Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2014, 01:00 AM   #4561
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

You are right there David, the Fuji’s just do something magical with light, maybe it’s their years of film experience.

I shared some I converted to B&W over on the toy camera thread but the originals are just as nice. I found these on the cameras internal memory, these were taken while I was in Bahrain.

Not done anything to them, just cropped out the dash...

Cheers, Steve

09-16-2014, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #4562
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots Skank, and I agree that the Fujis do wonders with color, WB, and mixed lighting. Some of this is lost in the X20 from the EXR sensor on the X10, and I can see the loss when viewing my X10 gallery against my X20 gallery. It is a subtle difference on many shots, but when viewing overall, it is very noticeable.
The X10 seems to render better color and more pleasant smoothness..the X20 seems a little more harsh to me.

Regards!
09-19-2014, 03:43 AM   #4563
Inactive Account

I love fuji. Right now I'm trying the "minimalist" thing. I only have the X-E1 & the 23/1.4 as my only lens and its working great. I'm thinking that a 12/2 Samyang, 23/1.4 & 56/1.2 trio would make me VERY happy

btw if anyone is interested in trying out some Konica Hexanons on their Fuji, check this auction out
09-19-2014, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #4564

Photos: Albums
I took this last night with my fuja X-a1 (pentax 55mm F1.8 lens) he is a bugger to catch in focus. I wish the tip of his nose was a little sharper , but it was the best shot i got last night. I am just again starting to do a photo a day of something...

09-19-2014, 07:35 AM   #4565
Veteran Member

Fine looking doggie...you got the eyes, which is most important!

Just a warning captured by my X20......When you get a box from Amazon that says "FIRE"...they are not kidding! No need for a bunch of racks of wood this winter....just order your fires from Amazon!

Should heat your entire home!

Regards!
09-19-2014, 08:29 AM   #4566
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi,

I see these Fuji Pictures and they look really good (i know it's not only the camera, but still ). I was thinking to get a small pocket cam to go with my K5.
In Europe the X10/X20 is really expensive still, so i was looking at the XF1 instead. As far as i can "Google" it should have the same sensor as the X10?
Are there no love for the XF1 or is it just not in the same League as the X series (not counting the viewfinder)?

/NKK
09-19-2014, 08:48 AM   #4567
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NKK Quote
Are there no love for the XF1 or is it just not in the same League as the X series (not counting the viewfinder)?
I have seen many photos from the XF-1 and they are equal to the X20 in my view. It has some of the same neat filters and settings as the X10/X20 and is a very capable Toy Camera. Pocket small, and very handy. The only thing missing is the viewfinder, and unless you live in a very bright sunny region as I do, it would be perfect.

Same great Fuji colors.....I think you would like one! Lots of samples here.....
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=fuji%20xf-1

Regards!

09-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #4568
NKK
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I have seen many photos from the XF-1 and they are equal to the X20 in my view. It has some of the same neat filters and settings as the X10/X20 and is a very capable Toy Camera. Pocket small, and very handy. The only thing missing is the viewfinder, and unless you live in a very bright sunny region as I do, it would be perfect.

Same great Fuji colors.....I think you would like one! Lots of samples here.....
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=fuji%20xf-1

Regards!
Hi Rubert,

Thank you for the link, will look and see some more pics from the xf-1 before deciding.

Keep all the great Pictures coming in this thread :-)
09-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #4569
Veteran Member

NKK.....Get that little Fuji and post here and over in our "Toy Camera" thread too! It will give you nice Fuji colors and being so small and compact you will find you are shooting twice as much as with a bigger camera...or more! Of course, if you aspire to be a Pro, I recommend the X-T1.....but those aspirations are sort of ridiculous for a shooter like me!

I'm pretty content to shoot for my own pleasure.....and the small cameras do great for that purpose....in particular the Fujis!

Out by my shop a few minutes ago....The XF-1 will do macros too! Get one!

Regards!
09-19-2014, 05:24 PM   #4570
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by buttons Quote
I took this last night with my fuja X-a1 (pentax 55mm F1.8 lens) he is a bugger to catch in focus. I wish the tip of his nose was a little sharper , but it was the best shot i got last night. I am just again starting to do a photo a day of something...
This is a great portrait. I'm not sure about the diagonal, but otherwise this is really superb. As Rupert says, the eyes are great, and that's 'dog.' The ears askew and hair just add to it, the textures and details are great.
09-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #4571

Photos: Albums
Tonight I ordered pizza and then went looking for an industrial part of town to take some shops. the areas that i found the sun was on the wrong side of the building so i didnt use them, then a few of them i did use i missed the focus. this was my favorite shot of the night, but the light pole in the background drives me bonkers. This is my mazdaspeed 6 that i just picked up for $5k

09-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #4572
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Take 2 on a bus stop Dior with the X100... not much PP, love the Fujis.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix X100  Photo 
09-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #4573
Veteran Member

Saturday night and I forgot about Beer Friday...

Tonight a Fruli (Belgian white strawberry beer) for the misses and a Tesco (UK kinda Walmart shop) own brand wheat beer.

I don’t mind Fruli a bit sweet for my taste but OK, does what is says on the bottle... Tesco wheat beer not so much, a lot of initial flavour but falls away quickly to nothingness.

Sorry for the fairly cluttered background, been quite busy! Potty Training....

Cheers, Steve
09-20-2014, 04:47 PM - 1 Like   #4574
Veteran Member

Bless your heart Skank...you are keeping BF going here, while slackers like me fail.....as usual. I'm not into flavors, but that ale looks very interesting.....not sure about the "falling away" fast part though? Maybe you need to drink faster? A good ale "falls away" very fast in my glass!

Reminded me....I have 3 bottles of brew left, Mrs Rupert has been emptying them out since they are in her way and I seldom drink any. I bet this one will be "falling away" within a few minutes! Like my fancy glass?

X20...quick snapper!

Regards!
09-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #4575
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Love the beer photos, we'll flip caps tomorrow, I hope to remember to bring a camera. No Dior at home, just at the bus stop.

Rupert, are you saying the Missus is drinking your beer to get it out of her way??? I'd draw a line there. D