Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
09-07-2014, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #4531
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Skank...You do some fine B/W work! I always admire it!

A few X20 shots from our trip last week to the Dakotas.

Kansas fields of wheat.

Sunflowers everywhere...miles and more miles of them!

Lakes and ponds all along the roads in N Dakota.

This gorgeous lake was at the end of the street in downtown Pierre S Dakota.

A little gull that came up to the window squeaking for a handout!

Great trip...should have taken more pictures than I did, but will try to do better next time!

Regards!

09-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #4532
Veteran Member

Cross post of a flower I bought for Mrs Rupert......haven't done any flowers or macro shots recently. Gotta love Fuji colors...in particular the color of that new X-T1 in silver/black! May just have to have one of those!

Meanwhile, I still love my Toy Camera X20!

Regards!
09-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #4533
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like Zack Arias has a pre-production X100t

Fuji X100T :: First Look · DEDPXL

Pat
09-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #4534
Veteran Member

Looks like a decent upgrade.

I've got the "s" and an eyefi card so I'll be skipping this model but look forward to the viewfinder tech in the X-pro2 when that arrives. I'm impressed with fuji. The jpegs strait from the camera are the best I've seen and require very little if any adjustment in lightroom. They seem to come out just right.

I like the blend of tech with tried and true knobs and dials. Best of both worlds. People call it "style" but I honestly think it's more functional at times to use a physical dial then a software menu.

09-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #4535
Veteran Member

I'd like to see an X100 with a 24-70 zoom that's on the order of the X10/X20. Otherwise, it looks like a very fine, tried and true camera. If I jump up, it will be the X-T1.....not that much difference in price and the lens selection is getting better all the time.

Regards!
09-10-2014, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #4536
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A zoom option on the X100 body would be great, although that fixed lens is great.

Here's a sunset from the terrace straight from the X100, no fiddling.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix X100  Photo 
09-11-2014, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #4537
Veteran Member

I love my X-Pro 1, the XT-1 hasn’t really tempted me to switch, prefer the layout of the X-Pro, look forward to what the future holds for Fuji.
I would like a X100 but can’t warrant with with a X10 and X-Pro...

Some more from London the other day.

Cheers, Steve

09-11-2014, 06:45 PM   #4538
Veteran Member

More very nice B/W shots...you do so well with those!
Plain and simple, the X-T1 is a sexy looking machine and the layout of the controls appeals to basic instinct type shooters, no doubt. The new silver/black one is calling me...not sure how my response will be handled. There is no practical reason for me to own it....It's like some of those top of the line Pentax lenses I just sold.....had no more use for them. I need to think hard before wasting cash just to watch it gather dust as I go out every day with the X20 in hand?

Regards!
09-12-2014, 02:23 AM   #4539
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
More very nice B/W shots...you do so well with those!
Plain and simple, the X-T1 is a sexy looking machine and the layout of the controls appeals to basic instinct type shooters, no doubt. The new silver/black one is calling me...not sure how my response will be handled. There is no practical reason for me to own it....It's like some of those top of the line Pentax lenses I just sold.....had no more use for them. I need to think hard before wasting cash just to watch it gather dust as I go out every day with the X20 in hand?

Regards!
The XT-1 is a nice camera, don't think I would pay the extra to have it in silver though? Have had a play but still prefer the layout of the X-Pro, like shooting with my left eye and having the lens down the centre of my body, plus that Hybrid view finder is lovely, I do admit I use it less and less but it's there if I need it.

The extra specs would be nice, but it's too much to loose on my X-Pro for a few extra features, I think I will be waiting for a X-Pro 2 or even 3 before I upgrade, I am certainly happy with the X-Pro 1, 2 years old now AF is a tad slow but the colours and tones the sensor sucks in is great, the speeder XT might be better for your squirrels Rupert.

Do treat yourself to the XF35mm F1.4, it's not the fastest to focus lens but it is sharp and it's hardly off my Fuji. 55-200 is also very good for the longer distant shots.

Cheers, Steve
09-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #4540
Veteran Member

Skank...I am still debating the new X-T1. While I do want it, I am not sure I need it at all....mostly I have converted to the Toy Cameras. My birthday is in November, so I will decide by then. I would want the 18-55 and 55-200...beyond that I can't see much I would need.....want yes, but not need.
Being retired, getting older every day, and realizing that time is not on my side has led me to make some buying decisions that are not all that practical. Just because "you can" does not always justify a new purchase. I keep telling myself that, but something says "what the hell, go for it!".
I was really counting on the X30 to light my fire......too bad it didn't! Anyhow...do I really need a high powered X-T1 when you guys post all those great shots here? Viewing your shots is most always more gratifying than viewing mine, so where is my gain?

Regards!
09-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #4541
Veteran Member

Not thought about the Sony RX100 II/III or Canon G1X then? similar form factor with larger sensors 1” and 1.5” thigh not as nicely styled as the Fuji. It’s a shame they don’t do a X100 like camera with a zoom lens. Could always splash out on a Leica X Vario....

I’ve not tried the 18-55, (got the 18mm and 35mm) but I do have the 55-200 and it is a great lens.

Cheers, Steve
09-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #4542
Veteran Member

Skank.....I read a very nice article a while back that compared, with examples, the Fuji 18-55 with some of the Fuji primes, and it actually outperformed a few of them, or was so close as to be indistinguishable. The 55-200 was not quite up to the prime level, but absolutely good enough to be very valuable.

Nice shot there!...and at 200mm.....maybe its weakest point, but still excellent! I sure want to get into the Fuji X-T1 league, but just have trouble justifying it. If it sits on the shelf, and the X20 goes with me everywhere, what is my gain?

Regards!

Jac...I keep forgetting to mention the fine colors in those clouds! Lovely shot!
09-13-2014, 09:04 AM   #4543
Veteran Member

Rupert.. the Fuji Vs Fuji comparison is quite good for a read.

18-55mm vs. 35mm ?/1.4 ? Fuji vs. Fuji

Each to their own, I enjoy the primes the 35mm is pretty much glued to my X-Pro.

I had to sell my Pentax gear before switching to Fuji, wasn’t allowed 2 good camera.

Cheers, Steve
09-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #4544
Veteran Member

Skank...Yes, that is one of the articles I have seen. The 18-55 is pretty amazing to be called a "kit lens", isn't it! With it and the 55-200, I think I could cover most of my needs...but you know how that is...lust almost always wins over need.

My best bet is still just to view what you guys post and go about my business with the Toy Cameras!

I have 570 shots in my X20 gallery
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35763648@N05/sets/72157633101644164/

610 in my X10 gallery..
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35763648@N05/sets/72157627982091489/

In that same time frame probably only a small % of shots have been made with my K5 and all those lenses.....which is living proof that the camera you have with you is the best camera of all!

I still think the X10 is one of the best Toy Cameras around.....when you are going down the road and see something you like, it is ready to go! So is the X20, but I do believe the X10 does a better job with its
EXR sensor.
X10

I recall that day fondly...had just had coffee and conversation with this young lady at Starbucks in downtown Ft Worth...

But the best memory of the day was here.....I was so full of Hot Dogs I could hardly get out to shoot those cows in the far background!

Memories...aren't they wonderful! Toy Cameras can get them easily.....maybe not masterpieces, but good enough to view years later to stir the mind!

Regards!
09-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #4545
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Skank...Yes, that is one of the articles I have seen. The 18-55 is pretty amazing to be called a "kit lens", isn't it! With it and the 55-200, I think I could cover most of my needs...but you know how that is...lust almost always wins over need.

My best bet is still just to view what you guys post and go about my business with the Toy Cameras!

Regards!
Have you seen the info on the Canon G7X?

The New Canon PowerShot G7 X

Cheers, Steve