices are good, we both had enchiladas and drinks......$12. total. Cheaper than I could cook at home!

Regards!
02-14-2014, 07:52 AM   #4131
Veteran Member

70's and real Mexican food? Where do I sign!

Really nice shots Rupert!
One can only imagine how much better they would have been with the X-T1.
02-14-2014, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #4132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
One can only imagine how much better they would have been with the X-T1.
Yeah, I will shoot like a Pro with the X-T1!

The X20 is really all I should own, it does better than I do and is so handy! Of course, I need to keep my Bigma and K5 for handsome squirrels! I look for the X-T1 to be fun mostly....I'm always looking for a little fun!

Regards & Thanks!

02-14-2014, 12:51 PM - 5 Likes   #4133
Veteran Member

Happy Beer Friday! This weeks entry will have to go under the wine category, but I think it will pass.

It's was "Winter Blast 2014" here in Portland last weekend, the city completely shut down. Snow and then rain/ice....it was a real mess. Anyway, it gave my girlfriend and I am couple days off work (paid) which was great. Got to go out and enjoy the winter wonderland and take some photos. A local wine shop did a contest, "Show us Your Snowy Wine Photos". We submitted the photo below and won the contest! So now Sarah and I have a free charcuterie plate and wine tasting for two coming to us. Not too shabby for a snow day. While Sarah was all geared up in her snowboarding attire, I was upstairs in my flannel pj's hanging out the window with my camera Photo taken with my new X-E1 and 35mm

02-14-2014, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #4134
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Happy Beer Friday! This weeks entry will have to go under the wine category, but I think it will pass.
Great photograph Aaron, really like it, and definitely a winner. Charcuterie and wine is hard to beat in my book.

Except, of course, if it were authentic Mexican cuisine! We have some of that in the neighboring town, Rupert, and I love it. I hope they do well!

Just to keep some beer here, and it is definitely a very mediocre photograph, but with our still mounting snow...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
02-14-2014, 06:51 PM - 2 Likes   #4135
Veteran Member

Nice going Abie! Great shooting and even better creative thinking!

Jac...That looks like a party wrapper on that bottle....is the stuff any good?

Here is my BF shot...not much of a shot and even less of a beer. No body, salty as a pretzel, and weak enough that Otis says baby squirrels can handle it instead of formula.

The story that comes with it is better though......I was at Walgreens getting Valentines candy for my several girlfriends around town and had an armful of chocolates when I saw a big pallet of this beer for only $3.49 a six pack. It reminded me that BF was almost here again, so I grabbed a six pack and headed to the check out.
I put everything on the counter and the girl ( nice looking, about 19-20 ) asked me if I was getting the beer for someone for Valentines too? I told her no, it was for other purposes. She said good, that stuff is crap. She went on to say her boyfriend brought some of it home a couple of weeks ago and, being a beer drinker, she told him to never bring her any cheap crap like that again or she would kick him out. He showed up with two six packs of it again last week and she kept her word...she booted him out, saying if she wasn't worth more than some cheap flat lousy tasting beer he needed to move on and find a cheap drinker that would appreciate his poor taste. True story 100%!

After the first sip, I am in total agreement with her, and she should have kicked him out the first time! I doubt those baby squirrels will drink this stuff either.

Regards!

Sometimes you get a bargain...sometime you get what you pay for....or less.

02-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #4136
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not beer, but....

Cheers! (55mm SMC Takumar)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo 
02-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #4137
Veteran Member

Clarkey, how do the Pentax lenses do on the Fuji? What adapter are you using? I am thinking some of my K mount lenses might be useful on the X-T1. If manual focus is as easy as they say, it might be that I will be able to save a few dollars on lenses.

Regards!
02-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #4138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clarkey, how do the Pentax lenses do on the Fuji? What adapter are you using? I am thinking some of my K mount lenses might be useful on the X-T1. If manual focus is as easy as they say, it might be that I will be able to save a few dollars on lenses.

Regards!
Hi Rupert, pretty well. I have the X-E1, which does not have the split focus screen that you will get with the X-T1, but in short, pretty easy as there is focus peaking and a magnified view available when you push in the rear dial.

I have a "Kiwi" brand FX to K adapter, which is no use for any lens without an aperture ring, but otherwise works quite well. The M42 adapter I have is OK, but the locking pin has been removed, which sometimes is problematic for a lens with a stiff focus.
Been a while since I shot a Tak, the colour signature is certainly different.
02-15-2014, 11:58 PM   #4139
Veteran Member

True story 100%!
That story is definitely worth the $3.49 you paid for the six pack....even if the actual beer wasn't. That's my kinda girl, and hey, she even warned him.

---------- Post added 02-15-14 at 11:13 PM ----------

Hey all, I will be MIA from the forum for a few weeks. Sarah and I are catching a flight tomorrow morning to Thailand for a 3 week trip! We are spending a week on Phuket Island checking out some of the areas in/around Old Town in the SE parts, then meeting six other PDX friends up north for a couple of weeks of sailing around the Thai islands. Still need to map a course, but we have a 44' catamaran for 2 weeks to cruise around and check out all sorts of cool spots. Plus it will get us off "the grid" for a few weeks which we are both looking forward to.

Of course my two Fuji are coming with me. My X100, and my X-E1 with 14mm, 35mm and 55-200. I wanted to find a way to bring my MF Hass kit, but with limited space in a couple backpacks...... it may be staying home.

I know I will have plenty of photos to share upon our return and look forward to doing so. Wish us safe travels and see you all on the Fuji Forum in a few weeks!
02-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #4140
Veteran Member

Clarkey...Thanks for that info. I am indeed looking forward to the split screen adventure on the X-T1. I have some decent Pentax glass that I can use, and look forward to trying.

Abie....You guys have a fun, and most of all, safe trip! Sounds exciting! I recall being young and constantly traveling at every opportunity. So many great memories! I look forward to your shots when you return, and certainly hope that if I have my X-T1 by then, my shots don't overshadow yours! It's not something you need to worry about much...so don't concern yourself with that, just have a great time!

Until my broken foot gets a little (or a lot) better, a thrilling trip for me and Mrs Rupert is to go down the road about 15 miles to Mary's Brazos Cafe for a Chicken Fried Steak. We went last night...it was, as always, delicious! I walked in...I walked out...getting better all the time!

X20

One Request! I love food shots when people travel, and in particular Oriental food shots. I hope you will think of me when you see those exotic foods and get a few snaps!

Regards!

BTW- Yes, the girl at Walgreens was my kind of girl. Reminded me a lot of Mrs Rupert....."Don't try to hand me that Visa for my Macy's shopping...give me your Gold Card, you're not dealing with an amateur."