Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2014, 07:36 PM - 1 Like   #4471
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
An afternoon at the races

Geez, I go away for a day and everyone has been out shooting. Isn't this a gear thread?

Lovely stuff, everyone.

Off to the local nags - interesting day and my first taste of racing in North America. A few too many computer screens for my liking.
X-E1 and 27mm (only).

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo 

Last edited by Clarkey; 07-14-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Add the camera ham
07-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #4472
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Geez, I go away for a day and everyone has been out shooting. Isn't this a gear thread?

Lovely stuff, everyone.

Off to the local nags - interesting day and my first taste of racing in North America. A few too many computer screens for my liking.
X-E1 and 27mm (only).
These are great, but I really love that fourth one. Great composition; it flutters almost along with the regimen of the track. Lovely. The XE-1 is definitely a toy compared to the big boys, but I have a hard time labeling my X-100 as a toy--as a user, they are just too good. The X-10, however, is the quintessential toy camera, plug and play almost, but I am definitely biased. What you have with you most is what you know best. The quality of these photos is really fantastic. Good seeing! Bravo Fuji, too.
David

---------- Post added 07-15-14 at 09:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Great stuff on here as always! Always enjoy being away for a while and seeing what I have missed out on!

Some more from me with the X-Pro 1, taken down Marizion.

IR Filter action.

before any mono conversion just white balance and exposure.

Some in colour with a 0.9 stop ND grad

Converted this on to mono to see the comparison between this and the IR image.

SWMBO fine behind.

Just for a bit of interest this what where HMS Warspite was scrapped as she came away from her tow lines coming around Lizard point.

Thats it from me.

Cheers, Steve
Nice photos, Steve. I like the comparisons of the island image. I really have to visit there. The IR images are really impressive. Hard to call any of these Fuji's toys. I'm traveling light this week and taking one of the two.
David
07-16-2014, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #4473
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm envious...you guys all have fantastic shots, very enjoyable! However, I am proud of what I do have......Baby Raccoons!

X20- Wildlife shooting with a Toy Camera!

One of my 88 year old Mom with my daughter in law.
X20

Anyone hungry?

Regards!
07-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #4474
Veteran Member

Excellent shots Tuco...as usual. You sure do need a Fuji......we miss you here. Can I send out my X10 for you to use a while? If you can do as well as Jac does with his, we could view some great shots!

BF tonight....hope I remember to post my new bottle of Lone Star beer! As long as I don't have to drink it, I'll be fine.....

Regards!

07-20-2014, 01:30 PM   #4475
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought I'd contribute with a recent shot taken with my "recently acquired" Fuji XE-2.
I am still struggling a bit with the EVF but I do like to have the "WYSIWYG" in the viewfinder.

Here it is: "Storm brewing over the marina"

JP
07-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #4476
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
These are great, but I really love that fourth one. Great composition; it flutters almost along with the regimen of the track. Lovely. The XE-1 is definitely a toy compared to the big boys, but I have a hard time labeling my X-100 as a toy--as a user, they are just too good. The X-10, however, is the quintessential toy camera, plug and play almost, but I am definitely biased. What you have with you most is what you know best. The quality of these photos is really fantastic. Good seeing! Bravo Fuji, too.
David

---------- Post added 07-15-14 at 09:12 PM ----------

Small snip.....
Thank you very much - I agree, the X100 and X-E1 (which can be had for around $350 second hand now) are astonishingly good image makers. I do appreciate the simple aperture/shutter set up too. I think I would prefer the 35mm FOV equivalent of the X100 though, rather than the ~43mm FOV of the 27mm - a little tight - that being said, It still is a good length for this sort of shooting.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm envious...you guys all have fantastic shots, very enjoyable! However, I am proud of what I do have......Baby Raccoons!

X20- Wildlife shooting with a Toy Camera!

One of my 88 year old Mom with my daughter in law.
X20

Anyone hungry?

Regards!
A camera for all seasons, it would appear!

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I thought I'd contribute with a recent shot taken with my "recently acquired" Fuji XE-2.
I am still struggling a bit with the EVF but I do like to have the "WYSIWYG" in the viewfinder.

Here it is: "Storm brewing over the marina"

JP
Welcome over to the thread. I particularly enjoy seeing the world in black and white through that viewfinder. The only thing I still can't get used to is not being able to just point the camera and frame without having to worry about turning it on.
07-22-2014, 07:59 PM   #4477
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Back from a few Days near Tobermory, Ontario.

Morning at the lake
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Go on, have a...
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

DSCF3483.jpg
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

07-23-2014, 03:00 AM   #4478
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Aren't vacations great! I like short and frequent. From down south, Acadia.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
07-23-2014, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #4479
Veteran Member

Nice shooting from you guys...as usual!

My sincere regrets that I failed to post my Lone Star beer last BF.....I kept looking at it and thinking of that foul aroma when opened and I put it off until this Friday. Maybe I will open it outside and get a few shots of it on the patio table...with the squirrels running away and holding their little noses? When a squirrel passes up an open beer, you had better not consider sampling it!

Meanwhile, here is a baby raccoon I shot this morning.....isn't he a cute little guy! The X20 is no wildlife shooter, but if cropped you can live with the result......most often. Shot at about 30 feet distance and heavily cropped.

Regards!

07-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #4480
Veteran Member

No need for regrets Rupert here's my dad AGAIN this time from my newly unboxed X100s *lol*

07-25-2014, 08:03 AM   #4481
Veteran Member

Nice Clicker...so tell us more about your X100s? Can we expect more shots soon? I'm putting in an order for some Food shots....you have some great food there, let's see it!
Regards!
07-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #4482
Veteran Member

Good to see great stuff happening on here as always! Rupert have you seen the rumours on the X30? 2/3rd sensor and OVF replaced with an EVF.

Managed to have a play with a XF60mm the other week, have to say I'm impressed! doesn't seem nearly as slow as its made out to be, or am I missing something?

Only took a quick photos of my shades and was pleasantly surprised.

Cheers Steve
07-27-2014, 07:33 AM   #4483
Veteran Member

Once again....old Rupert failed to get that Lone Star beer posted on Friday night. I just don't know what to say......the dread of having to open that foul smelling brew is overriding my desire to post it? Otis swears it is brewed from fermented coyote puke, and threatens massive destruction around here if I open it outside....and I don't dare open it in the house, Mrs Rupert is worse than Otis at retaliation. I'll work on a plan for next Friday....I know you guys are anxious to see it?

Skank....Yes, I read the rumors, and if correct, I don't see why I would want to invest to get an EVF when the OVF is much better for both bright and low light shooting. A larger sensor would be a big improvement, but apparently it isn't in the cards? Unless there is something we don't know about yet, I see no reason to get excited in the least about the X30.
Very disappointing......looks like Sony will continue to rule the Toy Camera world. I'd go for the DSC-RX100 III, but I think the body is cheap looking and the EVF is not as good as the OVF on my X10/X20 for what I shoot.

Your shot reminds me...I need a new pair of Serengetis! I like the ones with auto darkening lenses.
Regards!
07-27-2014, 05:34 PM   #4484
Veteran Member

Managed to have a play with a XF60mm the other week, have to say I'm impressed! doesn't seem nearly as slow as its made out to be, or am I missing something?
Nope, not missing anything, and it has pretty damn good image quality. I've had the XF60/2.4 since launch, and subsequent firmware updates have actually improved it's focusing speed. It's not a fast to focus lens, but, as you say, I don't think it's all that slow either!

Latest shot with the X-Pro1, and, speaking of the devil, the XF60/2.4 Macro:

20140725 - 001
07-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #4485
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good to see great stuff happening on here as always! Rupert have you seen the rumours on the X30? 2/3rd sensor and OVF replaced with an EVF.

Only took a quick photos of my shades and was pleasantly surprised.

Cheers Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Nope, not missing anything, and it has pretty damn good image quality. I've had the XF60/2.4 since launch, and subsequent firmware updates have actually improved it's focusing speed. It's not a fast to focus lens, but, as you say, I don't think it's all that slow either!

Latest shot with the X-Pro1, and, speaking of the devil, the XF60/2.4 Macro:

20140725 - 001
Shhh... I'm trying to ensure everyone buys either the 56mm or 90mm, and dumps their 60mm. That way I can get one cheaper . Only thing I wish was that it was 1:1 for true macro work.