Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
08-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #4501
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Help me out! Send me some PM reminders tomorrow so I will not forget to post my Lone Star Beer shot on BF! I regret that I had to remove the little string reminder due to some circulation problems.......I'm not making this stuff up or trying to fish for an excuse, just asking for a little help in remembering tomorrow. You can drop me a PM here on PF and I will be forever grateful!

Regards!

BTW- I'm not much at letter composing, but if you need a little help in preparing that PM, here is my best shot at how I might start it off....

Greetings Rupert, you lying procrastinating slug! Just a reminder that we have waited around here all day an night on Fridays for the past month to get a glimpse of a Genuine Lone Star Beer, a rarity if there ever was one! We wait and wait, but all we get is lame excuses and no BF photo. Some of us have even asked for you to be banned from the Fuji Thread, but the Mods say you aren't even worth their time to make the ban. Hopefully, this reminder will put an end to your excuses and this Friday will "Be the One"!!

08-15-2014, 09:44 AM   #4502
Veteran Member

I got the PM reminder!!...Thank You Anonymous Sender! It wasn't really necessary to bring my Mom into it, but you are probably right, she most likely is sad she ever produced me.....anyhow, I got the message and will be posting tonight on BF!!!

Get your friends and family around your monitor for a Genuine Lone Star beer viewing! It's a rare sight indeed! Otis sent a PM to Adam wanting to sell tickets for the viewing, but I shot that down. I want my friends here to see this for free!

Best Regards!
Rupert
08-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #4503
Veteran Member

You guys know from experience you can count on old Rupert! Friday night and here I am, just like I said I would be!

First a few words about this beer, in case you are ever traveling through Texas. Let's say it's a late evening and you have been traveling out in West Texas across the Chihuahuan Desert all day, your air conditioner in your car went out, it's 115 degrees in the shade and you are dying of thirst. Up ahead in the distance...you a see a shimmering light...Nope, it's not the Hotel California, it's just a little shack of a bar & grocery store with a gas pump. You park in the dusty lot and rush in for some lifesaving fluids. An old guy with some snaggly teeth and cross eyes asks you what it will be......"We have Lone Star beer or water from the toilet tank on ice."

Take the toilet water and be glad you did, you won't regret it!

If you do feel like going risky, because you don't really believe old Rupert.....I highly recommend the face mask for opening. It won't filter out all the stench, but it will save you from an auto-puke reaction.

National Beer of Texas...says so on the label!

I paid too much for this one, but I wanted it for your benefit.....If I save even one life it is worth it!

That's all folks, it was worth the wait ...wasn't it!
08-16-2014, 03:50 AM   #4504
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Oh, my. New had it. I like the cap!

08-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #4505
Veteran Member

Jac....After taking those shots, I set the glass of that dark putrid fluid on my desk for flushing down the toilet later. I went off to watch the nightly News and when I came back, inadvertently out of habit reached for the glass and took a big sip. I spent the next two hours in the ER having my stomach pumped and flushed...the ER Doc said I was lucky I got there right away or he would not have been able to save me from a horrible and painful demise. It was close, but I survived. If you are ever out there in West Texas, you won't find a Doc within three hours of that little beer shack in the desert...so beware!

Regards!
08-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #4506
Veteran Member

I go to all the trouble of locating a Lone Star beer (they are on the Endangered Species list, you know!)...take the time to prepare for opening with my face mask on and my phone in hand ready to hit the 911 button, and not even a comment from you guys here???
Mrs Rupert says it must be because you are all in "shock and awe"? She says I "shock and awe" her all the time so she is used to it, but you guys are just novices and it will take time for you to recover?

Regards!

Maybe you guys are just waiting for another Genuine Fuji X20 raccoon shot?

Wait no longer..here it is..shot it this morning!

Last edited by Rupert; 08-18-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: add photo
08-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #4507
Veteran Member

No other Fuji posters here for over a week...so I took the liberty of requesting a change in the thread title to Rupert's Lonely Fuji Shooters Thread.

If any of you guys are still alive out there you are most welcome to join in! Tell me you didn't ditch your Fujis and go Nikon? You didn't...did you? I know Tuco did...and I miss him, but it wasn't necessary to follow his lead, was it?

Regards!
Lonely Rupert

08-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #4508
Veteran Member

Sorry Rupert I’ve not taken any photos, not had the effort to do anything photography wise, lost my mojo at the moment.

Cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 08-20-14 at 01:44 PM ----------

Go on you twisted my arm.... just a couple from a visit to a local steam fair and a trip to the Imperial War Museum in London.

Cheers, Steve
08-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #4509
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Sorry Rupert I’ve not taken any photos, not had the effort to do anything photography wise, lost my mojo at the moment.

Cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 08-20-14 at 01:44 PM ----------

Go on you twisted my arm.... just a couple from a visit to a local steam fair and a trip to the Imperial War Museum in London.

Cheers, Steve
Very nice Steve. I love that first one! Great photos.
08-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #4510
Veteran Member

Hey Skank, I liked all of those! You do some very nice B/W work, always enjoy it!

Jac...Good to see you are still with us, I was beginning to wonder....

Now that you guys are here...anyone want a friendly young raccoon? Free shipping!

Regards!
08-21-2014, 01:37 AM   #4511
Veteran Member

Thanks Guys, Jacquot I had to take a picture of Whistling Billy, was quite pleased at how it turned out as well,though I would have liked to to a picture with no one around but what can you do!

Rupert Thanks, been trying some colour, but there is few of my own I like.

Cheers, Steve
08-23-2014, 08:03 AM   #4512
Veteran Member

From X10

08-23-2014, 08:53 AM   #4513
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been busy finishing these buildings, and looks like I will be for a bit longer, too...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
08-25-2014, 11:07 PM - 1 Like   #4514

08-26-2014, 02:19 PM - 2 Likes   #4515
Veteran Member

Here's a few of Yellowstone and one of my dogs. X100s is a excellent travel camera. I used this and the DA60-250 attached to my K5 as the two camera's for Yellowstone, didn't feel the need for anything more.

DSCF0260 by leerunge,