Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #4321
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
2 and 3 together are rather sweet. Nice series. Is it France? If not what is the second? I have to see it! Great B&W photographs, not that I would expect any less!
David

04-29-2014, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #4322
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
2 and 3 together are rather sweet. Nice series. Is it France? If not what is the second? I have to see it! Great B&W photographs, not that I would expect any less!
David
Hi David,

It’s St Michael’s Mount near Penzance.

Here it is viewed from the other side. (not my picture)

St Michael's Mount :: Home

One of the many places to visit in Cornwall.....

Cheers, Steve
04-29-2014, 05:58 AM   #4323
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Just seen your Flickr page, don’t suppose if you know if you had any Miners in the family? Being a fellow Williams I had quite a few relatives emigrate when the mining started to draw down here in Cornwall. I had a 3 great great uncles who ended up in Iowa (or was it Ohio..) from what I remember they formed a quartet, have to get my grandmother to write it all down.....

Cheers, Steve
Can't say for sure about miners, but I did have 3 great uncles on the Williams side that were excavators and well drillers back in the late 1800s. My wife knows more about my family history than I do. My Mom is Irish, and I know much more of her heritage......the Irish tend to celebrate their heritage more than most?
I'm not much on genealogy, but Mrs Rupert has done a lot of research......her mother is Irish, her father was 1/2 Cherokee Indian, whatever that makes her sure can be frustrating at times!

I'm not sure she looks more Indian than Irish, but her temper can be worse than either one alone.......
X10

That is a mix too.. a mix of DXO FilmPak3 and Photoscape...two of my favorite software fun programs.
Regards!
04-29-2014, 07:24 AM   #4324
Veteran Member

My wife’s is Irish (don’t have to tell me about temper..), turns out her family were mine owners in Cornwall, my family weren’t so grand we dug the holes, well my great grandfather was a blacksmith, keep meaning to go up and take a photos of his old shop as it still standing, but converted into the smallest bungalow I’ve seen....

Reason I asked is Cornwall and the Cornish have been granted national minority status in Europe, so we now have the same rights as our fellow Celts the Irish, Welsh and Scottish.

Cheers, Steve

04-30-2014, 04:17 AM   #4325
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi David,

It’s St Michael’s Mount near Penzance.

Here it is viewed from the other side. (not my picture)

St Michael's Mount :: Home

One of the many places to visit in Cornwall.....

Cheers, Steve
Lovely, thanks, and it just showed up in another photograph in a different thread. I definitely need to get out more. Although I'm actually am in Montreal now, great city.
04-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #4326
Veteran Member

Been busy working outside...no gourmet meals this week.....Mrs Rupert is doing the "cooking"......

X20

Not gourmet, but it is hard to beat a good potted meat sandwich!

Regards!
05-01-2014, 05:53 AM   #4327
Veteran Member

Potted meat! I bet I finally posted something that makes you guys mouths water...right? Even better than a pigs foot...which is probably in there with all the "Other Things".

Regards!

05-01-2014, 12:54 PM - 1 Like   #4328
Veteran Member

Well I used my "toy" camera to take pictures of my new toy....

Out 1st brand new car, quite a experience if not a tad scary! going to be strange going from my big diesel to this little thing.

Cheers, Steve
05-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #4329
Veteran Member

Great use of geometry!

I think I like the silver efex to what I used to produce in film quickly and easily, I’ve been using it through Aperture and found it works quite well.

Cheers, Steve
I really enjoy using Silver Efex to capture the look of black and white family shots in older albums

ETA: Oh! Nice new toy Steve Very swank!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Can't say for sure about miners, but I did have 3 great uncles on the Williams side that were excavators and well drillers back in the late 1800s. My wife knows more about my family history than I do. My Mom is Irish, and I know much more of her heritage......the Irish tend to celebrate their heritage more than most?
I'm not much on genealogy, but Mrs Rupert has done a lot of research......her mother is Irish, her father was 1/2 Cherokee Indian, whatever that makes her sure can be frustrating at times!

I'm not sure she looks more Indian than Irish, but her temper can be worse than either one alone.......
X10

That is a mix too.. a mix of DXO FilmPak3 and Photoscape...two of my favorite software fun programs.
Regards!
Nice treatment of Mrs. Rupert! I'm cyber-shaking Mrs. Rupert's hand - I'm in the same clan - Irish + Cherokee - a ....potent combo, eh?

We've got some unexpected tulips in our yard, so I've been making a study of them this week

05-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #4330
Veteran Member

Very nice tulip shots Ec...Send me a few of them and I will send you a can of that delicious potted meat! Yes, Mrs Rupert has an awesome bad temper, better controlled now than when we first met. The first time I ever made her mad, it scared the hell out of me...and I'm almost twice her size!

Skank......Great looking Toy Car! I love that color too. My youngest son has a Yaris he bought new a couple of years ago. He's been all over America in it, and loves it....I bet you will be well pleased! I love Toy Cars.....my little TT is tons of fun, I drive it as much as I can. Great economy and easier to maintain a small car too!

Regards!
05-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #4331
Veteran Member

I suspect most cars on the roads over here would be classed as toy cars in the States.....

My 1st car was one of these from 1971 (only 15 years older then me...) Google found image of a Hillman Super Imp, 875cc (53ci?) of rear engine, rear wheel drive fun.....

Then I had a Mini I don’t know why so many people rave about them!

Love the Tulips, wish we could grow flowers our place is a bit of a wind tunnel..

Cheers, Steve
05-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #4332
Veteran Member

That's a neat looking little car Skank, I'm betting you drove a lot of miles in yours.
One of the best things about my little TT Toy Car is that it matches my Toy Camera X20!

Shot this earlier this evening.....the Digital Zoom on the X20 is pretty decent and handy when you don't want to get too close to a ferocious squirrel while he is eating!

Regards!
05-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #4333
Veteran Member

Great one, the digital zoom does come in handy! had to use it when we went to Zoo back in March.

Did manage to get quite close to these critters while in Amsterdam... Taken with the X-Pro and 35mm

Cheers, Steve
05-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #4334
Veteran Member

Skank...You got closer to that first one than I would have! He looked like he was hungry for some new exotic food....human food!

I'm still thinking of owning the X-T1, but want to see what the X30 camera specs turn out to be first. At heart, I am truly a Toy Camera shooter....I have already confessed that! I do have my K5 and a couple dozen nice lenses...all seldom used. Love those damn Toy Cameras!
If Fuji can make an X30 with a little larger sensor, and keep their finely crafted body, I'm on board!
Regards!
05-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #4335
Veteran Member

Well I was expecting it to jump off and attack my face.... but was great to be able to get that close to them.

I keep thinking about chopping in my X-Pro for the XT-1 but can’t see the point at the moment, the weather sealing would be nice but apart from that I find everything fast enough, and love the primes!

I keep thinking about getting another compact and wait to hear on the X30, I’m hoping the black X100S are going to come down in price as could be tempted by one of them!

Cheers, Steve